+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All I want for Christmas is.............

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    .......a CUSA invite for Louisiana Tech.

Just get it done, and get it done now!

HD

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Did you watch the BSU/TCU game tonight? I watched without really listening to the announcers. Did they say anything much about the potential move?

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    I just knew I would come home after the UAB basketball game to get some good news

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Did you watch the BSU/TCU game tonight? I watched without really listening to the announcers. Did they say anything much about the potential move?
    I only caught the 2nd half, and it wasn't mentioned.

HD

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Nothing was said about the MWC that I heard. I didn't really expect anything to be said once I found out that the Saturday night primetime ESPN crew (Franklin and Gottfried) was doing the game. They usually don't bring in as much outside fluff as some of the other ESPN crews do.

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Latest fairly reliabe word I get from my UH connections is that La Tech is #3 on CUSA's list. Something about yall not bring any market to make up for UL and UC's departure for the Big East.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    What! ya mean that Ruston, population 20K, is not enough to make up for the combined pops of Louisville and Cincy!?

Jeesh, some folks are never satisfied.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    PlumGreen,

Let me guess...North Texas is #1 on that list? Also, please let me continue to speculate that this is because of (1) the large DFW market and (2)North Texas plays regularly in the NO bowl. Granted, your college is located in a large metroplex and you have had some success on the football field in the past 3? years. My "fairly reliable sources" say UNT is #8 on CUSA's list but a push is being made to climb to #4.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    My guess is that the decision has already been made (and was made months ago). The USM AD said the school would be from a state that already has a CUSA school in it. From that statement, only Tech, UNT, and UTEP are in the race. UTEP is too far, UNT does not have a solid overall athletic program, which leaves Tech as the best possible addition to CUSA based on geography and total athletic programs. The only question now is "will TCU leave."

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    ... UTEP is too far, UNT does not have a solid overall athletic program, which leaves Tech as the best possible addition to CUSA based on geography and total athletic programs. The only question now is "will TCU leave."
    There you go again, T_Won. Using logic again. Maybe if we start spreading the rumor that we're in, :twisted: the CUSA folks will finally see the light :idea: and make it a reality!

TD
    ~~

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    Latest fairly reliabe word I get from my UH connections is that La Tech is #3 on CUSA's list. Something about yall not bring any market to make up for UL and UC's departure for the Big East.
    There you go again Beef---posting under another name again!!! How many screennames do you use? I know that at one time you boasted of posting under 4 different names. There must be at least 6 now.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    We are probably number 3 on HOUSTON's list, but that does not by any means put us at number 3 on the CUSA list.

As far as fan support goes, no we dont' travel well to Boise, Idaho or San Jose, California. But, this year, we took 10,000 people to Baton Rouge (could have taken more if more tickets had been alloted), so why wouldn't we travel well to New Orleans, Memphis, Hattiesburg, Dallas, etc.

UNT is in a bigger market than La. Tech, but it is a market they share with current CUSA-elect members SMU. Why get UNT when you already have SMU, Tulsa?

We are third to the other schools you mentioned in budget, but all things considered, I believe Tech is the front-runner.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    My guess is that the decision has already been made (and was made months ago). The USM AD said the school would be from a state that already has a CUSA school in it. From that statement, only Tech, UNT, and UTEP are in the race. UTEP is too far, UNT does not have a solid overall athletic program, which leaves Tech as the best possible addition to CUSA based on geography and total athletic programs. The only question now is "will TCU leave."
    You are absolutely correct. Do NOT listen to PlummDumb.

HD

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg
    [quote:b7af6d765c="PlummMeanGreen"]Latest fairly reliabe word I get from my UH connections is that La Tech is #3 on CUSA's list. Something about yall not bring any market to make up for UL and UC's departure for the Big East.
    We are probably number 3 on HOUSTON's list, but that does not by any means put us at number 3 on the CUSA list.

As far as fan support goes, no we dont' travel well to Boise, Idaho or San Jose, California. But, this year, we took 10,000 people to Baton Rouge (could have taken more if more tickets had been alloted), so why wouldn't we travel well to New Orleans, Memphis, Hattiesburg, Dallas, etc.

UNT is in a bigger market than La. Tech, but it is a market they share with current CUSA-elect members SMU. Why get UNT when you already have SMU, Tulsa?

We are third to the other schools you mentioned in budget, but all things considered, I believe Tech is the front-runner.[/quote:b7af6d765c]

StrayDawg, did that 10,000 figure come from our ticket sales at TECH? I only ask because I bought 10 tickets from a freind in Baton Rouge and I know he went to LSU to purchase them. Infact, I know of several people who were pulling for TECH that actually purchased tickets through LSU. I saw most of the TECH people in the endzone but there a bunch sitting in the nose bleed with me, infact, there were many more TECH folks than LSU fans where I was located....for the 1st half anyway. Incidentally, sad but true we had a lot of folks in blue in the 1st half that were wearing yellow and lavender during the 2nd half...this I personally witnessed. It was sickening, even the true LSU fans were making comments about it.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar
    Dawg78,

I think a lot of Tech fans wound up going through the ticket office in Baton Rouge. Tech was alloted something like 4 or 5 thousand tickets. We sold all of those and got more for a total of 7K. That was all they would send us, but every estimate I heard (including several on BR radio stations that day) said that Tech was responsible for selling 10K tickets and they expected a lot of us there.

Merry Christmas.

+ Reply to Thread