+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Comeback, Duke!!!

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    Duke got up off the floor (down 20 in the first half) and beat UConn on the road with a 3 at the buzzer.

Sorry, Geno.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't like either of those teams at all, but that was SWEET! I watched until UConn went up 34-14 and then stopped for a while. Tuned back in with a few minutes left for the BIG comeback and win.

Also, Duke exposed UConn's weakness. Full court pressure did the trick. That is our best talent. Good news for us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I hate both UCONN and Duke, but I think I hate UCONN more. So, great job. Didn't see the game. Just glad Diana Big Nose T. LOST on the home floor, hah!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Such a shame that ConnU couldn't break that tie with Tennessee for most straight "home" wins with 69. Of course now I guess we'll hear how many straight games the Huskies have won on campus at Gampel Pavilion (46) since the Duke loss was at the Hartford Civic Center.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Alana (the turncoat) was shut down in the first half, but came alive and made Diana Rat Dog Taurasi look like a high school player.

IF South Carolina would come alive and beat overrated Minnisota now (on TV now), we could move up higher in the polls. They are #6. Purdue (#7) lost to Penn State. Looks like Minnisota might get the win, though. They are up 10 at the half.

We need to DEMOLISH Tulsa. Started out good with a Erica Smith 3 pointer first play. :-)

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Probably better for Tech if IMO not so overrated Minnesota (one of the four remaining unbeatens with an SoS a good bit better than Tech's) wins out except against Penn State to push the Lady Lions as high in RPI as possible.

Looks like Minn. got it. It was close to a not so great South Carolina team.

South Carolina was only 11 spots behind Tech in RPI at #46 starting today.

I don't really go by RPI. I know that it is used and that is why it is important, but it is not indicative of how good a team is at all. It is a very loose association. Where was Penn State, the Techsters, and Tulsa? South Carolina is not that good. Minnisota looked decent but definitely not a top 10 team. In fact, I think it is a stretch that they are top 20 in quality. However, they play a decent schedule.

Our problem is scheduling decent teams - not the top 5, but decently good teams. We tried this year with Mississippi State, Tulane, SFA, Penn. State, and Tenn. However, only two of those turned out to be as good as we expected.

Oh well, we will never have the greatest RPI as long as we are in this conference. If we get in CUSA, it will help it some.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Always a great day when Geno and UConn go down.

RPI was a pretty good indicatior of how good Tulsa is--at least at home. Tulsa was at #65 in RPI going into today, easily second best of the WAC teams. Tulsa's RPI and opponents' schedule strength will help Tech's RPI in both areas--if only 3-4 more WAC teams could do likewise. We'll have to see how far Tech goes up from #35--the change in Tech's winning percentage alone from .8750 to .8889 would have almost put Tech at #32 on today's list.

I only care about the polls on weeks like this coming one. Will the five-year #1 domination by Connecticut, Tennessee, and Duke be broken by Texas Tech if it wins at home over Pepperdine tomorrow?

Will the five-year #1 domination by Connecticut, Tennessee, and Duke be broken by Texas Tech if it wins at home over Pepperdine tomorrow?
    I think TT will definitely be #1 come tomorrow. Pepperdine shouldn't present any problem for them. I don't know if TT has ever been #1 in a regular season poll. Even the year they won the NC, I don't think they achieved that during the year. I could be wrong about that, though.

I suspect it will be:

Texas Tech
    Duke
    Texas
    UConn
    Tennessee

We should come in at #7 I suspect. Minn. will be #6. We have to take care of business in the WAC. If we do that, I think we will end the season around #4 or 5. TT won't last long at #1 and UConn will probably take that spot again before the season is over.

A lot depends on who wins the UConn/Tenn. game in Feb.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Illinois plays Miss State today on national TV (CBS). Since we've beaten both of them, it doesn't matter who wins today, just that each starts winning more down the stretch. I wonder if CBS will even mention the fact that Tech has beaten both.

Notice how Tech is no longer included in the national TV line-ups. How did CBS arrive at the idea of investing time and money into the Ill-MSU game today? Easy...it's Big 10 vs SEC. Therefore, each must be better than a school from the WAC, little ole Tech.

No doubt about it, the Techsters need to find their way back to the Final 4 this year. Of course, we have to start making layups and free throws if we expect to win anything.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    A lot depends on who wins the UConn/Tenn. game in Feb.
    I would hate to be a Tenn. fan after the loss UConn had yesterday. As much as I dislike it, they are a great team and should bouch back better than before. They will not be as cocky now.

Do they play at Tenn. or UConn this year? If it is at Tenn., I wouldn't count the Vols out at all.

+ Reply to Thread