+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECA 26, WM-15

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I guess all you Evangel haters have to wait ONE MORE YEAR! HA.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I'm a semi-WM fan but not an ECA hater. When I saw WM beat Catholic last weekend I thought they would beat ECA. Six turnovers (I believe) by WM. It's hard to beat a bad team with those, but almost impossible against a team like ECA. Congratulations to ECA and good luck in the Dome.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I was more surprised by Hahnville beating carencro 42-21. Hahnville has a good program but I surely did not think things would go the way they did. ECA will have there hands full next weekend.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    If anyone should "hate" ECA it would be we Rummel supporters. They have knocked us out of the playoffs three years in a row now. But, we don't hate Evangel. Personally, I respect and admire their football program and am disappointed they are being forced out of 5A. When Rummel wins a state championship, and we will someday! I want us to do it by beating the best the state has to offer. That usually means having to beat ECA and also West Monroe.

BTW, I just sent a bundle to Rummel's athletic fund. Since I won't be buying Tech season tickets I've decided to support my other love a little more.

That ECA vs Hahnville game should be a good one.

When I was playing, Hahnville was one of the teams that managed to score on us, we beat them 7-6 at their cow pasture they called a stadium, in the state quarterfinals (1974).

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Why is ECA being forced out of 5A?? Moving down to 4A?? Out of the LHSAA?? What gives??

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Evangel has WM's number. I don't know if it is talent or coaching or both, but WM can't beat them. McCallum (the Times) thinks WM is intimidated by Evangel. I don't think that is the case, but just like Fresno has Tech's number, Evangel has WM's. Evangel should not be forced out of 5A....that rule is ridiculous. Now, Evangel will probably end up dropping their program and they were really fun and exciting to watch!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    Why is ECA being forced out of 5A?? Moving down to 4A?? Out of the LHSAA?? What gives??
    TX, Tommy Henry has been catching flack over the ECA and John Curtis thing for years. Last year the LHSAA voted that beginning in '05 (I believe) a school playing up in class would have to be approved by a majority of the schools in that class to remain "up". The general thinking is that ECA is so despised by other 5A schools that they will be voted down. If 4A, 3A, and 2A, do the same they could be playing in 1A. They might as well have named this the "Evangel Rule". The LHSAA is a corrupt system and its own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    Evangel has WM's number. I don't know if it is talent or coaching or both, but WM can't beat them. McCallum (the Times) thinks WM is intimidated by Evangel. I don't think that is the case, but just like Fresno has Tech's number, Evangel has WM's. Evangel should not be forced out of 5A....that rule is ridiculous. Now, Evangel will probably end up dropping their program and they were really fun and exciting to watch!
    Definately not intimidation. McCallum is an idiot! In the past I think it boiled down to raw talent. Look at all state players and division 1 talent. ECA has had much more. This year I think WM matched up well, but as I said in the other post, you can't turn the ball over six times and win games. WM was still in the game last night after suffering four turnovers, the defense did a good job, but one of WM's position players seemed to be out of it. Can't point the blame at one player, but he really didn't play up to par.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    [quote:0eb6d0790a="TXDAWG81"]Why is ECA being forced out of 5A?? Moving down to 4A?? Out of the LHSAA?? What gives??
    TX, Tommy Henry has been catching flack over the ECA and John Curtis thing for years. Last year the LHSAA voted that beginning in '05 (I believe) a school playing up in class would have to be approved by a majority of the schools in that class to remain "up". The general thinking is that ECA is so despised by other 5A schools that they will be voted down. If 4A, 3A, and 2A, do the same they could be playing in 1A. They might as well have named this the "Evangel Rule". The LHSAA is a corrupt system and its own worst enemy.[/quote:0eb6d0790a]

Great!
    ECA has no business playing in LHSAA anyway. I say let the boys play on the school team in whose district they live. Would eliminate the recruiting that obviously goes on.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    [quote:fb2dd1afc7="maddawg"][quote:fb2dd1afc7="TXDAWG81"]Why is ECA being forced out of 5A?? Moving down to 4A?? Out of the LHSAA?? What gives??
    TX, Tommy Henry has been catching flack over the ECA and John Curtis thing for years. Last year the LHSAA voted that beginning in '05 (I believe) a school playing up in class would have to be approved by a majority of the schools in that class to remain "up". The general thinking is that ECA is so despised by other 5A schools that they will be voted down. If 4A, 3A, and 2A, do the same they could be playing in 1A. They might as well have named this the "Evangel Rule". The LHSAA is a corrupt system and its own worst enemy.[/quote:fb2dd1afc7]

Great!
    ECA has no business playing in LHSAA anyway. I say let the boys play on the school team in whose district they live. Would eliminate the recruiting that obviously goes on.[/quote:fb2dd1afc7]

People like you amaze me with your ignorance. ECA, as a private Christian school, has just as much right to play in the LHSAA as all those private Catholic schools in south Louisiana do.

For decades, I watched north Louisiana's public schools lose playoff games to such Catholic schools as Newman of New Orleans, Opelousas Catholic, Notre Dame of Crowley, E.D. White of Thibodeaux, Catholic High of Baton Rouge, etc... and nobody said a damn word. Then, along came John Curtis, a New Orleans school, and there were a few rumblings, but still not many.

But wow, when a NORTH Louisiana school (Evangel) finally started taking all the state championship hardware from the south Louisiana catholic schools, people started squeeling like pigs. Now, since nobody in north Louisiana has had the guts to stand up to the LHSAA on Evangel's behalf, SOUTH Louisiana's Catholic schools have figured out a way to get the state championship hardware back.

The lack of spine in NORTH Louisiana amazes me more every day.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:8a71c64b6d="TXDAWG81"][quote:8a71c64b6d="maddawg"][quote:8a71c64b6d="TXDAWG81"]Why is ECA being forced out of 5A?? Moving down to 4A?? Out of the LHSAA?? What gives??
    TX, Tommy Henry has been catching flack over the ECA and John Curtis thing for years. Last year the LHSAA voted that beginning in '05 (I believe) a school playing up in class would have to be approved by a majority of the schools in that class to remain "up". The general thinking is that ECA is so despised by other 5A schools that they will be voted down. If 4A, 3A, and 2A, do the same they could be playing in 1A. They might as well have named this the "Evangel Rule". The LHSAA is a corrupt system and its own worst enemy.[/quote:8a71c64b6d]

Great!
    ECA has no business playing in LHSAA anyway. I say let the boys play on the school team in whose district they live. Would eliminate the recruiting that obviously goes on.[/quote:8a71c64b6d]

People like you amaze me with your ignorance. ECA, as a private Christian school, has just as much right to play in the LHSAA as all those private Catholic schools in south Louisiana do.

For decades, I watched north Louisiana's public schools lose playoff games to such Catholic schools as Newman of New Orleans, Opelousas Catholic, Notre Dame of Crowley, E.D. White of Thibodeaux, Catholic High of Baton Rouge, etc... and nobody said a damn word. Then, along came John Curtis, a New Orleans school, and there were a few rumblings, but still not many.

But wow, when a NORTH Louisiana school (Evangel) finally started taking all the state championship hardware from the south Louisiana catholic schools, people started squeeling like pigs. Now, since nobody in north Louisiana has had the guts to stand up to the LHSAA on Evangel's behalf, SOUTH Louisiana's Catholic schools have figured out a way to get the state championship hardware back.

The lack of spine in NORTH Louisiana amazes me more every day.

HD[/quote:8a71c64b6d]

HD,

I am a native of North LA. Played for the Ruston Bearcats in the mid 70's. I take issue with letting any private school participate in the LHSAA. I know with the abundance of catholic schools in So. LA that may be impossible, but something should be done to level the field a bit. ECA's problem is they were a little too blatant with the recruiting of top flight athletes. A victim of their own success you might say.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Well, I can say with certainty that Rummel does not recruit athletes. Well, in fact, Rummel does not recruit anyone, they don't have to. Every year about 1,000 young men try to get into the school but they usually accept about 400. It is based strictly on academics, the results of an entrance exam, and the family's ability to pay the high tuition fees.

Now, the coaches do conduct camps in most of the sports where junior high kids attend. This is meant as a fundraiser and gives them a chance to showcase the school. Of course if some kid stands out and appears to be great athlete the coach will encourage him to apply to Rummel. But, that's it. After that, no one connected to the athletic department participates in the selection of the 400 incoming freshmen.

I am 99% certain that same policy is in place at most of the other private Catholic schools in the area. There have been violations that have gotten schools put on probation, caused teams to forfeit games, and in one case, got a coach fired. But, you know, there are always some people that think rules don't apply to them.

Evangel's approach is totally different. That's fine. As I've already said, I think ECA should remain in 5A.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    For decades, I watched north Louisiana's public schools lose playoff games to such Catholic schools as Newman of New Orleans ...
    I know this thread is a few days old, but I had to chuckle at this. Though officially non-sectarian, everybody knows that Newman is a Jewish school. :lol:

But your point stands, HD. Louisiana does NOT need double standards for public and private schools, nor for North & South LA.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Having grown up in the Big Easy, I was enjoying that one as well. HogDawg doesn't miss one like that often, if ever, but I was waiting for somebody else to point it out! :wink:

Please don't read my posts that close. ops:

Funny thing is that the 2005 "Evangel Rule' that may or may not take place was started by your own Ruston HS principal.

What kind of message do you send to your kids if you say, your not good enough to play them so we will institute a new rule that prevents Evangel from playing us.

I think all of the administration in Ruston (RHS and LaTech) got together and thought of ways to really let the student athletes that they were behind them all the way, and want the best for their schools,.

+ Reply to Thread