+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Impact Players for Next Year

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute
    For a change of pace...who are the players who you think will be IMPACT players or who will pleasantly surprise some next year.

I think Moats will continue to blow everyones mind. I don't think "darkhorse Heisman" candidate but I can see something like Michael Turner's junior year at NIU (338 - 1915 ). So I definetly see the Moats era getting off to a good start next year.

I also think the offensive line will be better. I think some experience will have helped them tremendously and the addition of (I forgot the transfers name) will solidy a good line.

I think Eric Newman and Jonathan Holland will mature alot giving us a good receiving core.

But to get back to my original question, my surprise picks would be:
    Offense: Eric Newman
    Defense: Byron Santiago

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Offense: WR Newman, Newman, Newman! Whish he was our go to guy (or it had used more) this season

Defense: LBs Jeremy Hamilton (breakout year), Brannon Jackson & Bryon Young (solid Frosh seasons)

Special Teams: K Zach Myatt

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Holland and Rawls on offense, and hopefully several players on defense. Myatt should step right in and continue our tradition of great placekickers.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough
    Does our NEW coach count :?: :wink:

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    I think the biggest impact will be a choice for quarterback.

I think it's between Kubik and Champion:?:

In any case, it will be someone with little or no game experience.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    hopefully our new qb will make a big impact. i think newman and holland will make big impacts. jemeyll phillips will solidify an o-line that returns 5 starters, moats will be the man.

on d, santiago and hamilton will be great and tj jackson and nash will plug the middle. hopefully brannon jackson can get out there and make an impact.

van hoy will be the man on the d-line, but we lose street and cage so we need some guys to step up.

if anybody can make an impact in the secondary, it will be huge. maybe hirame eugene will be that guy(if he is still around?)

2003 BB&B Football Pick 'Em Champion Nailit is an unknown Nailit's Avatar
    O- Zac Champion, Moats

D - TJ Jackson

ST - Zach Myatt

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future
    All of the players already mentioned will be well worth waiting to see in 2004 and many will be "impact players." I am really interested to see how some that have not been mentioned perform in the spring & then compete in the fall of '04.

Two RS FR OL really intigue me: Kevin Bagot-6'6"-345 & Jason Lewis-6'5"-330; RS FR Josh Muse-6'3"-315 &, finally, John "Dancing Bear" Jackson-6'5"-285 will draw interest at DT & we really NEED both of them to step up & help us. I am anxious to see PROP Kermit Givens in live action along with Shelton Richardson when he knows he is competing to PLAY, both RB's, and, who knows, perhaps Richardson may be considered as our new FB!

In addition to all of our young WR's ticketed for stardom, I will be very interested to see what happens to Josh Odums, a guy who possesses a great deal of talent. Will Jamie Spigener ever realize the promise of his God-given capabilities at TE? Can you imagine Marcus Lindsey & Phillips side-by-side in the OL? These two monsters ought to be able to "pancake" enough defenders to clear the way for the dynamo!

Hiram Eugene is here in school & we all remember Lewis Carter-could these great athletes be THE ANSWER (borrowed from TO) for us at the corners? I'll bet you are as ready as I am to see if they can-right? Remember Robert Burrell & Ricardo Jean' Louis? Will these two athletes be ready to step up & really contribute?

And, what ever happened to the man-child, Ike Ihekweazu? Could he team with Greg Hollins & Terrance Alexander to give us a 3-youngster LB rotation?

The BIG QUESTION is, WHO WILL PUNT? That player has yet to arrive on campus. So, if you have seen a good punter this year in your area, please let Greg Malo (Recruiting Coord.) know. Like a deep snapper, or, as they are called now, long snapper, you never quite realize how valuable a punter is to your team until you DO NOT have one!

Varsity Bulldog coona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Not to change the subject, but I have always wondered why an athlete already on the team did not try to step up and punt. A DB or QB should be able to do that with a little coaching. Tech has one of the best all timers over in the Sheveport/Bossier area who has probably forgotten more about punting than most will ever know. Get him over to help! Didn't I read somewhere that Myatt punts too?

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Why hasn't Robert Burrell EVER played at Tech?!! I remember him picking off 2 passes in the Spring Game and I was really excited about him. I was excited when we recruited and signed him. He is BIG and FAST and can actually catch an errant pass that comes his way. Won't he be a SR next year? I have seen Derrick Farrow play, but no Burrell. Farrow seems like a good player that came out of nowhere. Burrell has been wasted. Does anyone know what the deal is with him?

2003 BB&B Football Pick 'Em Champion Nailit is an unknown Nailit's Avatar
    Mick, I have heard that Coach Reinbold has been working with Myatt on punting before practices. Have you seen this? Myatt punted in high school and had a decent avg. (39-41 yds, I think). He needs to get more consistent and stronger. I know some coaches don't like kickers to do both. They feel like they are two different leg motions and one will hinder the other. Other coaches don't have a problem with it. It would be great if Myatt could be consistent at both, then that would save us a scholly to give to DEFENSIVE player!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    I'm just hoping that we can get a QB who doesn't have "happy feet". eg somewone who can step up in the pocket and actually have a chance to READ and DECIDE before throwing. I think you would see a huge "improvement" in the OL in this approach. As some of the 49er OL guys have stated yesterday when talking about Tim vs Jeff,...."it's a lot easier to protect a QB when you know where he's going to be"............

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future
    If Myatt becomes our punter, it will be because we have noone else. He has plenty enough work to do to become our placekicker.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    scobee and myatt are our first kickers in a while to have scholarships. i dont think upton has one, i dont know if we ever gave a scholarship to a punter? we need to ask around and find a good punter to come walk on.

Varsity Bulldog coona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Jay, you still have to give him a scholarship even if he walks on. Upton counts agianst the scholarship number. So has every other kicker/punter Tech has ever had. Find a guy on the team who can punt! It ain't that hard, it just takes proper technique and work. Then you have an extra 'ship.

+ Reply to Thread