+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game film

I didn't get to make the Rice game, although I had planned on going. Do any of you know a way I can get a copy of the game film? I heard it was a clinic on option football, but I'd like to see how a team can give up 672 yards rushing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    It was not a clinic on option football. While Rice does a nice job of executing and they are well coached by Hatfield et al, it was more a case of a nonexistant Tech defense.

And, unless you are masochistic you should avoid watching that film.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    A 'clinic' implies the presence of an instructor and an understudy (or perhaps a doctor and a sick patient <-a more accurate description of the Rice game using the term 'clinic').

There was no 'understudy'- just a bunch of people who didn't want to be there, much less engage in physical exertion.

Watch a tape of any of these games for similarity- '01 vs Clemson, '02 vs Fresno St, '02 vs Rice, '02 vs SMU, '03 vs Tulsa. Very depressing stuff if you truly care.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflo
    I didn't get to make the Rice game, although I had planned on going. Do any of you know a way I can get a copy of the game film? I heard it was a clinic on option football, but I'd like to see how a team can give up 672 yards rushing.
    Just ask Coach Bicknell for a copy....he doesn't have time to fix anything right now....he is out buyiung christmas presents with his fat contract from La.tech.....I bet he is real frustrated with the long lines at the mall

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    All it was, was the same two plays run over and over to either side. If you would just watch two or three plays, you could get the picture for the entire game.

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar
    :shock: WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT A COPY OF THAT FILM. WITH ANY LUCK, THEY HAVE ALL BEEN DESTROYED. I HEARD BOB LEVY WAS GOING TO HAVE THE FILM DECLARED OBSCENE. EVEN HE PREFERS NAKED TO BAD FOOTBALL. :wink:
    GC

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Greg, email or PM a report on your folks.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpcoach
    :shock: WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT A COPY OF THAT FILM. WITH ANY LUCK, THEY HAVE ALL BEEN DESTROYED. I HEARD BOB LEVY WAS GOING TO HAVE THE FILM DECLARED OBSCENE. EVEN HE PREFERS NAKED TO BAD FOOTBALL. :wink:
    GC
    Actually, I think that fits within the Ruston/Tech family of acceptable community standards. In Ruston that film would not be considered obscene, but it would be in Baton Rouge, Oxford, Fayetteville, Tuscaloosa, Norman, Hattiesburg, Reno, Lincoln.........

Puppy rustonnite is an unknown
    good post glm 47
    damn good post!!!

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    i agree with gimpcoach -- who in their right mind would want a film of that -- it was bad enough listening to it

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Aw, you guys are being a little hard on ole JBIII. That 672
    is a record that will never be broken. From now on our defense
    will never have to worry about playing the worst game in Tech history. It kind of
    takes the pressure off of next year's team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    will never have to worry about playing the worst game in Tech history. It kind of
    Maybe the Defense should be made to wear a BLACK armband with 672 until they perform like a true DAWG defense ops: . Well, at least if we had played another game after RICE I would have slapped one on their butts. Thank goodness the misery was over!

Come to think of it, I might make the "D" that played (and Coach Bates/D Coaches), in that turdbowl of a game, wear a black armband with 672 through the 2004 spring game as a motivator to NEVER shame themselves and our great university like that ever again. They would have to earn the right to remove them from their arm. Then again, I could be wrong.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    You're joking right? As long as Bicknell is here 1,000 yards allowed is not out of the question.

If you think this program has hit rock bottom yet, you are mistaken. Remember, Bicknell got a "vote of confidence." It's bad folks, from the top to the bottom, it is bad.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    D80,

I'm very much joking. Tech has now put the stamp of
    approval on being the worst team possible. And JBIII
    is just the man to lead us there.

+ Reply to Thread