+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's help send the Tennis Team to El Paso!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Just talked to Greg about the travel arrangements. The matches are on February 13th and 14th. El Paso is 890 miles one way. As someone else said, a Tech van is out of the question because its over 500 miles. That long of a van trip before playing two tennis matches back to back certainly wouldn't be good to help them win. One of the goals of the trip is to get to play conference schools before the conference tournament and pick up some wins so that we don't have to start off the conference tournament playing Fresno State (the 13th team in the country). If the team has to drive 15-16 hours the day before (at best) it does not seem like it would meet the goal. Greg does not think the van idea would work for that reason.

We are getting ready to run into the advance purchase ticket problem as its two weeks from today when the teams play the matches. Please let us know if you want to help get the team there!! The coaches are responsible for making all of the travel arrangements, but Coach Hearn says that it would not be a problem for the team to leave from Dallas at all.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Flying Southwest and getting their best posted prices today...about $1800 for 9 leaving the 12th and returning 15th...they need a van when they get there plus rooms for 3 nights (3 x 3 rooms = 9 room/nights) or another $1000 easy...$3000 is the minimum we should raise, if we have to pay the full ride.

Is JO putting any money into the kitty...like rooms, meals?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    We just have to pay the airfare and we can get flights (Priceline) for right at $1600 today from Dallas. We do not have to worry about the rooms or transportation down there. I guess that means that the athletic department budget will cover the other expenses. It looks like $1600 will meet our objectives.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    I can hunt up $100 somewhere. Should I send my check to Dwayne?

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan
    I can hunt up $100 somewhere. Should I send my check to Dwayne?
    Please do! Thanks much!!

I,m in for $100. Will send check to DFM next week. I played tennis for many years, so I know the hard work these young ladies have put in.

Thanks, BigBob. Known committments, that brings us up to $850 - great start y'all!

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    I will send $100 to Dwayne this weekend.....
    Ed

even though Tennis is pretty darn tough to do play by play on radio...I'm up for the color commentator........ :beatnik:

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    STEP OUT ON FAITH AND GO AHEAD AND BUY THE TIKETS TO GET THE LOWEST PRICE...THERE ARE ENOUGH BAPTIST ON HERE...WE'LL RAISE THE MONEY!

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Tell me again WHO to make the check to
    Thanks
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    Tell me again WHO to make the check to
    Thanks
    Ed
    Paypal makes it out to LaTechBBB, LLC, so I believe that will work fine for the checks that are sent to Dwayne.

Puppy LaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around here
    I will see what I can do. Unfortunately, the layoff bug hit me last month. I do however have a free flight pass for Southwest.

If they fly SW then that is available.

Just let me know

Sorry about your job, LaTechDawg!!! Not sure which airline they'll be flying, but if its SWA that would be great (right now they aren't the cheapest)! Of course, a free flight pass might make the difference to make it the cheapest!

$50

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    How much do we have now?

+ Reply to Thread