+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awfully Quiet Here... What's the News?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I wish they would hurry up too. There is a difference in being conservative and just not making any decisions at all. I guess that blows our hopes of the 15th.

I worry about UNT too. I just hope that they see what Tech brings to the table. If they listen to our distractors on the CUSA board, we are in trouble.

:idea: "Not making any decision at all is still making a decision." :wink:

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute
    There's simply no telling how long it will be before the MWC decides what they're going to do. And the more I read indicates that while TCU might be favored, Boise is receiving strong consideration. MWC might take one or the other, or might take both. But we probably need to quit holding our breath because it could be a while.

Also, I'm seeing more in print about North Texas & CUSA than I'd been seeing. Hopefully that's just journalists trying to find something to write about.

The following I picked up from Rocky Mountain News in Denver yesterday:

Touring the Mountain West

The off-season (if it takes that long) in the MWC will be spent in expansion-study mode (if anymore study is needed). The league appears on the brink of adding another member, with Texas Christian mentioned again this week in a report by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a source told the newspaper, "It could be a week, or it could be a month." TCU, currently a Conference-USA member, would join the MWC no earlier than 2005

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    My bet is that the MWC takes both Top Twenty teams >>TCU and BSU.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree with you, Tyler. I bet they will take both. Boise beating TCU in the Fort Worth bowl is what I would love to see, but it might put them more in favor. Who knows, though? Lately, it does not seem that any conference is necessarily going after winners.

Both is a good bet that I would take.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I hope CUSA officials aren't reading the detractors on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I hope CUSA officials aren't reading the detractors on this board!
    :lol: :lol: I can hear DR now AUB, "IT WAS BB&B's FAULT THAT WE DIDN'T GET IN CUSA! Those DANG internet GEEKS!" We can only wish we had that type of power AUB. If we did, we wouldn't be bitching and moaning about the same old things every year :roll: . Especially this year. One thing I know for sure would have been done different:twisted: !

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I have worried about the same thing, Aub. BUT, I started thinking of it a little differently (I had to - otherwise, I would lose hope).

So, this is my new take:

This board is full of fans that are passionate about Tech. That is actually a good thing. All fan furums are filled with negative and positive posts. Maybe, that will be a selling point. You can never say that the Tech fans on here are satisfied with mediocre outcomes. They want action and improvement. If I were a conference official, I would be impressed.

How's that?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    I'm impressed, champ! I'm begining to believe that you could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and get blood out of a turnip!

TD
    ~~

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I am sorry that I allow some things written on the board to irritate me. I can't apologize for believing that what is written here has an effect on how people view members of this board and Tech fans in general and by extension, Tech itself.
    My view of things is different from that of some others in that I consider what I write as the most important representation of myself. I can't do much about how I look when people see me or the quality of my house or car or clothing, etc. What I write is the only part of me that has a chance to be identified with me for the long term, beyond my lifetime.
    Others I know would not be seen dirty, unshaven, driving a rundown used car, or dressed shabbily and don't misbehave in public. However, when they write on here they take on different personalities.
    I KNOW that ANYONE can read what we write here. Therefore, I try not to write anything I couldn't comfortably put in a newspaper with my name and photo at the top of the column.

I'm impressed, champ! I'm begining to believe that you could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and get blood out of a turnip!
    LOL Isn't that what life should be about?

I KNOW that ANYONE can read what we write here. Therefore, I try not to write anything I couldn't comfortably put in a newspaper with my name and photo at the top of the column.
    SO TRUE, Aub! I try to do the same thing, but sometimes my emotions take over. That is a great thought to keep in mind, though, and we all should strive toward doing that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I sometimes over-react, granted, but my posts are mostly an accurate portrayal of me. I am emotional, I often wear my emotions on my sleeve, so it follows that my posts would reflect that. I also have zero tolerance for SNAFU's, and if you understand the true meaning of that acronym, you can understand my disgust with Bicknell's track record.

Now, whether or not this forum "turns people off" to Tech in general, I cannot and will not help that. As others have posted you see far worse on other forums, including on LSU's during the Retardo regime, and look what their "griping" has gotten them.

"We're not gonna take it...anymore." - Twisted Sister
    :guitar: :drum:
    :singer:

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    We should not look to LSU fans as role models of how we should act. It wasn't the LSU fans that brought about drastic changes to the LSU football program, it was Skip Bertman's leadership and lots and lots of money...Tech has neither, but we do push them for "the Nation's Worst Fans Award."

No, the HOG fans are a lot worse and there are more of them. Obnoxious.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    It's UNT that actually worries me: a 3-peat conference champ with fine facilities, a major market, and (most of all) an administration that sees the value of a PLAN. On the other hand, CUSA already has a foothold in that market, and I suspect SMU wont be too happy about sharing it with the Denton suitcase school. Additionally, Reneau is said to be in-like-flynn with the SMU pres ... so maybe things are looking up.

For the record, UNT's athletic facilities SUCK! UNT's facilities are much worse than Tech's, and they are also "worse than most Sunbelt school's facilities" (source, today's Dallas Morning News.).

Where does the "UNT has great facilities" story come from????? I see people posting that claim all the time, and it's an absolute FALSEHOOD. UNT's facilities are terrible. They may have grand plans for the future, but that's all vaporware until I see dirt flying.

I live 30 miles from the UNT campus and 25 miles from SMU's campus. Those two schools are LIGHTYEARS apart in facilities and academics, with SMU holding a HUGE advantage in both.

UNT is a one-trick pony (pardon the pun) with NOTHING to offer in men's and women's basketball or in baseball. I'd be shocked if CUSA would stoop so low and put itself in the embarrassing position of associating with UNT. Furthermore, UNT's football program will surely slide as soon as Dickey leaves for a better head football coaching position. And let's not forget that save for a win over Baylor's worst team in 50 years, UNT still can't beat anyone outside the Sunbelt conference.

In my opinion, SMU will not allow itself to share a conference with lowly UNT. Period.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Champ -

If we don't get in, it is because we have an adminsitration that is more worried about keeping the status quo and STABILITY than it is about putting fannies in the seats, winning ballgames, improving our facilities and growing our fan base...

Long-term plans and projects tend to attract people who are looking at making an "investment" in something - they tend to make people set-up an pay attention -

CUSA is looking for a school to "invest" in -

Hopefully, they are not wide awake when they make the decision and the lighting is real dim - that will make it alot easier to hide our blemishes...

Everybody has blemishes dude. And the good news is, LA Tech's got fewer blemishes than the other guys trying to get into CUSA.

Everybody on this board needs to take a deep breath and remember that this ain't the Big 10 we're trying to join. If we don't get into CUSA, it will ONLY be because our leaders have convinced people to think the way you do.

HD

+ Reply to Thread