+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Sugar Bowl observations:

Soonerdawg,

I have no problem condemning those actions you talked of consider them condemned. The anoucement about the Beer bottles was made after a call went against OU and a beer bottle came flying from above. I didn't see who threw it but I would think it was an OU fan. You describe a large minority of LSU fans who do horrible things. I just don't see that. I see a very select few out of many who go over the edge. But i have more of a problem with statements like this:

ul-br breeds the sort of person that has no dignity, no self-respect, and no regard for others.

This is not a statement about a few or athletics. It refers to anyone connected with LSU as a whole. That would include you as an LSU graduate. Just as you talked of me not condeming the actions of LSU you should be condeming talk like this as you are an example of why this statement is false. I also heard OU fans talking about how much fun they had and how most were treated well. I wish all felt this way and from your description some probably did not, but I saw nothing bad happen and I was in the OU section with many other LSU fans. One more thing why is refering to LSU as ul-br considered a put down. Tech is in the University of Louisiana System. I don't think that is a bad thing, but this comments seems to say it is. I don't understand why it is made.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    The ABC announcers were talking about the beer bottles flying towards them after the game. They were coming from lsu fans. You could see the cops behind them looking up in the rafters at the perps. Why would they be throwing them at the announcers? Do lsu fans hate little Bowden because he used to coach at Auburn?

Anyway, after the game, the Shreveport station did a live telecast outside the stadium. An OU fan came by and flipped off the camera. The TV guy then said, "well, at least lsu fans win with class."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Make no mistake; an LSU fan threw the bottle. My wife and I both saw it. What is incredible about the whole thing is that the second bottle came from the same section. After the first fan was hauled out, I can't figure out if the second idiot was drunk or just an idiot.

True, there are a lot of LSU haters on this board. But, for you to compare someone calling LSU, "LSU-br" is anywhere near as much of a lack of class as peeing in the hand-washing trough and getting a bunch of laughs is absurd.

I don’t have a problem with a little trash talking, although that is not my style, and I discourage my children in participating in such behavior. I realize that many people enjoy that sort of thing, and it is sure not my right to condemn it. Although I think “Tiger Bait” is silly, there is nothing inherently wrong with it. It certainly doesn’t bother the opposing fans. It just makes them giggle a little. I actually like the L – S – U cheer, and LSU has a great band that leads the crowds in great cheers. However, just like “Tiger bait” is silly, “LSU-br” is silly. However, its not wrong, its just a jab. It certainly doesn’t hurt me when it’s said. I can’t imagine why it bothers you so.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaState
    ul-br breeds the sort of person that has no dignity, no self-respect, and no regard for others.

This is not a statement about a few or athletics. It refers to anyone connected with LSU as a whole.
    And a "TECH SUCKS" banner hanging on a B.R. restaurant is, of course, not a reflection on Tech athletics nor anyone connected to Tech.

The reason people in La. hates ul-br is because ALL lsuseless fans are collectively pompous, condescending, and arrogant toward fans of other La. universities.

In N. La media, Tech fans specifically have been told that they should support ul-br at all costs because it is not only the "state school" but because it is the only athletic program that will "succeed on a regular basis".

Southern Miss, FSU, Miami, etc., didn't listen to that crap in their states and Tech fans won't buy that in La. Those schools concentrated on being recognized on a national level and then let the big state school start begging them for a ride on their coat tails.

The same thing will happen in La.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Hey Sooner,

You forgot to tell them about the t.v. station down here I told you about. Remember the story I told you about the "Tailgating with the Tigers" in which that group of people rented the "Boogie Bus". They were laughing about having mooned all the Oklahoma fans on the way down. This was a guy in a button down shirt. Not someone you would consider as being uneducated, etc...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    LSU football fans worry that Blanco will be pro UL_Lafayette since her husband is in the administration there.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Hey Sooner,

You forgot to tell them about the t.v. station down here I told you about. Remember the story I told you about the "Tailgating with the Tigers" in which that group of people rented the "Boogie Bus". They were laughing about having mooned all the Oklahoma fans on the way down. This was a guy in a button down shirt. Not someone you would consider as being uneducated, etc...
    I was hoping you would tell them about that. It is an unbelievable story in that they were bragging about middle-aged men mooning ladies. However, I wanted to stick with what I saw with my own eyes to prevent anyone from claiming what I described didn't happen.

Bulldog CaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around here CaptFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    The ABC announcers were talking about the beer bottles flying towards them after the game. They were coming from lsu fans. You could see the cops behind them looking up in the rafters at the perps. Why would they be throwing them at the announcers? Do lsu fans hate little Bowden because he used to coach at Auburn?

Anyway, after the game, the Shreveport station did a live telecast outside the stadium. An OU fan came by and flipped off the camera. The TV guy then said, "well, at least lsu fans win with class."
    I was sitting about 2 sections from where the bottles came from and I assure you the people throwing them were wearing crimson and cream. Their own fans pointed the idiots out and they were thrown out of the Dome. The announcers got it wrong.

Soonerdawg, you saw LSU fans doing it also. So be it. All schools have idiots, and that is just the way it is.

I spend alot of time of this forum and on TigerForums.com. I hate having to defend Tech fans against people like the one called Eleven over there. His only posts are "Tech and its fans are gay" Please don't fall into the same trap and attack personally. That is uncalled for.

I have degrees from both LSU and Tech and am veryproud of both schools. Lets try and keep in cival.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFun
    All schools have idiots, and that is just the way it is.

I have degrees from both LSU and Tech and am very proud of both schools. Lets try and keep in cival [sic].
    I have no doubt that all schools have idiots, it's just that some have more than others.

I too graduated from both Tech and LSU. As alumni, we have to be proud, if not in awe, of what LSU did on the field. However, I am totally embarrassed at how LSU fans acted before, during and after the game. I have no doubt that out of 20,000 to 25,000 OU fans in New Orleans, you would find a few bad apples. The LSU incidents were not isolated, though, and I can’t believe that you don’t join me, as a fellow alumnus, in condemning this horrendous and frequent disgusting behavior by the LSU fans.

Bulldog CaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around here CaptFun's Avatar
    I condenm the few who do do it, and not the entire fan base.

Also, don't you think there were more than 25,000 OU fans there? from my seat in the crows nest, the dome looked 60-40 @ best

I give up. I'm tired of this thread. I hesitated to even post on this subject, because this is a Tech board. Rarely do I post on either OU or LSU, but I thought some might like to hear observations for someone who was there.

If you are happy with the way the LSU fan base acts, then so be it. I just choose to have a little pride.

Respond if you wish, because I'm not reading any more of this thread.

I like LSU and Tech
    I got a LSU sticker and flag on my truck

and a Tech front plate, back plate, parking tag, and sticker

They are both great schools

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    this is hilarious...LSU wins the national championship and everyone is still coming up w/ anything to bash LSU. Of course it was crazy in New Orleans...of course people were drunk...of course people acted stupid. Would a drunk person from NLU or Tech be likely to piss in the sink? YES! THEY'RE DRUNK...that's the point, they have no idea what they are doing cause they are drunk. do you condemn all the south LA'ers because they do Mardi Gras? I've never seen it on this board...

Congrats to LSU...they are head and shoulders above Tech in football...and a lot of other things as well...but certainly not engineering...

i also have a tech sticker and an LSU sticker on my truck...<GASP!>

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    oh, and the reason LSU fans were flippin the bird at bowden is because they do hate him. He yacked about how USC was so much better than LSU or OU.

Bulldog JohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the ears
    Forgive me if this appears twice.

On the whole USC, OU, LSU thing:

I think it's a shame for LSU that K State pounded OU after OU had been told they'd be in the national championship game regardless of what happened. Up until the K State game some of the same media that now think USC is the greatest thing since sliced bread were talking about OU possibly being the greatest college football team of all time. As it is OU still finished ahead of USC in scoring offense, scoring defense, and total defense while finishing just a hair (439 to 448) behind the Trojans in total offense.

Those of you who haven't read it yet should read Skip Bayless' column at http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/mer...ss/7635977.htm

In it, he talks about how, when OU was still 12-0 and looking invincible, he called 3 NFL scouts who had evaluated both LSU and USC to ask who would be the tougher matchup for the Sooners. He was surprised to find that all three said LSU would be. They said LSU was a faster team with a better secondary and played in a more physical conference.

He also asked them about Michigan, and all three said the Wolverines were not in the same class as USC, OU, and LSU.

Unless he was just lying about what the pro scouts said, I think there was a disconnect between dominant media perception and reality vis a vis LSU and USC. I doubt if most in the media realized LSU had more team speed than USC, etc.

I heard Bayless later on radio discussing his comments and he mentioned that he'd watched USC many times this year and concluded their secondary was "torchable." I looked up the NCAA stats and found support for that statement: USC finished 110th among 117 IA teams in pass defense. He talked about how USC was able to cover up that weakness against Michigan by blitzing because Michigan's QB has no mobility.

I know there's a lot of dislike for LSU on the part of fans of Louisiana's other IA schools but I'd love to see LSU and USC play in order to see if the same people who were so sure about OU before K State would learn something about jumping from that bandwagon onto the Trojans'. USC's offense would be facing a unit that finished #1 in both total and scoring defense. It would, for the first time this season, find itself to be the slower team. Meanwhile, it would be risking much if it tried to protect its weak secondary by blitzing a very mobile quarterback who hit 64 percent of his passes this season and throws well on the run.

I wouldn't mind seeing OU play USC either. The Sooners still had a top notch defense with a lot of speed and talent. As would be the case with LSU, USC would find itself in the unfamiliar position of being the slower team. USC doesn't have the running game K State does, and OU's strength on offense...its passing game...would be matched against that weak USC pass defense. White isn't mobile like Mauk, to be sure, so maybe USC could still get away with blitzing like it did against Michigan. But it'd be interesting.

People tend to get big impressions from single remarkable games, like the one between OU and K State, but watching football over the years should teach people you can't read to much into one game. The Denver/Indianapolis game two weeks prior to the end of the NFL regular season is an example. Indianapolis was totally dominated...getting only 11 first downs and 183 total yards while losing 31-17. Good Denver game plan? Just a bad day for the Colts? Who knows?

What we do know is that just two weeks later the same two teams played in the same stadium and Indy rolled up around 470 yards while pounding the Broncos 41-10. The offense that had a horrible day against Denver just a few weeks ago has played so well after the regular season that the Colts have YET to punt during the playoffs!

Anyway, it could very well be that OU just had a very bad day...after being told it was going to be in the national championship game regardless...against K State then just ran into a very good team in LSU. LSU could very well have been playing a better team than USC, but the Tigers won't get the credit for it even if it's true because OU had its bad day against a very good K State squad while USC had its bad day against what is, by BCS standards, a mediocre Cal team.

Just remember, at least according to those pro scouts Bayless talked to, USC never played anybody like either LSU OR Oklahoma this season. Keep that in mind when you're being impressed by how pretty they looked on TV.

+ Reply to Thread