+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need to get off our @ss Dan

Hybrid View

This is my first post ever. I am a student right now and I make all the games I can and I dearly love this unversity hell the alma mater chokes me up. I am the first in my family to go to college. I just wanted to say that we have to get things moving at TECH if we want to get into CUSA. One thing we all need to do is get on the CUSA board I believe there is link to it on a post in this section. We need to tell those folks what TECH has to offer. Right now it seems like many on that board would rather see UTEP or Toledo in CUSA than us. They think we are small time and small minded. We aren't but our administration is. I have already posted over there under LA TECH ENGR. I hope the post is well recieved. The other thing we got to do is market ourselves like BamaDawg has been saying we got to sell ourselves to not only North LA but now CUSA. This is where you "internet guys" can do a lot of good. Call JO tell him how important this is to you as alumni and supporters of the athletics program. I have faith that JO is really on the ball, but telling him how we feel is always a good idea. I will say finally that on campus there are two kinds of fans those who are Blue and Red for life and those who aren't. I think membership in CUSA would help but traditions such as the bell and cannon would bring more interest and pride. Well this was very long I am sorry but I just want yall to know that I see it as being in our hands and I am willing to do whatever it takes.

TECH is the best thing that ever happened to a poor kid like me and I think TECH needs loyal alumni and students now more than ever. So let's GO DAWGS.

LOUISIANA TECH A TRADITION IN EXCELLENCE SINCE 1894!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Welcome to the board, DawgEngr! Believe me, we are all doing exactly as you say. J.O. has been lobbying for the move for a while now. Many of us have called and emailed him. I think that J.O. is going all out for this move. I am not sure what D.R. is doing, but I believe he is trying his best too - he better be!

As for marketing, please go back and read as much as you can. This group has come up with a million ideas and some of them have been implemented. I think this group is right on top of this.

Hopefully, we will get in. I think we are at the top of the list and this administration is going all out now after months of lobbying. Like I stated above - WE BETTER BE!

Again, welcome to the board. Come and post often. We love to see dedicated students on here.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    Welcome to the board, DawgEngr. Hopefully, we are doing the things you suggested. I believe our AD is pushing as hard as possible. Not so sure about our president.

As for the C-USA boards, hopefully the C-USA AD's and Presidents have a better knowledge of Universities and Athletic programs than some of those posters. Some of the more absurd things I have seen are: 1) Several of them want Toledo. Obviously they have never had the misfortune of visiting Toledo, 2) Another one calls UTEP the "diamond" of the expansion candidates, and 3) One poster rates North Texas as the best football program of the candidates.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Yes, dawgpound, you are exactly right. Toledo, UTEP, and North Texas really can't hold a candle to what we are and will become in CUSA.

I hope that you are right about their AD's and Presidents knowing more about those programs than those fans.

Of course, some of the posters are just posing as CUSA fans and are really fans of the schools you mentioned. You can't tell except to look how new they are. I know that some of them are just using the emblem of one of the CUSA programs as their gif.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Yes, dawgpound, you are exactly right. Toledo, UTEP, and North Texas really can't hold a candle to what we are and will become in CUSA.
    If that were true, Tech would already be in CUSA, invited at the same time as the rest of the EWAC. Take a look at UTEP's budget and attendance numbers, and at the size of the city where they are located.... We don't hold a candle to them in those categories.

Not sure about Toledo, other than they are in a larger metro area (very important to CUSA) and have been a long-time member of the MAC, with moderate success in MBB and occasionally football. Don't know anything about their budget/attendance numbers.

UNT can only be viewed through the "potential" window. A conference, such as CUSA, would have to make the determination that UNT will someday realize its full potential to be attractive.

If UTEP was located closer to central Texas, somewhere between Dallas and Houston, they too would already be in CUSA today. Their location in terms of distance is their main flaw for CUSA consideration.

We have geography and some success (moderate at best) on the playing fields and courts, and the "potential" window like UNT on our side, and little else.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    DawgEngr05, great post! Please keep posting your thoughts and feelings on BB&B. Just be sure to be thick skinned as we can "eat our own" at times. We on BB&B are doing what we can at this point to demand excellence from all involved at TECH. We have PO'd a few power folks in the ADM because of this belief but who cares if those few feel a tad uncomfortable. We, the Alumni and students, are TECH! Administrators and coaches will come and go but the Alumni and students are always a living breathing entity that should demand excellence in all aspects of our beloved University. Thanks again and keep posting!

Its absurd to say UTEP, Toledo, and UNT aren't more deserving than La.Tech. I'm a bulldog through and through but the last two seasons have been horendous for this school.

Not so for UNT. They have gone to the NEW Orleans bowl twice and represented well against C-USA opponents. Trust me, that is a plus for them. They are a program moving up.

Toledo defeated Penn St for goodness sake and the play in the best mid-major conference in America even with the Marshall defection. If I were C-USA Toledo would be the pick hands down. If they really are interested they may just be the last C-USA member.

UTEP is definitely on the improve and hiring Mike Price is a plus even with his baggage because that baggage will bring C-USA more publicity as long as he stays away from tittie bars.

Temple----I just can't see what they have to offer.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geedawg
    Its absurd to say UTEP, Toledo, and UNT aren't more deserving than La.Tech. I'm a bulldog through and through but the last two seasons have been horendous for this school.

Not so for UNT. They have gone to the NEW Orleans bowl twice and represented well against C-USA opponents. Trust me, that is a plus for them. They are a program moving up.

Toledo defeated Penn St for goodness sake and the play in the best mid-major conference in America even with the Marshall defection. If I were C-USA Toledo would be the pick hands down. If they really are interested they may just be the last C-USA member.

UTEP is definitely on the improve and hiring Mike Price is a plus even with his baggage because that baggage will bring C-USA more publicity as long as he stays away from tittie bars.

Temple----I just can't see what they have to offer.

Three quick things:

1) Hiring Mike Price will end up being a huge mistake for UTEP. While I agree that Price is a great coach, the fact is, the CUSA presidents are VERY concerned about CUSA's "reputation". They don't want to stain it by associating with Mike Price. Besides, geography eliminates UTEP from any serious consideration.

2) UNT plays in the lowly Sunbelt. geedawg act's like they play in the Big 10. Get real. If UNT was competing with Fresno St, Boise St, Hawaii, Tulsa, Rice, etc...every year, they wouldn't fog up a mirror. Besides, all other athletic programs at UNT are dead. Quit giving those people more credit than they deserve.

3) Toledo is an inner city "commuter school", located on the Michigan border of the "Rust belt". Not allot of future there. (Unless you like tons of snow coming off the lake, a/l/a Buffalo). Toledo had ONE good season, and now guys like you think they hung the moon. The Rockets weren't even being mentioned a year ago. Quit getting carried away with "one season" performances.

HD

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    I wish Toledo would give us back our offensive coordinator.

"Quit getting carried away with one season performances"? Would you like me to get carried away with the two stinikers that La.Tech has had recently? At least all of the mentioned above are improving and moving in the right directions. Besides records won't matter when C-USA selects or they never would have taken SMU, Rice, or Tulsa.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    I have been to Ohio many times over the years. My company's US headquarters is in Cleveland. I go there 4-6 times per year. I have been to Toledo a couple of times when the plane was diverted from Cleveland. I used to work for a company based in Columbus. The only college football team anyone ever talks about anywhere in Ohio is Ohio State. Any references to the MAC are as jokes. All those schools have about the same or less fan support than we do. Also, by mid October the weather has gotten cold and it may snow. I assure you Miami and Toledo don't have more to offer than us. Temple, however, probably does have more to offer than us.

I guarantee you that Toledo won't be a joke that you'll be laughing at when Conference-USA makes their selection.

+ Reply to Thread