+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Someone Please POST "THE LETTER" .......

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    ...that was sent out to many current and former season ticket holders.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all
    Letter... what letter? I'm interested too!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Initially, a lot of folks were quick to jump on the bandwagon to say they got 'the letter'. However, when the qualifications for the mailing list became known, most are now too embarrassed to admit they received a copy!

TD
    ~~

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieDawg
    Letter... what letter? I'm interested too!
    It was a letter to former champs members who did not donate to champs in 2003 to see if they wanted to make a donation before the end of the year. In other words, a second chance.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    Initially, a lot of folks were quick to jump on the bandwagon to say they got 'the letter'. However, when the qualifications for the mailing list became known, most are now too embarrassed to admit they received a copy!

TD
    ~~
    No Ross, I'm not embarrassed. I stopped my Champs donations in mid 2003 because it was apparent to me that we weren't committed to having a legitimate 1-A program. And frankly I haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.

It seems to be business as usual to me. Scheduling Tennessee, Miami and Auburn on the road to balance the budget is not the answer I'm looking for.

Getting in Conf USA will help. I think it will create some regional rivalries which will help attendance and recruiting and generate more interest in the program. But look around the country at what other schools are doing and you will see that we are still living in the dark ages. There is absolutely no excuse for some of the things we do which have been well documented on this board and I just got tired of wasting my money. I still give plenty of money to Tech though because I have a son that is a student there.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    .......... when the qualifications for the mailing list became known, most are now too embarrassed to admit they received a copy!

TD
    ~~
    Generalizations are a good way to miss-represent facts. I got the letter, and no, I'm not embarrassed. I get letters all the time. They seldom effect what I do, or how I do it.
    Tyler hit the nail on the head. Not everybody chooses to give directly to CHAMPS. Many loyal fans and alumni do the best they can, and don't do it to be seen. Sorry you choose to belittle the widow's mite. By the way, she wasn't embarrassed either.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Still no copy posted on this board..........?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Ronnie posted his e-mail address for anyone who wants a copy of the letter sent to him. I didn't request one and I don't want to see one posted publicly on this board. Email Ronny for your copy, if you want one, but don't post it here.
    Anyone who is withholding money at this point is making a serious mistake. Follow through on your committment to Tech and you can DEMAND the same of others in good conscience.

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Ronnie posted his e-mail address for anyone who wants a copy of the letter sent to him. I didn't request one and I don't want to see one posted publicly on this board. Email Ronny for your copy, if you want one, but don't post it here.
    Anyone who is withholding money at this point is making a serious mistake. Follow through on your committment to Tech and you can DEMAND the same of others in good conscience.
    NO, it is the administration that is making a serious mistake. You are lucky I am not at home and am being forced to resort to dial up so I won't be posting much, or I would be reminding everyone how ignorant you are every two hours.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Aub, when I first started reading your message I thought you were going to say that if we kept giving to Tech that we'd be able to demand that our administration made reasonable adjustments to our football leadership. No, that's certainly not what happened. I'm not going to demand others donate 'cuz I generally try not to flush my money down the toilet either - and that's exactly what I'd be doing right now. I wouldn't be giving anything more at this time of year anyway, and I did donate this year....2004 its not going to happen unless and until there's a change.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

TD
    ~~
    I got the letter and I'm not a bit embarrased. I quit my Champs donations after last season, and decided to give in other ways. I am a "BB&B Loyalty Donor" and have been since the inception. I also give directly to the school.

This is my way of protesting sending money to a bottomless pit, and not getting anything in return. I will gladly start back my Champs donations when things change at the Ivory Tower in regards to athletics. Whey they decide to invest in the department wisely with facilities upgdrades, etc., I will probably double my former Champs gift. However, there has to be announced projects and not more fluff and BS.

You can continue to give blindly if you wish, but this is my way of mildly protesting what they have or haven't done with my generous donations of the past.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    i didnt give this year to champs. i said i would post the letter and i tried once, but i am not up on this whole scanner deal.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I got a letter and am not embarassed either. I was holding off until the end of the year after I receive my year end bonus. I was hoping to give a little more this year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I stand by my reply to Ronny's post, about the letter, in the General Sports Forum. Obviously, I am not embarrassed I received the letter. I fact, if I didn't know better in my heart of hearts, I think he worded his post the way he did, for just that reason. However, I think he is doing a great job with the with what little is provide. We just need 10 more like Ronny. I still do not think the ADM appreciates those of us that might "only" spend $500-$3,000, in a bad year, on our DAWGS! Great posts above guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:b156d9b4c4="dollardog"]I would like to clear up some misinformation about the letter that you have mentioned. This letter was the athletic department's year end letter to those who have not given this year but have given in the three previous years. Due to the events of the last few weeks we felt that we should address some of the issues. This was not an attempt to address all the issues but simply to express what was going on and to solicit year end gifts. If you did not receive a letter please email me at rwalker@latechalumni.org and I will be glad to send you one. As always we appreciate the loyal support of Bulldog fans and look forward to seeing you at some of our upcoming games and events.
    Tylertechsas wrote:

I appreciate your posting here tonight. I don't think I recall any post on BB&B that has faulted you in this yearend mess. I know that I do not. I have seen and have heard that you work your butt off for our DAWGS. Thank you for all of your hard work! However, that being said, I do not know what your definition of "giving" is Ronny but maybe you might want to rephrase that statement a tad. I would venture to say that quite a few of us are probably insulted :evil: to hear that buying season tickets, giving to Champs (even though it might have been via BB&B), buying programs, buying jerseys and trinkets from our booths and concessions, gas and hotels in Ruston, stupid airhorns, and most of all giving of our time on the weekends to travel and watch our DAWGS play WAS NOT GIVING FOR 2003!!! GIVE ME A BREAK! We all knew something wasn't right in 2002 but stuck it out for 2003 and maybe didn't "give" as much as usual this year. Then the same basic crap (pardon me) happened again this year but this time it was worse! Nuff said! Actually, I better quit typing before I lose it!

Like I said, thanks for posting and again I don't think you will find any fans on BB&B blaming you. We are the base of your HARD-CORE DAWG FANS, along with the BOP (some post here as well), and I know you know that is true. Please keep posting! However, only five posts is not enough to have the desired influence, with this group of DAWG fans, that would probably benefit TECH greatly! Have a great holiday season. [/quote:b156d9b4c4]

+ Reply to Thread