+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything in The Times Fish Wrapper???????

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    i've looked all over the Times web site and I find absolutely nothing about the Techsters big win yesterday. Did see a lot of super hype crap about lsu. Did I miss it because I was so pissed about all the lsu hype?

Guess I shouldn't be surprized. Do those idiots not know that a significantpart of their potential readership are Tech folk????

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Blame Gannett again. The Times would not have had a writer in person at the game Sunday, so the game story run in today's edition was likely the AP version. Most all of the stories linked online are those written by the Times or Gannett staff and are not wire service stories.

It is bad webmastering not to have some story online, even if it is just the AP's. Don't blame the Times sports staff for lack of web content that is out of their control--blame the webpage staff.

Any print edition readers want to verify the source of today's game story?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Frisco, why would the Times not pull from info the News-Star gathered? They do it all the time on Beder's stories. It should be as simple as requesting an email.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    I noticed the same thing. Where is Jimmy Watson with the GOOD NEWS about Louisiana Tech? Surely he can turn on the radio and listen to 107.5 or watch on the internet stream or copy the Monroe paper's story.

There were 2-3 articles in the Shreveport 'behind the Times' about Alana Beard walking on air and beating the crap out of NSU. Not a single sentence about the nation's #12 team from N. Louisiana upsetting #6 on the road.

Sad, very sad.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    The game story currently on the News-Star webpage looks like a story written by Tech sports information--it does not have a byline or source identified. It is definitely not the AP story posted here on the board.

From what I have seen since the Times and News-Star webpages were set up in their current format, the News-Star's webpage usually looks as if it has closer to the full content of the print edition than the Times webpage does. Again that is the the responsibility (or fault) of the Times webmaster.

I didn't see it, but the Times could have had the Tech game story in its wire story section when it was fresh news late Sunday afternoon. The wire service content rotates as newer stories come in, so the Tech game story is not on the site now even though it might have been earlier.

Just in the last few minutes, two bylined stories that will apparently be in Tuesday's print edition have been posted on the Times site.

Jimmy Watson writes about the memorable weekend (Duke's game in Bossier City and Tech's win)
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/html/...858B71BA.shtml

Scott Beder (this one is likely also in the News-Star) writes about the Techsters earning respect
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/html/...BC3561DC.shtml

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    The Times is such a crappy newspaper. You got a major college like an hour away and the damn newspaper rather cover stuff about a college thats 4-5 hours away. The Times need to do a full coverage spread each football game Tech has (like here in Little Rock, you get a in depth coverage of razorback sports, sick of the Hogs..but hey, UA got their stuff together by having the Gazette printing their schools sports in their newspaper; great publicity for their sports program. Good way to advertise games also.) In order to win the Shreve market we need the support of the Times. Yeah they give us a couple of good articles here and there...but I would like to see a full spread like they do here in Ark (3-4 pages dedicated to that college football week)

I know there are guys at the Times who write positive things about Tech, but the newspaper does an overall poor job in helping promoting our schools sports program.

What are you guys thoughts about the Times? I see potential for Tech to grow in that market if they would help us.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    The Times is such a crappy newspaper. You got a major college like an hour away and the damn newspaper rather cover stuff about a college thats 4-5 hours away. The Times need to do a full coverage spread each football game Tech has (like here in Little Rock, you get a in depth coverage of razorback sports, sick of the Hogs..but hey, UA got their stuff together by having the Gazette printing their schools sports in their newspaper; great publicity for their sports program. Good way to advertise games also.) In order to win the Shreve market we need the support of the Times. Yeah they give us a couple of good articles here and there...but I would like to see a full spread like they do here in Ark (3-4 pages dedicated to that college football week)

I know there are guys at the Times who write positive things about Tech, but the newspaper does an overall poor job in helping promoting our schools sports program.

What are you guys thoughts about the Times? I see potential for Tech to grow in that market if they would help us.
    I agree, but it will never happen. Shreveport is about as short sighted as our administration. For the life of me I cannot understand how they cannot see the benefit in pumping Tech up as much as possible. Shreveport stands to gain tremendously from Tech doing well in athletics but we continue to be treated like we are a bunch of illegal aliens or something.

Shreveport dreams of the big-time which they will never be.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Curious that Watson didn't mention Penn State's 26-point crushing of a ranked LSU in his article. Trying to sweep that under the rug, Jimmy? Don't want to shock the puke purple and diarhea yellow crowd, do ya!

Oh no, no way could any other school in this state trump the almighty LSpoo in anything. Nope. That's why, in their dream world, the state's media has declared the last WBB game ever played was the Sweet 16 game last year.

Oh, unless it happens to be Duke, then of course Channel 3 will continue to show highlights of Duke while not even mentioning a Techster score. It happened when the Techsters beat Southern or Tulane recently. That's right, showed Duke and that Beard person and did NOT even say, "oh by the way, the Lady Techsters won tonite." Nothing!

Little wonder Shreveport is a national joke and ranked somewhere around 350th as a sports' town.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Exactly, Dawg80

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Does anyone know of a way to send this entire thread to the Times????

+ Reply to Thread