+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To those who Cancel Season Tickets

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    The Harpers will definitely renew our season tickets for next year and continue contributioms to CHAMPS. We will do it as a show of support for La Tech Athletics and the young men that attend Tech on a football scholarship. I hope all of you do too.

Ross & Betty Harper
    ~~~~
    and no offense, but as long as people blindly accept mediocrity and incompetence, it will continue.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    The Harpers will definitely renew our season tickets for next year and continue contributioms to CHAMPS.
    So will the Johnsons. I enjoyed visiting with you, Betty and the pugs this year and look forward to seeing you next season. Take care. Regards, Buddy.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    [quote:2388c87bec="TechsasDawg"]The Harpers will definitely renew our season tickets for next year and continue contributioms to CHAMPS. We will do it as a show of support for La Tech Athletics and the young men that attend Tech on a football scholarship. I hope all of you do too.

Ross & Betty Harper
    ~~~~
    and no offense, but as long as people blindly accept mediocrity and incompetence, it will continue.[/quote:2388c87bec]

Actually, glum, I see nothing in my post about accepting mediorcrity or incompetence - either blindly or with my eyes wide open! Maybe you need to get a pair of reading glasses, or attend a reading class, but I very plainly said my actions were to show support for La Tech Athletics and the young men that attend Tech on a football scholarship. If you insist on making stupid comments on other peoples posts, you should at least address what their post said.

You might also notice that I signed my post so folks could know who I am. You didn't!!!

TD
    ~~

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    He did Ross -

He signed it with his initials and has never made any bones about anyone knowing he is Glenn Mitchell and jbiii's next door neighbor...

If I did not have pledges outstanding for 2003/2004 - my Champs contribution would have been cut by 90% - the only reason I'm honoring my committments is because I always try to fullfill a promise - and I have redirected ALL of those committments to the baseball program...

I will still go to all home football games, but outside of that I will not be doing any EXTRAS for the program - they wanted him, they can do the extras...

And it was made quite clear to me by correspondence on why he was kept - and it wasn't because he was a good coach -

The administration has voided my trust in thier stewardship for the last time - which up until this point I would have considered "guarded" loyalty at best, blind loyalty for the most part...

I have been left flapping in the wind more than once with this admin and it will not happen again...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    [quote:ca00dd18ee="glm47"][quote:ca00dd18ee="TechsasDawg"]The Harpers will definitely renew our season tickets for next year and continue contributioms to CHAMPS. We will do it as a show of support for La Tech Athletics and the young men that attend Tech on a football scholarship. I hope all of you do too.

Ross & Betty Harper
    ~~~~
    and no offense, but as long as people blindly accept mediocrity and incompetence, it will continue.[/quote:ca00dd18ee]

Actually, glum, I see nothing in my post about accepting mediorcrity or incompetence - either blindly or with my eyes wide open! Maybe you need to get a pair of reading glasses, or attend a reading class, but I very plainly said my actions were to show support for La Tech Athletics and the young men that attend Tech on a football scholarship. If you insist on making stupid comments on other peoples posts, you should at least address what their post said.

You might also notice that I signed my post so folks could know who I am. You didn't!!!

TD
    ~~[/quote:ca00dd18ee]

32 to 97. Now that is glum. That's how bad we got outscored by Tulsa and Rice. 672. That's how many yards Rice had rushing. Now that is glum. And that was with us having an extra week to prepare.

Quite the contrary. As soon as I get all of this out of my system, i'll be on my merry way and forgetting Tech for awhile. It's truly not worth the effort to support total incompetence and cronyism like we have at Tech.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    "As soon as I get all of this out of my system, I'll be
    on my merry way and forgetting Tech for awhile. It's
    truly not worth the effort to support total incompetence
    and cronyism like we have at Tech." glm47

Multiply that by about 3,000 to 5,000 Tech fans. 99% of the fans
    who walk away will never post on this board or be quoted in
    the paper. They will simply disappear. Bringing them back will
    cost much more than $450,000. A big chunk of them will be
    lost forever.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Louisiana Tech is very fortunate that the turnout for
    that mess against Rice was so low. Only the super
    diehards were there I suppose.

We have all heard the old saying "the more things
    change, the more they stay the same." Every last
    game of every season with Bicknell is ugly. The most
    unthinkable reality is that each one gets worse
    than the one before.

Remember 1999 at USC? Ugly
    How about 2000 at Hawaii? Uglier still
    The H-Bowl in 2001? Hideous
    Fresno St. at Aillet in 2002? Team layed down in 2nd half

So why should anyone have expected the Rice game
    to be any different?

So the way I see it: It was a very good thing
    that only 4 or 5 thousand saw that mess.

Imagine if somehow Tech would have succeeded
    in getting 20k there and many of them were 1st
    timers at a Tech game. The damage would have
    been ugliest.

When you remember the boys in blue
    don't forget about the
    672! :x

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: To those who Cancel Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman
    It shows character not to fire someone just because an idiot in Las Vegas thinks you should. The Post was about people not cancelling season Tickets. Do you buy them, give to the University? The decision was made to keep Bicknell so ranting and raving about firing him is only hurting the university. Bicks the coach, get over it, quit whining. If Tech sux next year, then new coach, or Tech wins and you eat crow. Done Posting
    Barkman,

Please let me know when we sux bad enough.

Thanks,
    RougeDawg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Nope, LSU also have fans that demand a winning team. The year they lost to Houston they were down to averaging in the low 60's, and only 50K showed for that Houston game. Or, roughly a half of what they get when winning. And you see this repeated across the nation, even with traditional powers when they go thru bad times.

Buying season tix and going to college FB games is NOT just about supporting the alma mater, it is also about ENTERTAINMENT. For instance, I do not go, thus do not support, those stupid slasher movies like Nightmare on Elm Street because I do not find them entertaining. Well, in a similar fashion, Louisiana Tech athletics is competing for my time and dollars. And I get no joy out of watching the one college football team I care about suck! Believe it or not, when I attend ANY Tech athletic event that means I have chosen to not do something else I enjoy. Yes, I have choices in my life, all the time.

So, Barkman, buy your FB season tix and blindly support Bick, Oakes and Reneau (the Three Stooges). Notice how no one cares if you do. Guess what, the Stooges don't care either.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Whom do you feel Tech goes against head to head recruiting the most? Do you think JBIII has ever been asked " How many years do you have left on contract" From what I have observed the best players we have are A. Walk ons B. Players that were overlooked by bigger schools.
    IMO Tech should recruit more locally and also find players in bigger cities who want a small town atmosphere such as MOATS. If we are recruiting head to head vs LSU who is going to get the player. 90,000 who show up whether you are 11-2 or 4-7 and can get the band at the game during Thanksgiving.
    Barkman,

I've been attending LSU games for a long time, and I can tell you that you will not get 90,000 in TS if LSU is winning 3 or 4 games a year for two or three years in a row. There might be 2 or 3 programs in the country that could accomplish that. During the latter part of the Hallman era, it was a miracle to get 60,000 in the stands, and most of those left by halftime. At that time the stadium probably held 85,000 so that's about the same percentage of people that aren't showing up to Tech games based on your stadium size.

Does that make those LSU or Tech fans that did not show up bad fans? No. It simply shows that they will not tolerate a loser mentality, nor will they spend their hard earned money when they know that it could be so much better if the administration and fans alike would open their eyes and give the university what it deserves. That is what LSU finally did when they bucked the good ole boys and went out and got Saban.

People think it's all about wins and losses, but it's not, at least not directly. It's about being prepared, it's about maximizing the talent in your program, it's about graduating players, it's about running a clean program, it's about discipline, fire, intensity, teaching, giving your players the best opportunity to do what they do best, and not accepting anything but the absolute best from every player, coach, administrator, FAN, and anybody else involved with your program down to the ticket office answering service, and the people working the concession stand. If these things happen then the wins will come along with the territory.

I know people like you Barkman. I know people that still claim Dinardo needed another year or two and he would have turned it around. They were pissed when LSU fired him, and they still believe he was a great coach. What a joke.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Unbelievable! An MT post with a shred of good sense!

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Done Posting
    Thank God for small favors! Geesh!

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Just now posting because believe it or not didnt know about the site. I have a job.
    If you didn't know about the site until now, then how did you become a member in December 2003?

And good for you... I am glad that you're employed. But what's that got to do with anything?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Somebody dug up an old thread - it was started last year.
    Go Tech!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Unbelievable! An MT post with a shred of good sense!
    I was thinking the same thing....even gave him some positive reputation points! Hard to believe for sure!

+ Reply to Thread