+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicknell/Oakes spoted at the Blue Light

Bicknell and Oakes ate together at the Blue Light Cafe today (lunch - Jan 27th). Bicknell said "hi" to a few people in the cafe. Also dining was Richie McKinney and his father. Bicknell talked to McKinney for a minute and knew him by name. One guy (me) asked Bicknell if he was going to order the clam chowder. Bicknell replied that he did not think that they had that here. Bicknell went on to order the steak. Bicknell wanted to know if it would have gravey on it. I tried to overhear what news I couldm, but was only able to decern that Bicknell's brother is selling his house (which he just remodeled). That's all I got.

Wade W

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Did you say Bicknell is selling his house?????

Just kidding folks, havin' a little fun. <-joke

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    Wade,

Change your name to Barnaby Jones or The Tick....better yet Authur(the Tick's partner). All those satellite dish ears could pick up was that Bick wanted gravy on his steak? Thanks for the update ;-) Keep listening. This is the kind of news we like to hear since some of us are exiled from Lincoln parish.
    ________
    Weed vaporizer
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Boy I remember the good ole days and the Blue Light. That would be good about right now.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    ....................... Bicknell said "hi" to a few people in the cafe. ........ Bicknell talked to McKinney for a minute and knew him by name......
    Gee, those are encouraging words.
    From the general theme of this board, I'd have thought Coach would be less outgoing.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    The Blue Light never held a candle to Bee's Soul Food!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I tried to overhear what news I couldm, but was only able to decern that Bicknell's brother is selling his house (which he just remodeled). That's all I got.

Wade W
    8O OK>>somebody please tell me that his brother is not a football coach looking for a job in Ruston, Louisiana! :shock: PLEASE!!!!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    He did try to hire his brother as OL coach before JO said no and luckily we landed Petey....

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Bicknell and Oakes ate together at the Blue Light Cafe today (lunch - Jan 27th). Bicknell said "hi" to a few people in the cafe. Also dining was Richie McKinney and his father. Bicknell talked to McKinney for a minute and knew him by name. One guy (me) asked Bicknell if he was going to order the clam chowder. Bicknell replied that he did not think that they had that here. Bicknell went on to order the steak. Bicknell wanted to know if it would have gravey on it. I tried to overhear what news I couldm, but was only able to decern that Bicknell's brother is selling his house (which he just remodeled). That's all I got.

Wade W
    Asking Bick if he was gonna have the chowder is awesome. I wouuld have loved to have been there. We shouuld take cans of clam chowder to the games and throw them on the field when Bick makes sucky calls. Just don't throw them at anybody. Or it might be better if we found something less dangerous than cans. How about these packets of dried chowder?

http://store.yahoo.com/greatoutdoors...uble-serv.html

Bick supporters should be referred to as "chowds."
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    So our football program has sunk so low that now we care what the sucky coach orders for lunch????????????

Hey, recently Nick Saban had his picture taken at an Evangel soccer game. There ya go, must be a class guy and great coach if he's at a soccer game. (and yes, I know why he was there)

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    The Blue Light never held a candle to Bee's Soul Food!
    yea, Cartek, I still argue with my mother over this one. I like Bee's best. It is a shame that after she died that they ran it in the ground. My oldest son (now 8) and I use to visit her once a month until he was 3 years old. That was a great place!

Martie

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by beef
    Bick supporters should be referred to as "chowds."
    NAH! I would prefer to call them "CHOWDERHEADS."

However, let's hope JBIII and our DAWGS prove us to be the Chowderheads next year as they post some big wins in the WAC. OK>> I am trying to be positive.

Bee's was indeed the better cafe and the cheaper cafe. What I ate at the Blue Light yesterday was the chicken, cabbage, taters, freid cornbread, tea, and bread pudding (Ms. Eula's bread pudding is made with whiskey sauce). Eight dollars before the tip.

I too hope the best for JBIII. Remember when NLU thought they could do better and fired Coach Ed Zumbacher? They really showed him!

I'm not sure that JBIII is a great coach, but who could Tech land and keep that is better than him?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Not many. But that is just the point, we need a guy that we will NOT keep. Someone to blast the scene have 2 or 3 good, solid years and then on to a higher profile job. Then we can become a program that coaches WANT to coach at because they can look back at Crowton, ???, ??? and ??? and see that LaTech can be a great place to be a HC at.

Martie

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    "I'm not sure that JBIII is a great coach, but who could Tech land and keep that is better than him?" -- Wade

We'll never know until we ask!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread