+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TCU to MWC

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    I just have this feeling that all of the decisions have been already made. What is going on now is just conference politics. I do not know what the decisions are, but I believe they have been made.

The conference re-alignment is drawing a lot of attention to the NCAA along with the BCS hearings. This all relates to increased TV viewing, everyone is sitting on edge awaiting the next announcement. The conferences (and networks) will play it out as long as they can, and only a handfull of people know what is really going to happen.

It has all became just as much a business plan as anything else at this point.

just my opinion

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I'll keep repeating my mantra: the BE will not stand pat at 8 teams...it does not make scheduling sense because its teams have to find two teams every other season to give them a fifth home game. Either UCF or ECU will end up in the BE.

At the end of the day there will be two routes for us to join CUSA...this is a gut feeling...I have no specific information.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog TIGGERHATER is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStOnge
    To put that in perspective Shreveport/Bossier is about 379,000.
    Your insinuation is that S'port/Bossier can be counted as part of Tech's fan base. Monroe could add another 75,000+ - right?

Wrong on both counts. Our fan base is the 40,000 in Ruston (including students) and about another 10,000-15,000 in S'port and Monroe combined.

To put that in perspective, Tech is drawing aout 1/3 of its realistic fan base if 19,000 people are in the stands.

Varsity Bulldog TIGGERHATER is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGGERHATER
    [quote:ee459c79f7="JohnStOnge"]To put that in perspective Shreveport/Bossier is about 379,000.
    Your insinuation is that S'port/Bossier can be counted as part of Tech's fan base. Monroe could add another 75,000+ - right?[/quote:ee459c79f7]

However, if Tech is playing Tulane in S'port (or Ruston , for that matter) after a rivalry has built up after a few years, the whole equation changes for the better.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Actually, Ouachita Parish (Monroe/West Monroe) is around 150,000. El Dorado, Arkansas area (1 hour north of Ruston) is around another 50,000). Lincoln Parish (Ruston) is around 45,000.

I would estimate that within a 1 hour drive of Ruston, the population is around 750,000 or 800,000.

To put the 1 hour drive in perspective, I live in the "Houston metro area" but it would take me almost an hour to get to the University of Houston from where I live and about 45 minutes to get to Rice's campus.

+ Reply to Thread