+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C-USA A No Go

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Memphis' agenda is to improve their basketball competition.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The Truth could tell us his name and sources. Anonymous is seldom a friend.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    CHC,

What rock have you been under.... Neinas' dad is Chuck, the main advisor, lobbyist for CUSA... You been drinking to much!!

No, I have NEVER been accused of being a "flamer"!!! Only a true, powder blue, TECHSTER FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and BD28!!!!

Go Girls Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne, please don't be so condesending in your jousts about the Techsters, in your other threads... They were a MAJOR reason why we got in the WAC and will put us over the top if we get in CUSA!!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Yes, I have!! :roll3:

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Yes, I have!! :roll3:
    Way to go CHC.

Don't let anyone make you ashamed that you imbibe a little too much on occasion.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    Dwayne, please don't be so condesending in your jousts about the Techsters, in your other threads... They were a MAJOR reason why we got in the WAC and will put us over the top if we get in CUSA!!!
    Me condescending about the Techsters?

WAR! Shan Moore...

I blame everything on lack of sleep.... :wink:

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game
    For the record, our administration is pursuing the conference usa bid with everthing they have....I would dare say that Jim Oakes is doing everything possible to get us there and Dan Reneau is fully supportive as well.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    How are Neinas and CUSA related????
    Michael,

The athletic council meets thursday at 3:30 or 4pm to interview the DC position. The reason it is taken so long I heard is that we may have to hire the Neinas kid from Temple in order to get his dad pushing tech toward CUSA. I may be wrong on this but that is what I have heard. If we don't get him, kaufman will be hired.

Like I said....Thursday night or Friday morning we should know more about Tech athletics.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    It sounds like there is a lot of politicing going on. I'm sure the whole administration is just "frustrated".

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Dan Reneau is fully supportive as well. --Insider

He must believe that CUSA is a step up for the Techster program.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Whether one goes by "the_truth" or "theinsider" or any other presumptive moniker, I think it ill-advised to post auspicious information without factual evidence.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    Dan Reneau is fully supportive as well.
    No offense. I don't believe it.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    So exactly how many votes do we have to have to get in? Is it a majority vote, or do all 11 schools have to vote yes? Also, do Rice, Tulsa, and SMU get to vote?

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice
    Memphis' agenda is to improve their basketball competition.
    Yep and the talk is that Memphis rates Temple #1 and UTEP #2 on their wish list.

From what I've gathered, Temple would have the easiest time gaining approval, with Southern Miss being the only "iffy" vote. The rest of the eastern schools would leap at them. Marshall due to proximity. UAB due to basketball, UCF and ECU because they believe a Northeastern market presence is essential for them.

The western schools like the TV market and would only have to travel out every other year thanks to the divisions.

Personally I would be shocked if Temple joins. Hoops drives the bus there and the new CUSA is a step down and loses old rivalries.

UTEP is the great mystery. Memphis, UAB, Tulsa, Rice, SMU, Houston, and Tulane are all supposedly supportive if Temple isn't on board. Southern Miss would likely not object strongly. I understand the logic at Memphis, UAB and even Houston but not from SMU, Rice and Tulane. By contrast Marshall, ECU and UCF have no reason to support UTEP.

There is some thinking that UTEP may emerge as the compromise candidate at MWC. A few months ago the consensus was that UTEP was #5 of the five WAC schools they were looking at.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    ArkStFan wrote: "UTEP is the great mystery. Memphis, UAB, Tulsa, Rice, SMU, Houston, and Tulane are all supposedly supportive if Temple isn't on board.."

We have been assured that several of those schools you list would vote Tech No. 1. I take it you are saying that is contradictory to what your sources tell you?

+ Reply to Thread