+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: C-USA A No Go

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    The seven or fewer Sun Belt I-A schools (if that happens) may still have access to a New Orleans Bowl bid as at-large teams if they contract the bowl together as a group, but just not directly through the Sun Belt. And any school still classified as I-A but on a probation year for failing to meet I-A requirements the year before will probably be ineligible for bowl selection.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    The seven or fewer Sun Belt I-A schools (if that happens) may still have access to a New Orleans Bowl bid as at-large teams if they contract the bowl together as a group, but just not directly through the Sun Belt. And any school still classified as I-A but on a probation year for failing to meet I-A requirements the year before will probably be ineligible for bowl selection.
    Wow. Nice work guys (arkstfan & FriscoDawg). However, I think the advantage goes to FriscoDawg.

Bottom line: If the Sunbelt doesn't have 8 all sports teams in 2005, they WILL lose their conference's automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl because they will not be in compliance with the NCAA's requirements.

HD

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice
    The Sun Belt will still have the right to contract. Dream all you want of the Belt losing that contract, it won't happen.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Just win and ...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    LET's CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD! It was started by a FLAMER anyway!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkstfan
    The Sun Belt will still have the right to contract. Dream all you want of the Belt losing that contract, it won't happen.
    I guess you don't understand the the NCAA must SANCTION the New Orleans Bowl just like they do everybody else's bowl. The NCAA won't SANCTION the N.O. Bowl if the bowl has a contract with a conference (SBC) not in compliance with Div 1A standards.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:4d2187dca5="arkstfan"]The Sun Belt will still have the right to contract. Dream all you want of the Belt losing that contract, it won't happen.
    I guess you don't understand the the NCAA must SANCTION the New Orleans Bowl just like they do everybody else's bowl. The NCAA won't SANCTION the N.O. Bowl if the bowl has a contract with a conference (SBC) not in compliance with Div 1A standards.

HD[/quote:4d2187dca5]

How would that be any different from the old Liberty Bowl alliance of the pre-CUSA days?

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

HD
    I suggest you take a look at the NCAA's rules, conference affiliation is not even one of the factors that the NCAA looks at recertifying bowls. Failing to recertify the New Orleans Bowl because the Sun Belt didn't have 8 members would be yet another anti-trust lawsuit lost by the NCAA. Except this one would be lost on summary judgement for failing to follow their own rules.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkstfan
    [quote:777a69e03d="HogDawg"]

HD
    I suggest you take a look at the NCAA's rules, conference affiliation is not even one of the factors that the NCAA looks at recertifying bowls. Failing to recertify the New Orleans Bowl because the Sun Belt didn't have 8 members would be yet another anti-trust lawsuit lost by the NCAA. Except this one would be lost on summary judgement for failing to follow their own rules.[/quote:777a69e03d]

You need to keep doing the lawyering at the drugstore...you're not real good elsewhere!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

We don't practice law in drugstores here, must be something ya'll do down there but even an idiot ought to realize that you can't do financial harm to an organization for failing to meet a rule that doesn't exist.

Puppy VS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really nice
    How would that be any different from the old Liberty Bowl alliance of the pre-CUSA days?

There is no difference. What arkstate says is absolutely correct.

Better not post your break-out of the c-usa votes by school on this board, ark state (although I think you're incorrect on a couple of schools re their position on La Tech-some will vote yea)

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Just win and this too shall pass.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by VS

There is no difference. What arkstate says is absolutely correct.
    I have never stated that a bowl-eligible I-A Sun Belt team could not receive a bowl bid if the Sun Belt falls below eight I-A members. My points of contention have been what entity could contract for a bowl bid and how that bid could be classified.

Arkstfan has consistently posted that any bowl contract would still be in place between the New Orleans Bowl and the Sun Belt Conference to award an automatic bid to the SBC champion even if the conference is no longer classified in Division I-A. An automatic Division I-A bowl bid CANNOT be awarded to a champion from a non-Division I-A conference. A bowl bid can't be considered automatic unless that bid will be awarded under all circumstances, including failing to finish with a winning record. Only champions from I-A conferences recognized by the NCAA have that guarantee.

A "New Orleans Bowl Alliance" consisting of the Division I-A Sun Belt members could be formed. That group of schools could contract to receive an at-large bowl bid to be awarded IF any of the included teams become bowl-eligible. No automatic bid could be awarded since the "champion" of that group would be not be a recognized Division I-A conference champion with less than eight qualified I-A schools. If all of the seven or fewer included teams ever failed to meet the "deserving winning team" criteria, no waiver such as North Texas received in 2001 could be granted to permit the "champion" to accept a bowl bid with a non-winning I-A record.

Any "New Orleans Bowl Alliance" would NOT be considered the Sun Belt Conference. And any resulting contracted bowl bid would not be any more automatic than the contracted bowl bids for the #8 SEC team and #8 Big 12 team that were not filled by those conferences this past bowl season. Those are the differences that arkstfan and apparently several others are pretending don't exist.

+ Reply to Thread