+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCU ready to bolt C-USA

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar
    By RICK ALONZO / The Dallas Morning News

FORT WORTH – The Mountain West Conference is expected to issue an invitation to TCU on Tuesday or Wednesday, a high-ranking TCU source said Sunday.

The invitation will be the formal offer needed to set the stage for TCU to announce Friday its departure from Conference USA effective in the 2005-06 school year.

TCU's conference membership will be discussed Thursday during the school's athletic committee meeting, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. A recommendation will be presented to the board of trustees Friday, when the move to the Mountain West should be approved.

C-USA commissioner Britton Banowsky said Sunday evening he has not received notification from TCU, a C-USA member for three years, that the school is leaving.

E-mail ralonzo@dallasnews.com

I have not posted to this before. But I have two thoughts that have not been mentioned thru this process.

First, Conference USA is moving their offices to Dallas in May. That could be a huge thing in our (or unfortunately North Texas') favor.

Second, ECU (of which I am an alum) is less concerned about the poor caliber of team that could be coming into CUSA (their words NOT mine), and mostly concerned with how the heck to get out of what they view as a sinking ship.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdub
    I have not posted to this before. But I have two thoughts that have not been mentioned thru this process.

First, Conference USA is moving their offices to Dallas in May. That could be a huge thing in our (or unfortunately North Texas') favor.

Second, ECU (of which I am an alum) is less concerned about the poor caliber of team that could be coming into CUSA (their words NOT mine), and mostly concerned with how the heck to get out of what they view as a sinking ship.
    ECU needs to be looking ahead, not behind. ECU's future will not be tied to CUSA long term, because the geography just doesn't work.

ECU needs to be focusing on improving it's football record and gaining admittance to the Big East. No matter who the 12th CUSA team is, it's not going to have much affect on ECU's future.

HD

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    I would think that a team that just went 1-11 would be excited about a "poor caliber team" coming into their conference! Perhaps they are pushing for Troy State or Slippery Rock.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    I would like to think so.

But their offices have been in the Far North with teams in the Deep South, so that may not be as favorable for Tech as it sounds.

It may just mean they're getting cheaper office space.

+ Reply to Thread