+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCU Anouncement

KHOU TV in Houston just stated that there will be a "major anouncement from TCU Land today". So couuld the rumors be true?

:?: :?:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Apparently not........... I am beginning to think that TCU has a plan to announce they are going to the MWC on the night before their first football game in the conference this next year. They simply won't show up for the first CUSA game scheduled instead heading out West to play a MWC team. When asked why they didn't show up, the answer will be "Oh, we didn't tell you??????? We are so sorry, we thought that you knew."

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The wait is indeed frustrating.

I think we will all know something this upcoming week

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    LOL, HERDfan..... Sorry, but we have heard that over and over. I will be like Dwayne now and just wait till I hear something for real.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    The following is from the TCU board. The poster claims to have inside info. Believe or ignore however you choose.

Conference Expansion, Why Jan. 10th was a bust.
    TennisFrog
    First a little history:
    When I first posted in late Dec. that the deal was done and the announcement was Jan. 10th, I probably should have worded it differently. I should have said the "the decision has been made," details still to be worked out and the announcement would be Jan. 10th. Obviously, if the deal were done, we would already know it by now. At the time Jan. 10th was a good date. As of the beginning of last week, two major sticking points had not been resolved to TCU's satisfaction.

They are:
    Sticking Point #1. Bowl Game Dates. The bowls that MWC has slots for may conflict with our final exam dates. This should put to rest those that think TCU ducked out of Mobile. This university is serous about academics and finals. I have no idea what influence a conference or one school has over bowl dates so that is for someone else on this board with more knowledge about conference power structure than I have to post.

Sticking Point #2. Game Times In Pacific Time Zone. This would be games involving SDSU and UNLV. This has to do with, among other things, TV broadcast times, newspaper deadlines, etc. In other words, TCU wants it's fans to be able to read about Saturday's games in the Sunday papers, not Monday's.

There may be other minor details still to be worked out, but I'm not privy to them and I don't really care. As for the major ones, I figured they could still be worked out by the end of the week so I didn't post anything. Obviously they were not and Jan. 10th came and went. I posted in Jan. that the announced date could change but that the deal wouldn't. The date of announcement doesn't matter anyway. We are going to MWC. For all I know, this stuff could be done and a statement made tomorrow.

Another point, for those of you worrying about TCU betting the ranch on this or giving up too much etc., I can assure you that TCU is calling more of the shots on this than you think. The MWC REALLY wants us.

Boise State. They haven't made up their mind yet. But if they are thinking about it, they must already have an informal invite. In any event, what they do will not effect our entry as Boise and TCU were never a "package deal" anyway.

We might as well sit back and wait for the announcement. It's coming.

If I find anything else of substance, I'll post it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't blame TCU for the delays now. They can't announce their acceptance of an invitation until the invitation has been formally made by the MWC.

My sense is that the MWC plans to invite TCU, but they haven't made a final decision on what other school(s)--if any--to invite at the same time. Hopefully some serious discussions are happening in Nashville and we may know something within the next couple of days.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    We all hope to hear something this week.

We all hope to hear something this week.
    Now, don't lie Aub. You know that in the last 2 months we have hoped to hear something in the next 20 minutes. lol

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Actually, part of the TCU fan's post above makes alot of sense.

I NEVER understood why the WAC allowed games on the west coast (and Hawaii) to be played/broadcast on Saturday NIGHT! That's rediculous, because --as the TCU poster pointed out-- the game scores don't hit the press until Monday.

Sounds like TCU is pretty smart about this. If TCU plays an MWC game in San Diego against SDSU, the Frogs want it to be an AFTERNOON game so the highlights hit ESPN sportcenter that night and the game scores get reported in the eastern press on Sunday morning.

On the other hand, the MWC "bowl issue" and how it relates to TCU academics appears to be simple "posturing" in order to give TCU the appearance of "academics first".

HD

+ Reply to Thread