+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Fletcher / Rodney Alexander (from FB forum)

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar
    BTW, he's a Tech grad and he talks very highly of Tech quote often.

He won the Republican primary last year for Dr. John Cooksey's old seat, beating out several established Republican candidates. To my knowledge it was his first time running for office. He had been on Dr. Cooksey's staff in Washington. He would have beaten Rodney Alexander easily in the election, but a couple of the Republican candidates he had beaten in the primary got mad and wouldn't support him. So instead we got Rodney Alexander in office, making Louisiana a laughing stock once again. Alexander will never get re-elected in this district. It's a very conservative district.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Well, I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but BB, I think you ought to give Rodney Alexander a break. Of all the Democrats in Washington, he is probably second only to Senator Zell Miller of Georgia when it comes to social/fiscal conservatism. I've been very pleased with the job he's been doing. Of course, I'm biased, because I know him and like him very much and he's doing very well for my native Jackson Parish! I think he will be very competitive for re-election, but of course there are no guarantees.

As for Fletcher, I think he's just trying to play "the good soldier, let's get behind Tech in this hour of need" angle. I also think he's looking at a potential C-USA invite as more important for Tech's future and is thinking you can't both fire the coach and go to C-USA, so C-USA is more important. Just my opinion, though, and I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, I'll stow the political talk for the political board.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar
    Alexander may well be more conservative than the average democrat, but when the vote counts and the democrats NEED him, he'll fall in line with them.

I'll never understand how someone can call themself conservative and align themself with the democratic party. Exactly what in their platform is conservative?

Does he agree with them on abortion?
    Does he agree with them on the tax structure?
    Does he agree with them on their stance regarding national security?
    Does he agree with them on blocking federal judges (though that's a senate function)?

If not, why does he call himself a democrat?

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    I'm sure the RNC made him do it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey, I gave money to Lee's campaign last year and live in Texas for goodness sake! I had NO IDEA that he was such a suck-up to JBIII and the rest of the ADM! Just another typical politico huh! LEE, YOU WILL GET NO MORE $$$ FROM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    BTW, he's a Tech grad and he talks very highly of Tech quote often.

He won the Republican primary last year for Dr. John Cooksey's old seat, beating out several established Republican candidates. To my knowledge it was his first time running for office. He had been on Dr. Cooksey's staff in Washington. He would have beaten Rodney Alexander easily in the election, but a couple of the Republican candidates he had beaten in the primary got mad and wouldn't support him. So instead we got Rodney Alexander in office, making Louisiana a laughing stock once again. Alexander will never get re-elected in this district. It's a very conservative district.
    Name one piece of legislation on which Rodney has not voted with the administration.

I'm waiting. Name one.

There's a reason Fletcher didn't get the support of his fellow Republicans in the run off. When you resort to dirty politics you sometimes get burned. He shouldn't haven't violated Reagan's 11th commandment.

Independent polls are showing Rodney way ahead of his possible opponents (including Cooksie) in the next election.

Alexander may well be more conservative than the average democrat, but when the vote counts and the democrats NEED him, he'll fall in line with them.
    This was one of the quotes I meant to comment on in the preceding.

Just as the Republicans have Delay, Lott, etc. in one camp and McCain, Specter, etc. in another, the Democrats have Kennedy, Rangel, etc. on one side and Alexander, Miller, etc. on another. There is diversity within the parties.

Again, give us an example of when Rodney has not voted with the administration.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice
    isn't there a political forum on this board?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44
    isn't there a political forum on this board?
    Yes there is...take it there. There have been ENOUGH politics involved in Bulldog football for the time being

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game
    Actually, having a Democrat like Rodney is good for the district. If he was a Republican, he would be expected to vote the party line on all bills--no special attention would be given to him. However, being a conservative Democrat makes him a valuable swing vote. I bet our district will benefit greatly from Rodney's tenure.
    ________
    Essential Vaaapp
    Last edited by dawg88; 05-04-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    He would have beaten Rodney Alexander easily in the election, but a couple of the Republican candidates he had beaten in the primary got mad and wouldn't support him. - BB

Partially true. Holloway was a total ass but Lee had just carried Holloway's area anyway so that one didn't hurt much. Barham stayed silent but Lee was not going to get much of that vote anyway. Lee still had this thing won inside of two weeks prior to election day. In the final debate Alexander questioned Lee about having any upaid taxes. Lee's campaign had beated Alexander to death about some income tax issues (RNC's dumba$$ stuff). When Lee was asked if he owed any past due taxes he answered no. Lee had an appoximate $200 past due bill to La. Employment Dept. that Alexander's camp knew about. They set him up and he paid dearly. If I remember correcty Lee only lost by 1000 or so votes.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Clyde Holloway has been and always will be an ass...especially if you beat him.

I hope Lee learned a lesson...if someone asks a very direct question, odds are they already know the answer! Thus, your answer should be tempered...like "to the best of my knowledge."
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by american
    [quote:3b34dfd878="The Big Bengal"]BTW, he's a Tech grad and he talks very highly of Tech quote often.

Name one piece of legislation on which Rodney has not voted with the administration.

I'm waiting. Name one.

There's a reason Fletcher didn't get the support of his fellow Republicans in the run off. When you resort to dirty politics you sometimes get burned. He shouldn't haven't violated Reagan's 11th commandment.

Independent polls are showing Rodney way ahead of his possible opponents (including Cooksie) in the next election.[/quote:3b34dfd878]

Name one piece of legislation in the house that the democrats needed ONE vote on.

I'm waiting.

Name one.

If the democrats need his vote, they'll get it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I won't argue that much BB. It may happen. You probably already know this, but the 5th district is primarily agriculture based. The Congressman elected here will always be judged on how well he does for the farmers. Huckaby always was and for a short stint McCrarey(sp?) was. Cooksey always represented my personal and business views but in the bigger picture he was not the best representative the farmers have ever had. I'm not sure Lee would have been either, but I voted for him. Anyway, that being said, Alexander doesn't know squat about farming, but he answers directly to folks who do and who will fund his campaign no matter his party affiliation. You know as well as I do why he remains a democrat.

[quote:3e8291dd84="american"][quote:3e8291dd84="The Big Bengal"]BTW, he's a Tech grad and he talks very highly of Tech quote often.

I'm waiting. Name one.

Independent polls are showing Rodney way ahead of his possible opponents (including Cooksie) in the next election.[/quote:3e8291dd84]

Name one piece of legislation in the house that the democrats needed ONE vote on.

I'm waiting.

Name one.

If the democrats need his vote, they'll get it.[/quote:3e8291dd84]

That's like asking if you ever got a 7 when you rolled a single die.

+ Reply to Thread