+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Coach - Gone with the Wind ...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    that swept through Choudrant.

Greg Hearn has accpeted a position with Squire Creek. Tech lost a very, very good one.

Varsity Bulldog TIGGERHATER is an unknown
    Women's, right?

Do not understand why Tech does not have a men's team.

If it had a swim team, my son would have attended Tech. He swam for COSST and got a scholarship from OBU.

And Tech with a natatorium that would rate with some of the best in the country. Better than loser state u's for sure.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGGERHATER
    And Tech with a natatorium that would rate with some of the best in the country. Better than loser state u's for sure.
    I've heard a lot of rumors about the nat being the reason we don't have a swin team. I think it's supposed to be like 10 cm short of regulation and the cost for renovation would be too large for it to be practical... Just a rumor though. I also seem to remember a rumor about a shooting range in the underbelly of memorial gym :lol:

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    The swimming pool was supposed to meet olympic specifications when it was built in the late 60's.

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown
    10cm here, 10cm there, close enough right?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    10 cm=4 inches.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough
    If it had a swim team, my son would have attended Tech. He swam for COSST and got a scholarship from OBU.
    I had quite a few friends that swam for COSST. Do you know any Williams, Cope's or Duval's?

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    10 cm=4 inches.
    Actually its 3.94 inches if ya wanna get technical

DJ

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    10 cm=4 inches.
    It's actually 10.16cm=4inches.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog TIGGERHATER is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1001
    I had quite a few friends that swam for COSST. Do you know any Williams, Cope's or Duval's?
    I recognize the Duval name. I think they had at least 3 kids on the COSST team. The Cope name is familiar too.

One has to be the epitome of patience (and be easily entertained) to be a swim kid's parent. Unlkess you have a clan like the Duvals, you get to see your kid swim about 4 times in an 8-hour swim meet. And if you have to go to the restroom, you'll probably miss one of those four events.

But - all you jocks, pay attention - a male swimmer is a chick magnet.

They're constantly surrounded by their sleek, female teammates, while they're having to fight off the the female judges and concessionaires.

My son married one of his former OBU teammates last year.

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough
    Any remote chance that the university is creating a place to move JBIII. Perhaps he would make a fine tennis coach as he is obviously not a football coach.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    There was a rifle range in the underbelly of memorial a long time ago. The ex head of Health and exercise sciences was at Tech when it was there.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog29
    Any remote chance that the university is creating a place to move JBIII. Perhaps he would make a fine tennis coach as he is obviously not a football coach.
    That's a hell of an idea. But I don't think his contract will allow it.

Ok, I am a former Techster tennis player and I would like to respond to the forum regarding the tennis team. First, Coach Hearn is a wonderful coach, who has worked very hard to raise money and help the tennis team in the short time that he has been here. He is an outstanding coach and Tech was very lucky to get him. On the rumor of if he is leaving the program, there has been no offical announcement from the athletic office so it is still classified as a "rumor". Secondly, please do not insult the past and present members of the tennis team by even suggesting that the athletic department should "make a place" for the football coach by moving him to another coaching position in another sport. I understand that most of you feel that tennis is not a significant sport, however the girls that represent Tech on the team are extremely talented and work very hard. Many of the girls on the team chose to play for Tech over other major universities and they deserve the same respect as other sports. I urge you to attend one of there spring matches this season, and I am sure you will be impressed by their determination and talent. Thank you for you time..

PS: no men's swim team for several reasons: one big one, Title 9...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    It's not a rumor. Both Greg Hearn and Jim Oakes have told me personally.

Everything else you say, of course, I agree with totally. In my opinion, if you do something do it right.

+ Reply to Thread