+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No conference USA, No Bicknell?

Varsity Bulldog gdawg is an unknown
    Hmmm..........one wonders if Conference USA does not extend an invitatation to La.Tech, will Bicknell bolt for a team that will be going to C-USA as in Central Florida? After all, he has been mentioned as a candidate for the position and there has been no announcement from him either way about what he's going to do? Kinda makes you think if we don't get in, he bolts. I kinda like that idea myself.

Bicknell if you are reading this thread, just think of the postitive of going to Central Florida.

*Higher salary
    *Orlando vs Ruston..............no comparison
    *Nice tanned a$$es to survey at the beaches after wins (and losses!)
    *Hot recruiting bed........(for beds too)
    *nowhere to go but up in the program
    *beautiful weather so pops will visit you more often and perhaps give you some tips.
    *C-USA as opposed to the WAC-belt
    *never hear from gdawg again (lol)

I would highly recommend a person of your ability and qualifications to go and turn that program around. I mean really, there are few others out there that could do it. I'll even write a letter of recommendation for you. Don't let the opportunity pass you by, you never know when you might get another opportunity of the sort.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    gdawg, I wouldn't move from this area to Orlando. Maybe Bicknell would, maybe you would.
    Why don't you move on down there and ask him to follow?
    Why don't you start posting on a board that covers your alma mater, not ours?
    Come shake hands with me at the Tulsa game Saturday and tell me you are a Tech fan. I would like to meet you. Maybe you'll be convincing. But, right now, I assume you are a North Texas or ULM or LUS fan. And it is pretty obvious you aren't a graduate of any college. Not because you aren't intelligent enough to learn but because you refuse to think clearly and set a goal and work for it. Whoa, that is wrong. You are working very hard to anger Tech fans and create discomfort among our football players and coaches.
    Just hike to Orlando and maybe Bicknell with follow.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Bicknell makes more than the ex-current head coach. Wonder if they'd pay Jack more?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    We can only hope...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bulldog Lando is an unknown
    gdawg, aubunique replies the same way to my posts too. You state some reasons why Bicknell would choose Florida of Ruston, and he attacks you as 'not being a tech fan'. Gee, in his 'fantasy world' of college football, fans can never say anything remotely 'negative' about any part of the athletic program. You must have the blind faith that he does, or else you must be spending your valuable time posting on a board of another school. Yeah, thats right AUB, I spend LOTS of time visiting boards of schools I didn't go to....

I think he is just bitter that all that money that he is giving Tech is showing no return...

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough
    Gdawg, Lando I must agree that this is the perfect oppurtunity for Central Florida's program to get a proven loser and our program to go find a proven winner.

Aub--I would like you to give me 5 logical and provable reasons you continue to support a coach who does not place priority on winning.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar
    Lando, you get the same response cause your posts hold the same water...we say plenty negative things, but we support our players. They have no power over who the coach is. Real fans do more than bitch and moan, we show up and cheer.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I show up and cheer, I give to my alma mater, I do this, i do that and wish he would start to fall in love with Orlando, but he already said that he likes it here because it is so cheap to live here, so my guess is he is staying even though I wish to death he would carry his A$$ so that this program can stop taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Everybody keep your fingers crossed...this (Bicknell to UCF) is the chance we've all been waiting for. Let's just hope that Bicknell and the Dawgs beat Tulsa and Rice, so Bick becomes more attractive to UCF.

HD

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    It would be nice if there was also a big fat buyout clause in Bicknell's contract to help offset some of the CUSA initiation fee we are going to have to pony up!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    That's right. Winning is the main thing right now.
    Have I said I support the coach? I don't know him well enough to judge him. I believe that public negativity breeds negativity in outsiders, who are the people the devoted fans must enlist to help build the program, whoever is coach.
    Squelch the yellow breeze!

Varsity Bulldog gdawg is an unknown
    I didn't bash the players one single time in my post so I don't know what aubunique is talking about. ON this board we have the Pro-Bicknells and the Anti-bicknells and there is no secret what side of the fence I am on. Does that make me a NLU fan......hell no. I want badly to see our program thrive and blossom like Tim Brando and other commentators thought they would. That will never happen with Bicknell unless we have the talent to overcome his dumb coaching practices and decisions. Aubunique you can continue to rival my posts but I am no more of a Tech hater for wanting the coach ousted as you are for wanting him to stay and continue killing the momentum we had under Crowton. Any person with any kind of football sense would know that right now this Tech team would be sitting pretty at 8-2 if we had the right guys with headsets on. You and I would arguing about which bowl we belonged in rather than firing a coach or not. I can guarantee that if Bicknell stays we'll arguing the former again next year which will make you look more of ass when dream up even more excuses for him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdawg
    I didn't bash the players one single time in my post so I don't know what aubunique is talking about. ON this board we have the Pro-Bicknells and the Anti-bicknells and there is no secret what side of the fence I am on. Does that make me a NLU fan......hell no. I want badly to see our program thrive and blossom like Tim Brando and other commentators thought they would. That will never happen with Bicknell unless we have the talent to overcome his dumb coaching practices and decisions. Aubunique you can continue to rival my posts but I am no more of a Tech hater for wanting the coach ousted as you are for wanting him to stay and continue killing the momentum we had under Crowton. Any person with any kind of football sense would know that right now this Tech team would be sitting pretty at 8-2 if we had the right guys with headsets on. You and I would arguing about which bowl we belonged in rather than firing a coach or not. I can guarantee that if Bicknell stays we'll arguing the former again next year which will make you look more of ass when dream up even more excuses for him.
    If you know any "Pro Bicknell's" these days, please tell me who they are. They are a dying breed at Louisiana Tech.

HD

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Aubunique is one.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Yeah, but even Aubunique might not be pro-Bicknell if he was listening to a game on the radio in the privacy of his own Arkansas abode. He's just careful not to say anything publicly. Notice we didn't have the "Let the 12-0 season begin" that became 11-1, 10-2, ... down to 3-7. He was pretty optimistic, but we had none of that this season from Mr. Aubunique! BTW, Aub, PLEASE don't start now!

+ Reply to Thread