+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicknell/Oakes spoted at the Blue Light

Good point Martie:

I once thought that Crowton was an outstanding coach. Offensively I held him right up there with June Jones. But Crowton's BYU finished about last in Div 1 offense this past year.

I thought that Crowton was elevating the Tech program. Hindsight shows it the other way around.

-W.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Clearly Crowton did good things for our program. Our present coach has been here long enough to make his own bed. Just because Crowton had a bad year at BYU, it does not follow that he therefore was not a good coach at Louisiana Tech!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Good point Martie:

I thought that Crowton was elevating the Tech program. Hindsight shows it the other way around.

-W.
    This has to be one of the most idiotic statements I have seen on the board.

Crowton wasn't perfect at Tech, but he definately elevated the program. If nothing else, he brought confidence: the belief that Tech could beat any opponent. Confidence is something that this program is lacking now. The only way you can place blame for the decline on Crowton is for the timing of his departure in 1998.

I suggest you step away from the computer and think about things awhile before you make foolish statements like this.

Brad

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    [quote:724be86f3a="Wade"]Good point Martie:

-W.
    This has to be one of the most idiotic statements I have seen on the board.

Crowton wasn't perfect at Tech, but he definately elevated the program. If nothing else, he brought confidence: the belief that Tech could beat any opponent. Confidence is something that this program is lacking now. The only way you can place blame for the decline on Crowton is for the timing of his departure in 1998.

I suggest you step away from the computer and think about things awhile before you make foolish statements like this.

Brad[/quote:724be86f3a]

This is the best post on here in a long, long, time.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    My point was Crowton WAS good for Tech. Sorry if I confused anyone. Tech did NOT elevate him.

I’m sure everyone would agree that Tech and Crowton elevated each other.
    I’m sure everyone would agree that Crowton’s spread offense was a bust in Chicago.
    Hey, I’m a Crowton man too. No doubt the guy can coach. The plays he drew up against Nebraska were freaking bizarre.
    I used to go to Crowton’s open practices just to watch the guy work. It was awesome to see what he could do with players like Martin and Mackey/Rattay and Edwards. Hey I like Crowton. I just thought he would go on to football greatness and he hasn’t (yet).

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Tommy Joe Eagles didn't do great things at Auburn, but that didn't mean he wasn't a great coach at Louisiana Tech. Your reasoning needs some help, Wade.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Crowton wasn't perfect at Tech, but he definately elevated the program. If nothing else, he brought confidence...
    Crowton brought Tim Rattay to Tech - and he was smart enough to leave before Tim did.

Anything past that is mere speculation.

I think all would agree that Crowton and Tech elevated each other.
    I think all would agree that Crowton’s spread offense was a bust in the NFL.
    Guys, I’m as big a fan of Crowton as anyone. I thought the plays he drew up against Nebraska were freaking gnarly.
    I used to go to Crowton’s open practices and loved to see him work with Martin/Mackey and Rattay/Edwards. No doubt the guy can coach.
    I just thought he would go on to coaching greatness and he hasn’t (yet).

+ Reply to Thread