+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shreve. Times article (opinion) on CUSA & Tech's future.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Your math is off (just like the attendance) Try this to be accurate:

1 - (10,000/14872) = 1 - 0.675 = 0.325 = 32.5%

So, see the 40% is way high. :comp: :wink:

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Your math is off (just like the attendance) Try this to be accurate:

1 - (10,000/14872) = 1 - 0.675 = 0.325 = 32.5%

So, see the 40% is way high. :comp: :wink:
    Multiply 10,623 (the figure I used previously) by 1.4 and you get 14,872. If we were to designate 10,623 as the actual attendance figure, then the reported figure exceeded our designated actual figure by 40%.

14,872 exceeds your 10,000 designated actual number by 48.72% (10000 x 1.4872 = 14,872).

The ACTUAL number is the denominator for any calculations, not the ANNOUNCED number.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    FriscoDawg, were you at the game?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    FriscoDawg, were you at the game?
    I was unable to attend last week's game.

No one has posted any claim on this board that Saturday's actual attendance exceeded 11,000--in fact there have been several comments to the effect that it was probably around 10,000. Even using an 11,000 estimated actual figure, the announced figure would have exceeded that by 35.2%.

Earlier in this thread weunice had questioned an attendance fudge factor of 40%. I was simply illustrating a fudge factor of close to if not greater than 40% for the first home game after the discussion.

I would love to see these figures announced at home games to go along with the new attendance rules--total tickets distributed, tickets used (actual crowd in attendance), and no-shows. That would give everyone a chance to lustily boo the no-shows when they are announced.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I would rather see you at the game than on the board complaining about the attendance when you are not even there.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    AMEN DONW!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    I would rather see you at the game than on the board complaining about the attendance when you are not even there.
    Some of us have other obligations that prevent a 9-hour round trip--especially to see a blowout.

Please repost any direct complaint about Saturday's actual attendance that I have made in this thread--you won't find any. My posts have been only to disprove the assumption that announced crowds are closer to the actual than has been alleged.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I was really being sarcastic about the lack of attendance. I don't really care about the math. The fact is we have a problem...

However, this game seems to be the exception and not the rule... most games are at least within 10%... :cry:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    The biggest IMMEDIATE suggestion I could make to Jim Oakes to improve attendance will be to schedule ALL football games for Saturday NIGHT!

That's right. Deer hunters don't hunt at night, golfers don't golf at night, wives don't shop in the malls at night and kids don't play soccer games and other activities at NIGHT!

It's time to start using our head when scheduling these games.

In my opinion it's foolish for Louisiana Tech to schedule "afternoon" football games in Ruston because of all the "competing interests" that prevent people from attending daytime games. People in Louisiana are accustomed to attending their football games at night, not during the daytime. For example, LSU, ULL and every high school in Louisiana play thier football games at night. And it's been that way for DECADES!!!!!

When you schedule a daytime game you also screw up EVERYBODY'S schedule. And that's one HUGE reason Tech's attendance has suffered this season.

Of course, getting bitch slapped by LSU like a prison whore certainly didn't do anything to help our marketing credibility either. :roll:

HD

+ Reply to Thread