+ Reply to Thread

Thread: down by 16

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    and at least two inches short at every position

We are longer a legit top 10 program

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    You are wrong faninmonroe. Sorry, but most teams are not as big and talented as Tennessee. This is early and we will get better. We played them tough. The year is much bigger than this game.

We will drop out of the top 10, though, but not for long.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    It seemed to me the real problem was our stretch from mid-way in the 1st half until there was about 4 mins left when we shot a whopping 10 of 40. That's 25% folks from the floor! Hello!

You won't beat many teams, and certainly no elite teams, shooting like that.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    That kind of shooting happens to us in every big game. I am with FIM on this one and until we make another F4 or beat a top team again I will continue to think this way. We just aren't elite anymore until proven otherwise.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "and at least two inches short at every position

We are longer a legit top 10 program"

That is the kind of comment I would expect ONLY from a flamer who is not connected with Tech. If someone said that to you, FaninMonroe, I would expect you to threaten the person with bodily harm, not to say it yourself!

"You won't beat many teams, and certainly no elite teams, shooting like that."
    Your comment, 80, is factual. It is obviously true. Flamers don't bother with facts.
    What was the final score? I would appreciate knowing that fact, also.
    How many teams have beaten Tennessee at Knoxville since NCAA WBB began? I suspect Tech has done it more than most and will do it more than most in the future.
    The Techsters were clearly better than when they played UT last season. And the rest of that season wasn't shabby! Let's skip the negative public statements about our teams and discuss facts and offer suggestions if there are some available for supporting our WBB.
    Thanks, Champ110, for pointing out another obvious fact. Tennessee is ranked third because they are tall and talented.
    This is an exciting Techster team. I wish I could see them in action.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    It seemed to me the real problem was our stretch from mid-way in the 1st half until there was about 4 mins left when we shot a whopping 10 of 40. That's 25% folks from the floor! Hello!

You won't beat many teams, and certainly no elite teams, shooting like that.
    The problem has been the SAME for the last 5 years: The Lady Techsters don't have any PURE SHOOTERS!!!! I'm talking about a shooter that can knock down a 15-footer AT WILL!

The Lady Techsters have to struggle too much to score. That crap won't cut it against a team like Tennessee that's bigger than us at every position. We can't play the low post physical game against a Tennessee or a UCONN because we don't have the size. Therefore we MUST rely in our SHOOTERS to knock down the outside shots. And that ain't happening.

And for God's sake Aubunique, would you please quit calling everybody a flamer that doesn't tote the company line like you? I think you are getting too old and too senile to post. This board is for OPINIONS, so lighten up.

HD

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think you are right, HogDawg. Of course, even pure shooters like Betty Lennox went cold. You never knew when that was going to happen. We really played well in the first half and then just went cold in the second. Even easy shots didn't fall. Cold spells can be made up in easy games, but not against a top team on their home court.

Penn State is really scary right now. We are going to have to be really on to beat them. If their size (I haven't seen what their strengths are yet) is their strength, we are in trouble.

Who knows, we might match up with them really well.

One thing that everyone should remember about the Tenn/Tech matchup each year. We have beaten Tenn. in regular season and they have come back to win the National Championship. They have beaten us in regular season only for us to come back and win the National Championship.

This game is to tell us where we are in our progress. We play for March, not for December.

We will continue to improve, as long as we don't have a melt down. We have done that before too. I don't think that is going to happen with these players. We have true competitors on this team.

Now for the GOOD things about yesterday. AMISHA CARTER! She is the real deal. She matched up with Shyra Ely (much bigger Sr. Post Player) and scored the same amount of points. She improves every game and has a lot of composure.

Lakiste Barkus - she sparked the run that put us up 26-20 in the first half. If she is on for the whole game, we are in great shape.

A-Ray - What a COMPETITOR! That injury was in the last 2 minutes and she was working hard and sacrificing herself to compete. Great Job!

Amber and Erica continue to be the leadership on this team. Even though Amber didn't score well, she is the backbone of this defense and does all the little things to make it work. I keep forgetting that we have another year with Erica - I feel relieved everytime I think of that. That is great for our program next year.

Tasha Crain doesn't have the shot, but she is the quickest pg in the country hands down right now. She sparks this team and keeps the pace going.

GREAT JOB TECHSTERS! Bring on Arkansas Little Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should be good and angry. Take it out on them!!!

Also, don't forget that we had come back from 16 down and cut it to just an 11 point deficit when Tasha Crain was injured and left the game for good. Tasha presents a unique quickness that helps tremendously on our defense. Who knows what could have happened. The game really got out of control at that point. I think we would have cut it to single digits. We probably would have still lost the game, but it would have been MUCH closer with her in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110

Also, don't forget that we had come back from 16 down and cut it to just an 11 point deficit when Tasha Crain was injured and left the game for good. Tasha presents a unique quickness that helps tremendously on our defense. Who knows what could have happened. The game really got out of control at that point. I think we would have cut it to single digits. We probably would have still lost the game, but it would have been MUCH closer with her in.
    Champ: What happened to Crain?

Sounds like we had allot of injuries yesterday. Did the referrees let the game get out of control? Are we TOUGH enough???

HD

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    And for God's sake Aubunique, would you please quit calling everybody a flamer that doesn't tote the company line like you? I think you are getting too old and too senile to post. This board is for OPINIONS, so lighten up.

HD

Obviously, I like facts more than I like opinions. I did not call anyone a flamer in this thread. I said that the negative comment someone made was the sort of comment I would expect ONLY from a flamer.
    If I didnt know the person posting is a Tech fan and supporter, I would have assumed that post was from a flamer.
    I don't "Tote the company line." I believe that people can improve and KNOW that players working as a team can often exceed expectations and excel beyond past performance.
    It is nearly 11 a.m. and I am sitting here feeling old because it is early in my day and I haven't warmed up enough to play ball but before this day (Monday is the second day of my weekend off work) I hope to go shoot hoops at the youth center or maybe exercise on weight machines at the senior citizens' center.
    My attitude is youthful. Senility would be evidenced by accepting and predicting failure and refusing to try to win!

We did have a lot of injuries yesterday. It was a rough game. Tasha went out with what was believed to be a mild concussion. She didn't pass out, but was down for a long period of time with trainers hovered over her. She was hussling and got an elbow, I believe, but I can't remember exactly how it happened.

Erica Smith-Boyd, also, went down once after being jabbed in the eye.

This team gave their ALL yesterday. They were tough and were not giving up.

We could have competed stonger with Crain in the game. The combo of Crain and Barkus was paying off. It is difficult to stop those two. Barkus lit it up in the first half, but when she went into the pg position to relieve Crain, she went cold.

Every player counts!

+ Reply to Thread