+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDF - I'm acallin' you out.

To make an apology. :cry:

After a couple of years and some great recruiting classes, our basketball team isn't any better than it was 5 years ago. :cry:

It looks, more and more, like you were exactly right about Jim Wooldridge.

:cry: Damn, that hurts. In more ways than one. :cry:

BTW - thanks for that "cry" emoticon. It fits this situation perfectly.

One one hand I'm "Totally Classless" and on the other I'm a "puppy"

What a country!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Hand in hand we walk through the valley of the shadow.....

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Joebob,

I've actually been thinking about that the last couple of weeks. I take it the KSU hoops fans have had it with Wooly.

Do you think y'all wait till the contract is up or pull the trigger this year? I sure hope you find someone better this time. KSU has unfortunately become to the Big XII's Basketball what Baylor is to football.

TDF (Chris)

Wooly has one year left on his current contract. I believe we'll honor the contract, partly because we just bought out our last BB coach's contract and these things run into a lot of money.

Not everything that's gone wrong this year can be attributed to Wooly. Our two best freshmen have been injured and their presence on the court should help a lot.

However, just as you predicted, he is unable to win a close game. Add to that the fact that he somehow manages to keep almost every game close and it becomes a real problem. We all felt pretty good staying within 3 of ku. Another close game that we lost. We had a 16 point lead against Okie State and managed to lose that one too. Add to these the game where we got blown out by UMKC (that's University of Missouri at Kansas City, ever heard of them?) by 41 and you get a lot of disgruntled fans.

I really like Wooly's attitude and his recruiting ability. I'm questioning his coaching ability though, especially his game-coaching.

Hopefully we can put a healthy team on the court before long and we'll find out what he can actually do. I've lost a lot of optimism.

When do we get to play each other in football again?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    We've heard 2005 in Shreveport.

I haven't seen you posting on ksufans.com. Have you made the move back? If not, where are you posting these days?

TDF

I'm usually on GoPowercat. I've made a couple of posts on the new site but haven't gotten too involved. I still post on the classlesscats site once in a while jsut to keep that site somewhat active.

We might be interested in that "half a coach" you're advertising. Does the half you're peddling understand intensity?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Jim Wooldridge was a great defensive basketball player when he played at Tech. IMHO, he was fun to watch stealing the ball as he had very quick hands and would guard his man like a glove. He didn't score squat and seemed almost afraid to shoot at times. However, but did run the team well and would make great passes to Mike McConathy, Lanky Wells, and Big E ect... His passion always seem to be on the defense end of the court and not running the ball up and down the court even back as a student athlete. As a HC, he just seems to hold his teams back. I always thought he would make a great defensive coach and recruiter at a big university but not a good HC. I have not seen near the games at TECH, when he was a head coach, as most on this board. But I probably saw every home game and numerous away games when he was a player. Those tendencies have carried over into his coaching skills I think.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob
    I'm usually on GoPowercat. I've made a couple of posts on the new site but haven't gotten too involved. I still post on the classlesscats site once in a while jsut to keep that site somewhat active.

We might be interested in that "half a coach" you're advertising. Does the half you're peddling understand intensity?
    To get THAT "half a coach", you have to give us Snyder!!! Think we can make a deal?

TDF

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    If KU starts getting the big head like Nebraska, Snyder could be available after some fine 9-3 season! Let's hope they are smarter than the Cornhusker administrators.

kSu, kSu!!! Don't EVER compare the "Squawks" with the "Wildcats"! Two COMPLETELY different animals when it comes to football!!!

TDF

+ Reply to Thread