+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TCU to MWC

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar
    On the CUSA board the TCU fans are saying that TCU will accept an invitation to the MWC. Supposedly a few of them have inside information with the AD who told them that the MWC has sweetened the deal to give them earlier start times and a few other perks. The person that started the thread is a lawyer that is usually pretty accurate with his information.

Whether it happens or not is anyone's guess.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Wow, there are some upset people on the CUSA board. They are so pissed at TCU right now they act like they are ready to commit murder. LOL!

Actually, those CUSA guys need to sweat a little bit. Talk about "high on your horse". Geeesh! They think allot of themselves. We Tech fans should fit right in.

Anyway, TCU to the MWC (IF it really happens) should help increase Tech's chances of getting a CUSA invite substantially. If that stupid coach of ours could coach a lick, we probably would've already been invited to CUSA.

HD

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Could somebody give me link to the CUSA board?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    I definitely would have liked a CUSA invite with TCU in it, but with or without TCU, CUSA will boost our program.

I thought the sole purpose of inviting the EWac schools was to please TCU. This surprises me.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    Could somebody give me link to the CUSA board?
    http://www.killerfrogs.com/cusa/

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough
    I agree, ParisDog. Doesn't make any sense. But if it helps our chances of getting into Conf-USA, I'm all for it.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    "I thought the sole purpose of inviting the EWac schools was to please TCU. This surprises me."

I too, would like an invite to CUSA...and I believe the EWAC teams were brought on board to appease Tulane.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg78
    "I thought the sole purpose of inviting the EWac schools was to please TCU. This surprises me."

I too, would like an invite to CUSA...and I believe the EWAC teams were brought on board to appease Tulane.
    I think you are right DMajors -

Everyone knows that TCU thinks they are MUCH better than SMU and the up cry from the TCU fandom was evident when SMU was invited...

Deep down, I think this was a conspiracy of great porportions by MWC and CUSA to rid itself of the WAC and be the last two standing...

BTW - I'm 99% confident that we are in if TCU goes to the MWC...

I never thought they would because it doesn't make sense to me, but then again its all about the possiblity of the BCS and the MWC is the closest conference to that...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    According to the director of the Libery Bowl, the MWC AND CUSA will be part of the BCS the next go around with the Liberty Bowl tied up in there too.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Clyde,

Steve Erhardt, who, you refer to, is pretty much on the money about these things... He has some very strong ties with the powers that be in the Bowl world, etc... This could be a HUGE financial boost for La. Tech in the future years and why it is SO important for us to get into CUSA!!!

Fingers Crossed!!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Guys, please don't continue the pee-peeing battle with North Texas on Killer Frogs. I don't think it makes us look too good.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    If TCU goes, I think they take Houston with them ... which is kind of a bummer because my father-in-law went to Houston and I was looking forward to a yearly rivalry ....

With UCF going to the Big East, that puts CUSA at 9 which makes scheduling possible (not easy) and keeps revenue sharing minimal.

They now have to add 3 to get to 12. Who are the 3 and if there are not 3 good candidates (consider travel), why would they add any?

Temple, Louisiana Tech and? UNT? ULL? MTSU? A MAC school?

This concerns me. I much preferred the situation where JUST UCF was leaving because I thought we were the most logical selection.

If the MWC and CUSA really wanted to destroy the WAC there were easier and more logical ways to go about that.

Louisiana Tech to CUSA and
    2-4 WWAC schools to MWC ...

Everyone is at 12 and more regional ... WAC and SBC leftover to put together the pieces.

Interestingly this solution leaves a core of WAC teams and a core of SBC teams ...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    UH will NOT go to the MWC...expenses would eat them alive...atttendance would be even worse...and their budget would suffer.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I also just read that UCF is likely to accept a CUSA all sports bid soon (it was reported on the nightly news in Orlando accoriding to posters on the CUSA board).

CARTEK, I hope you are right ... In the case of both above, I now WANT TCU to leave because our only chance at a CUSA bid otherwise may have just been closed. In fact, if TCU leaves, I think there is no other choice but us because the west WILL need a team.

CUSAE: Marshall, ECU, UCF, UAB, Memphis, USM
    CUSAW: Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Tulane

I do not think 11 will be the number. I will be 9, 10 or 12. Whatever it is, lets just hope we are IN.

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    I also just read that UCF is likely to accept a CUSA all sports bid soon (it was reported on the nightly news in Orlando accoriding to posters on the CUSA board).

CARTEK, I hope you are right ... In the case of both above, I now WANT TCU to leave because our only chance at a CUSA bid otherwise may have just been closed. In fact, if TCU leaves, I think there is no other choice but us because the west WILL need a team.

CUSAE: Marshall, ECU, UCF, UAB, Memphis, USM
    CUSAW: Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Tulane

I do not think 11 will be the number. I will be 9, 10 or 12. Whatever it is, lets just hope we are IN.

Isn't ironic that TCU's departure for CUSA got us into the WAC and now their departure for the MWC gets us into CUSA. I guess when TCU moves on again we are headed to the MWC.

I've said all along the there are 3 ways we get into CUSA and at least 1 if not 2 will happen. I still think UCF will end up in the BE at the end of the day, but the TCU opening is going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread