+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Impact Players for Next Year

Puppy faithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around here
    I have been watching the punter/kicker at Evangel his name is Jared Jennings. He is also a backup QB with a great arm. He kicked three field goals in last weeks playoff game. One of the field goals was from 41 yards. All of his punts were booming and high. I talked with him after the game and told him that Tech could use him next year, his reply was "really, tell them to send me a letter"

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faithdawg
    "really, tell them to send me a letter"
    [sarcasm]
    But then we'd have to like buy a stamp and like... you know... write something. Plus, he's all the way at Evangel, I don't think we recruit that far out.
    [/sarcasm]

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    I'm just hoping that we can get a QB who doesn't have "happy feet". eg somewone who can step up in the pocket and actually have a chance to READ and DECIDE before throwing. I think you would see a huge "improvement" in the OL in this approach. As some of the 49er OL guys have stated yesterday when talking about Tim vs Jeff,...."it's a lot easier to protect a QB when you know where he's going to be"............
    I also think our OL will be better next year. I think this year we had four new linemen and they will all be back? They will have that experience plus, hopefully, be bigger and stronger.

I wish we would throw to the TE more.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    [quote:ebc20e578e="Bill Pup60"]I'm just hoping that we can get a QB who doesn't have "happy feet". eg somewone who can step up in the pocket and actually have a chance to READ and DECIDE before throwing. I think you would see a huge "improvement" in the OL in this approach. As some of the 49er OL guys have stated yesterday when talking about Tim vs Jeff,...."it's a lot easier to protect a QB when you know where he's going to be"............
    I also think our OL will be better next year. I think this year we had four new linemen and they will all be back? They will have that experience plus, hopefully, be bigger and stronger.

I wish we would throw to the TE more.[/quote:ebc20e578e]

I agree. If our offensive linemen put in the time this summer, we should be pretty strong there next year. And hopefully with a fresh offensive approach, the tight end will be utilized more.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar
    This is who I think will have a breakout year.

Offense- Moats , Rawls , Holland -Tech's Tripletts & the OL

Defense- Hiram Eugene , Hamilton

ST- Myatt

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Good choice, BD13. I'm with you!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    The DL will step up big next year with the play of these big guys: DE- Ruffins, 6-5, 270; DT- Love, 6-3, 325; DT-Muse, 6-3, 315. We finally get some guys that can rush the QB. Love still needs to drop about 15-20 pounds before next season. If we get a new coach look for Capps to have a great year at TE. Capps showed that he could catch the ball this year when it was thrown to him. Bryon Young will make one heck of a FB at 6-1, 250.

+ Reply to Thread