+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECA 26, WM-15

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    RHS is going to become the Power of the STATE AGAIN:

Word on the street is that Coach Chick is coming back. Look out WMHS and ECA!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Will not matter, as I have stated RHS principal initiated the Evangel rule to take place in 2005, so no Ruston will not ever beat ECA again, your principal did.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Will not matter, as I have stated RHS principal initiated the Evangel rule to take place in 2005, so no Ruston will not ever beat ECA again, your principal did.
    Yep, Charles Scriber, who is the former Ruston High principal and now School Board Supt is the one who initiated that action.

Along the same vein, I find it ironic that buddy davis had an opinion and the RDL had an editorial stating that Bicknell should stay, yet not one word about Ruston High firing a coach that was 50-24 and went to the playoffs every year. Just another indication of how hypocritical this town is. And also a sign of how a few people call all the shots.

Ruston is very "clickish. You can literally get away with murder if you have the right last name or know the right people.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    So ole Charlie pulled that off. Wonder what the count was when the proposal came to a vote?? Does anybody out there know? I'll be very surprised to see CC back on the field, but have heard that Shows may come home to mama.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Reeder wasn't fired just for going 50-24. And he wasn't fired just for never beating Evangel or West Monroe and having problems with Neville. The losses to those key opponents combined with bad decisions in adminstering the whole Ruston athletic program as AD did him in.

Reeder tore out part of the track to put in a turf team area on the sidelines, and that turf must be ripped out to restore the regulation soccer field. Before making a move like that, a coach better either be winning BIG or get all of the proper permissions (which didn't happen). Either one separately might not have cost him his job, but both together most certainly did.

Before too many stones are cast regarding recruiting, don't say that public schools (including Ruston) have never recruited players. It just usually isn't nearly as obvious as Evangel has done it recently (like trying to get a QB in from 200 miles away). Something needs to be done, but I'm not sure a simple majority vote of the schools in a classification to allow a school to play up is the right solution.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    It looks like the powers that be would want Evangel to play up in their classification since they have won several championships at that level. There won't be any competition for them at the lower levels. I believe Red Franklin has retired.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    If the rule goes into effect, John Curtis might be forced down to the same class with Evangel (likely 2A). Lots of other 2A schools might want to play up to 3A if the 3A schools will let them.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Evangel has already proposed that if they are bumped down to 2A or 3A in 2005 then they will try to create their own private leagur in Louisiana with the other private schools ie: Catholic of BR, ED White, Vandebilt, Rummel, Jesuit, John Curtis, St. Augustine and so on. They could very well create the top league in the state if they broke off from the LHSAA, and they would also involve schools from Tx, Miss, and Ark. to create a Super region and try to get a yearly NC game played every year for different regions throughout the country.

If you thought recruiting goes on now, wait untill a coach approaches a young kid and says our school is in a league that plays out of state games every year against the best teams in the country and will get your name out their for recruiting purposes for college. Although the schools would not really recuit because the school's reputation for athletics would be so high like ECA's is that the students will just go to the school and enroll, and the LHSAA will be left with the left overs from the state.

Believe me when I say that ECA and the rest of the private schools in the state will have their way in the end. Too much money at stake.

Varsity Bulldog coona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecoona$$tiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    If the rule goes into effect, John Curtis might be forced down to the same class with Evangel (likely 2A). Lots of other 2A schools might want to play up to 3A if the 3A schools will let them.
    A Neville guy I know said some of the J.C. folks were saying last weekend that J.C. was considering merging with a girls school to get the numbers up.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    It looks like the powers that be would want Evangel to play up in their classification since they have won several championships at that level. There won't be any competition for them at the lower levels. I believe Red Franklin has retired.
    actually, Red coached this year.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice
    I think the rule was written poorly. There were 3 rules put up at the LHSAA meeting.
    1. The rule that passed, move up with a majority vote
    2. Being allowed to move up only one class
    3. you must play in your class.

I thought that #2 and #3 were better options, #1 IMO, is open to all kind of legal problems. How can you vote one school in and one school out? I think it could lead to discrimination allegations. If Evangel gets kicked out, and another school is let in, you can not justify your actions by saying just because or I don't like you.

Also, I heard that Evangel might not have to worry about it anymore. word on the street is that they are once again in hot water financially.

Word on the street is that no one really knows what they are talking about, in fact ECA's athletic department contributions are twice this year's as last, even with traveling 6,000 miles this year, they will not be in the red this year.

Do you guys really think that money is an issue at Evangel. I would be willing to say that ECA has more big money folks than Tech does. They are looking at paying off the new multi million dollar worship center at First Assembly in less than 5 years, and anyone who has been there knows what kind of facility it is. ECA is not worried about money, only gives those that want ECA out something juicy to talk about.

That's amazing how much money is poured into that school.

A huge chunk comes from the Tithes from the members of First Assembly of God, tuition payment from students is not the biggest source of income, but most of that income is used for teacher salaries and school functions and such. They also get a huge amount (don't know how much) from the first Assembly national conference. I really don't think the national conference would let anything happen to Denny's church if they ever got into financial difficulty because of what Denny has established in Shreveport, LA and his legacy in ministry in the United States.

+ Reply to Thread