+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting response to TCU news and possible CUSA invite -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    on the Temple board -

Lukewarm to the idea at best is how I would describe it - it is very easy to see by their response that BASKETBALL drives that bus...

And yes, I know that the PRESIDENTS are the ones who will make this decision...

http://temple.rivals.com/showmsg.asp...5&sid=&style=2

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    on the Temple board -

Lukewarm to the idea at best is how I would describe it - it is very easy to see by their response that BASKETBALL drives that bus...

And yes, I know that the PRESIDENTS are the ones who will make this decision...

http://temple.rivals.com/showmsg.asp...5&sid=&style=2
    Boy was that Pirate guy begging. I lost it when he said, "What recruit wants to play at school with NO chance at a bowl?" Hell, I don't think Temple's had a winning season in 15 years much less thought about going to a bowl.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Dwayne....the CUSA message boards say it will be
    1) Temple
    2) Toledo
    3) Miami OH (Not interested)
    4) UTEP/LATECH (toss up)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Cody -

I'm just glad that the Presidents make the decision - and Jim has assured us that we are in pretty good with all of the western Presidents - Tulane, Tulsa, Smu, Rice and Houston - and is in fairly good with UAB -

We are working on Memphis and UCF - Marshall and ECU are dead set against us...

It will be offered to Temple FIRST and then supposedly to us...

Like I said - now is not the time to be worrying about what we should have done - we should have been working on this since 1999...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Like I said - now is not the time to be worrying about what we should have done - we should have been working on this since 1999...
    Exactly! However, we do need to be stepping it up big time right now. I am depending on Jim to be doing this. I think he is.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

It will be offered to Temple FIRST and then supposedly to us...
    Dwayne-

In another thread you listed the five votes we likely already have, along with a couple of other maybes. If "Tem-pile Of Crap" only has three votes sewn up ( Memphis, ECU, Marshall), why would it be offered to them first? Do the presidents of those three schools have more influence than the entire western block of the conference? I would think if we already have more votes in our favor than anyone else, that would make us the front-runner....

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute
    Temple's not going to happen. Troy has a better shot. Tech has the best shot.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    I do hope we are able to get a CUSA invite, since the WAC was unable to get the votes this past summer that could have lead to a stronger Eastern half of WAC.

However, as someone else mentioned in a previous message on this subject, either in this subject thread or another, CUSA is looking for media market to lessen the $ impact that is going to happen with any future ESPN contract now that the Louisville, Cincinatti (sp?), and South Florida as all sports members are gone.

So the longer it goes, the more I worry. We have never had a real strong Alumni financial support or attendance, even in the years we won since the 70s. We do have some very fine Alumni, but we don't have them in the numbers we need.

If we don't get into CUSA, it will be a shame as we can beat a lot of those teams year to year.

Wish this drama would end real soon.

+ Reply to Thread