+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 79-67 UAB wins

(Millsap hit a 3 at the buzzer)

2nd half is the key for our game. We went on a 20-2 run to start the 2nd half.

14 steals and 23 forced turnovers for UAB but our FT shooting was horrible!!

You guys ran out of timeouts with 15 min left in the game.

Good luck rest of the season. Maybe we'll see you in CUSA in 2005.

Puppy ArkDawgg is an unknown ArkDawgg's Avatar
    Were you at the game?

No, I live in St. Louis and can only make it to weekend games.

I was listening on yahoo radio and had UAB's gametracker going.

You guys shot pretty good from the FT line. That was the big difference in the 1st half.

Powell started KILLING us in the 2nd half but then he quickly fouled out trying to keep up w/ our guards and forwards.

I bet we turned it over alot huh?

UAB had 14 steals, 23 forced turnovers, 6 blocks, and 17 assists. Also scored 24 pts from those turnovers.

BUT WE SHOT 12-26 FROM THE FREAKIN' LINE!

sounds like a sloppy game

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    IT was a POORLY played game. Too many turnovers. We do have talent, BUT no point guard and we played right in UAB hands tonight. I left right before Milsap made his 3.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Richard might want to start searching the intramural leagues for a point guard. Anytime I hear stuff like, "It was a one run game.", it reminds me of how close we are to being a decent team. I believe we are one position shy. Richard has not recruited that position, so he bears the responsibility. I'm really ticked about this matter because I wrote KR a letter a couple years back concerning a very good point guard in Shreveport. That kid earned a scholarship at Tulsa and is starting to get playing time. Sometimes, I wish he would put on a clinic when TU comes to Ruston so that Richard would "get it" about our team.

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Do we stand a chance against Montevallo this weekend?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Can't disagree boxerdog. Sometimes when the opponent gets on a 6-0 to 8-0 run you MUST be able to rely on the "coach on the floor" to set up decent shot attempts or make plays to get a scorer to the free throw line to stop the bleeding. Two timeous--Tech's last two--were used in a futile effort to stop UAB's 18-0 run. Tech was pretty much out of the game with 10 minutes left down 17 after that UAB run just like it was never really in the second half in Fayetteville after Arkansas' run to end the first half.

I also think not having that type of player on the floor is likely preventing Tech from being able to make consistent scoring runs of its own of more than a couple of baskets at a time against better teams. I hope I'm wrong, but this trend could end up being the difference between something like a 12-6 WAC record and something more like 7-11.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Never thought I'd see it on this forum, actual critiquing of KR's coaching( from others besides me). Wow! Ya mean the fact that he has passion and works hard is not enough to overcome opponents' 20-2 runs? Imagine that.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    Can't disagree boxerdog. Sometimes when the opponent gets on a 6-0 to 8-0 run you MUST be able to rely on the "coach on the floor" to set up decent shot attempts or make plays to get a scorer to the free throw line to stop the bleeding. Two timeous--Tech's last two--were used in a futile effort to stop UAB's 18-0 run. Tech was pretty much out of the game with 10 minutes left down 17 after that UAB run just like it was never really in the second half in Fayetteville after Arkansas' run to end the first half.

I also think not having that type of player on the floor is likely preventing Tech from being able to make consistent scoring runs of its own of more than a couple of baskets at a time against better teams. I hope I'm wrong, but this trend could end up being the difference between something like a 12-6 WAC record and something more like 7-11.
    Man, at this point, I would be surprised if we win more than 4 WAC games. If we play the way we have so far this year we are going to have a very poor record.

+ Reply to Thread