+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Awfully Quiet Here... What's the News?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Bring on CUSA!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Everybody has blemishes dude. And the good news is, LA Tech's got fewer blemishes than the other guys trying to get into CUSA.

Everybody on this board needs to take a deep breath and remember that this ain't the Big 10 we're trying to join. If we don't get into CUSA, it will ONLY be because our leaders have convinced people to think the way you do.

HD
    No if we don't get in it's because of of our administration's unwillingness to INVEST in our facilities - and winning means absolutely nothing - what have we got to offer women's basketball?

From what I'm hearing FACILITIES, BUDGET and COMMITMENT are more than likely going to be the DECIDING factors in this race - and suprisingly our admin is beginning to see the error of their ways and are SUDDENLY concerned about our position -

UTEP and UNT have been making a strong push and are both trotting out facility plans and mult-multi million dollar upgrades and fundraising plans -

We have gone from sitting in a fairly firm position to a teetering position in the last month -

Our administration is sweating bullets and they KNOW that if we don't get into CUSA we are basically doomed -

I want to know how many of ya'll got the "begging and forgiveness" letter Friday or Saturday -

If our admin wasn't scared to death they would have NEVER sent that letter -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I didn't get it. What did it say?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    It basically tried to "explain" thier decision to keep Bicknell - even though it angered alot of fans -

It also asked boosters/donors to NOT cancel their season tickets and to HONOR their Champs pledges -

I didn't receive one - and its obvious why - but several people on this board got one and my neighbor at the BB games showed me his Saturday nite -

I wish I would have kept it and posted it here -

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    It basically tried to "explain" thier decision to keep Bicknell - even though it angered alot of fans -

It also asked boosters/donors to NOT cancel their season tickets and to HONOR their Champs pledges -

I didn't receive one - and its obvious why - but several people on this board got one and my neighbor at the BB games showed me his Saturday nite -

I wish I would have kept it and posted it here -
    I got one and have already responded with a couteous "I'm not interested" response to Jim Oakes. Tech's administration had my money and my committment and they squandered it. Now it is up to them to SHOW me a COMMITTMENT to 1-A athletics. Then I'll be back in the fold.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    What was the reason for keeping Bicknell?

"Stability"

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    At least we caught Saddam!

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    The Titanic has experienced stability since when, 1912?

(This is really bad as a simile since I still think we're going to be ok. However, it struck me as apt in a ghoulish way.)

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I got the letter.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Could someone post a copy of the letter???

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I want to know how many of ya'll got the "begging and forgiveness" letter Friday or Saturday -

If our admin wasn't scared to death they would have NEVER sent that letter -
    :lol: :lol: I got one Saturday as well. :lol: :lol: Talk about being embarrassed for those two guys ops: !!!!!! It was "written" by JO and RW. IMHO, they made some very necessary and interesting points that we would all have expected them to state. Thank you for the letter and comments, I guess. I feel sorry for these two, as well as TECH, because I suspect that DR probably kept JO from doing what he wanted to do, after the RICE game. But the letter was sad as well as, "a day late and dollar short". I second Glen's comments above and add that it was a wasted stamp.

BTW, DR has still not responded to my e-mail :roll: .

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I think we'd all be curious to see the letter. Wonder who got em? (I guess I'm not a big enough donor.)

HD .... thanks for that insight on UNT. I guess I bought the hype about their capital improvements plan. (I wish Tech had a plan I could get hyped about.)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    Could someone post a copy of the letter???

HELP JACK PACK!!
    NEVER FORGET!!!!!
    TU 48 - LTU 18,
    RICE 49 - LTU 14 (672 RUSHING YARDS)

WHEN WILL THE LONG DARK NIGHT END??
    I wish I could say after The Return Of The Kings opens!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    i got one. i will try to remember to scan it and post it.

i already told them dont ask for money until bicknell is gone. if they are gonna commit to losing, im not gonna help them.

+ Reply to Thread