+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bestest DAWGGONE post ever - thanks GLM & Champ967

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Lyrics courtesy of GLM47 & Champ967

To the tune of Jack & Diane by Johnny Cougar Mellencamp

"A little ditty about Jack and Dan, two American men who don't have a plan. Jack pretends he's a football guy, Dan does very little, just enough to get by."

"Oh yea life goes on, long after the thrill of winning is gone."

Another losing season; fan support begins to freeze.
    Jack’s over at Dan’s house, beggin' on his knees:
    “Cmon Dan! Just one more chance PLEASE!
    It aint my fault! ... It's those internet geeks!”

Oh yeah, life goes on!
    Long after the thrill of winning is gone.
    Oh yeah, life goes on!
    But how much longer till Jack is gone?

Let it suck! Let it mold!
    Let the Sun Belt come and save my soul!
    Hold to '01 as long as you can!
    Change is comin round real soon, and we'll play ulm
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Glad yall enjoyed it. I gotta give props to GLM, though. It was his premise, and it just inspired me. 4 edits later and we had a classic.

One of our students needs to take these lyrics down to the sound booth at KLPI and cut a single. It could be freakin HUGE!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That was AWESOME! I love it!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Glad yall enjoyed it. I gotta give props to GLM, though. It was his premise, and it just inspired me. 4 edits later and we had a classic.

One of our students needs to take these lyrics down to the sound booth at KLPI and cut a single. It could be freakin HUGE!
    Your lyrics are awesome. It has been a long time since I laughed that hard. And I'll help foot the bill for the single cause it would be a hoot.

Bulldog LA_MERC_LaTech is an unknown
    OMG! That's one of the best songs I have ever heard! That has Grammy written all over it! Or, if not a Grammy, at least a Bulldog

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    THIRD VERSE!

Jacks sits back to collect his thoughts for a moment.
    Remembers those days when he used to snap at BC.
    "Ya know there Dan, we oughtta do something $h!++y ...
    I think I got it! Why not just fire the DC!"

(This final verse was brought to you by this evening's stand-still traffic on I-30.)

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar
    Jack claps his hands,
    Pumps his fist for a moment.
    Sees Rice's running game and
    Drops a lump in his jeans.

Dan says, "Hey Jack,
    You'd better improve on '03."
    Jack says, "Who cares Dan,
    you can't afford to pay for me."

Oh yeah, life goes on..
    Long after my days in Ruston are gone.

Oh yeah, life goes on...
    Cause I hiked the ball to Flutie, when he threw that bomb.

We can't block,
    We won't Bowl
    Let's hope the SunBelt
    Doesn't steal our soul

Our game plans suck
    And we're losin' our fans
    But, I fired Rick Smith,
    So, I can spoil you again.

--- or ---

Get TCU movin'
    As fast as you can
    Then fire me
    So, you'll start winnin' again.

A little ditty
    'bout Jack and Dan
    Two American men who have
    No athletic plan.

FANTASTIC STRAY! I defer to Stray in all future songwriting endeavors.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar
    No way man. This is fun, but you and GLM deserve the credit.

I think a lot of people saw the name of this thread and got that tune in their heads, I'm just glad GLM got the ball rolling.

+ Reply to Thread