+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All I want for Christmas is.............

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Yeah, Tech fans showed up in BR, but no Tech team did.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Funny how Tech fans will show up to an LSU game in BR, but they will not drive to Ruston for one. Does that count include those supposed Tech fans that went to the game in purple and gold, probably should add a couple thou to the figure.

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:1e04bdc732="T_Won"]My guess is that the decision has already been made (and was made months ago). The USM AD said the school would be from a state that already has a CUSA school in it. From that statement, only Tech, UNT, and UTEP are in the race. UTEP is too far, UNT does not have a solid overall athletic program, which leaves Tech as the best possible addition to CUSA based on geography and total athletic programs. The only question now is "will TCU leave."
    You are absolutely correct. Do NOT listen to PlummDumb.

HD[/quote:1e04bdc732]

I know you are but what am I?

Just reporting what I heard from my UH connections, HogDawg. Does that make someone, uh, dumb?

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    UNT is in a bigger market than La. Tech, but it is a market they share with current CUSA-elect members SMU. Why get UNT when you already have SMU, Tulsa?

We are third to the other schools you mentioned in budget, but all things considered, I believe Tech is the front-runner.[/quote]
    #########################################

So why did CUSA ever bring in SMU when they had TCU in the Metroplex and that before all the MWC talk with TCU even began? SMU has not felt so good about TCU since they were brought into CUSA and almost immediately afterwards, TCU was looking to go elsewhere.

Apparently, 2 CUSA members in the Metroplex was something that Banowsky and CUSA presidents saw as a positive and also an opportunity to get a larger slice of the pie of the 5.2 million populated DFW market which is dominated by the Big 12 as well as alums from UT and TAMU. UNT has more DFW alums than UT and TAMU added together.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    UNT is in a bigger market than La. Tech, but it is a market they share with current CUSA-elect members SMU. Why get UNT when you already have SMU, Tulsa?

We are third to the other schools you mentioned in budget, but all things considered, I believe Tech is the front-runner.
    #########################################

So why did CUSA ever bring in SMU when they had TCU in the Metroplex and that before all the MWC talk with TCU even began? SMU has not felt so good about TCU since they were brought into CUSA and almost immediately afterwards, TCU was looking to go elsewhere.

Apparently, 2 CUSA members in the Metroplex was something that Banowsky and CUSA presidents saw as a positive and also an opportunity to get a larger slice of the pie of the 5.2 million populated DFW market which is dominated by the Big 12 as well as alums from UT and TAMU. UNT has more DFW alums than UT and TAMU added together.[/quote]

Put the crack pipe down dude. CUSA has known for sometime that TCU was looking to bolt. And as far as UNT having more alums than UT and TAMU combined in DFW, I knew DFW was big but my gosh I didn't realize that garbage collection was that big an industry there.

UNT ain't going anywhere so head on back to your double-wide and adjust the rabbit ears on that balck and white set of yours.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    CUSA has known for sometime that TCU was looking to bolt. And as far as UNT having more alums than UT and TAMU combined in DFW, I knew DFW was big but my gosh I didn't realize that garbage collection was that big an industry there.

UNT ain't going anywhere so head on back to your double-wide and adjust the rabbit ears on that balck and white set of yours.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    PlummDumb just confirmed what I already told you guys: UNT is an urban "degree factory", one level above a trade school. That's why people like PlummDumb always brag about the size of their schools enrollment and its alumni base. There's absolutely nothing academically for PlummDumb to brag about, and QUALITY academics are clearly secondary to QUANTITY of students at UNT.

UNT is the academic equivalent of a "mail order" degree. Don't worry, CUSA hasn't stooped that low. At least not yet.

HD

I am sure all those in Texas & beyond who have their under-grad & post grad degrees from UNT would disagree with most of the smack on this board. In fact, most would totally ignore it with laughter.

One very noticeable trait from many on this message board is that when you all hear something that you (in your heart of hearts) think may be pretty accurate info or the truth, some of you respond with "junior high'sh" name-calling.

When the name-calling begins is evidently a clear sign that the truth has slipped up on some of you and relegated some of you to a primitive form of non communication called, well, uh, name-calling; you know, that lower form of communication some of you developed at your local middle schools but didn't leave it behind when you became adults?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute
    Name calling? Did you say name calling?!

Be so kind as to help me with this. For instance, if I said, "In the land of mental giants, I can not decide if plummmeangreen is a midget or a dwarf. Neither are blessed with stature. But while dwarfs often have an endearing attitude, midgets are just short! Maybe he's a midget dwarf."

Would that be an example of name calling or a statement of pretty accurate info?

THE TRUTH? YALL CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH but yall can dip down to what yall do best on this board and that is what your 8 year olds at home do best, ie, "I know you are but what am I?" LOL!

The great thing about being a Texan is that we over-shadow anything anyone from Louisiana could or would attempt to do.

A midget would tower over most from the Pelican state!

Texas gives the USA LBJ, George H. Bush and George W. Bush and what does Louisiana give? How about Huey Long--the pride of Louisiana!!! LOL!

If TCU leaves CUSA and it comes down to UNT and La Tech, a visit to both campuses will swing the membership to the Lone Star state. It's a no-brainer.

<>*<> In fact, SMU is not objecting to any overtures UNT might be making toward CUSA and that's a fact, Jack. As a new CUSA member, they are not endorsing any school and that comes from a most reliable source in Dallas.

CUSA sorta' likes having 2 members in the Metroplex and has no problem with that near as much as those from Louisiana Tech do. Sure they would prefer it be TCU but the MWC seems to have other plans for the Horned Frogs.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    I am sure all those in Texas & beyond who have their under-grad & post grad degrees from UNT would disagree with most of the smack on this board. In fact, most would totally ignore it with laughter.
    No doubt.
    They wouldn't even come to this board. SOOOOOO? What does that say? - no taste

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    ...............The great thing about being a Texan is that we over-shadow anything anyone from Louisiana could or would attempt to do. .........
    Yea? Make a Gumbo!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    <>*<> In fact, SMU is not objecting to any overtures UNT might be making toward CUSA and that's a fact, Jack. As a new CUSA member, they are not endorsing any school and that comes from a most reliable source in Dallas.

CUSA sorta' likes having 2 members in the Metroplex and has no problem with that near as much as those from Louisiana Tech do. Sure they would prefer it be TCU but the MWC seems to have other plans for the Horned Frogs.
    Gee, you've got it all figured out, don't you? All these wonderful sources in Dallas, at SMU, in CUSA and the MWC AND at the University of Houston! Don't tell me...you have antlers and a buddy named Rocky, right?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Texas gives the USA LBJ, George H. Bush and George W. Bush and what does Louisiana give? How about Huey Long--the pride of Louisiana!!! LOL!

8O I can not believe somebody from Texas would put LBJ in that list. He was the Edwin Edwards of Texas with a little more class and just a tad better at hiding his evil deeds :lol: :P .

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:38e53f2922="PlummMeanGreen"] Texas gives the USA LBJ, George H. Bush and George W. Bush and what does Louisiana give? How about Huey Long--the pride of Louisiana!!! LOL!

8O I can not believe somebody from Texas would put LBJ in that list. He was the Edwin Edwards of Texas with a little more class and just a tad better at hiding his evil deeds :lol: :P .[/quote:38e53f2922]
    .................................................. .................................................. .....

LBJ's Civil Rights bill was hardly what I would call an evil deed, but we know some of you in the Deep South haven't yet received the news of that "LBJ signed" bill.

LBJ inherited the Viet Nam war and had JFK loyalists in his cabinet such as Robert S. McNamara, Dean Rusk and others giving him bad advice on this war.

Go visit the LBJ Presidential Library near Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium on the University of Texas campus and then see if you want to compare LBJ to your Edwin Edwards.

+ Reply to Thread