+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let's help send the Tennis Team to El Paso!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Got your check from Mrs Sooner last night - thanks -

I also gave Jim Oakes a check made out to LA TECH - TEnnis for $1,700 - you might want to check with Terrance or Coach Hearne...

Jim still says the trip will cost somewhere around $3,200 - he needs to be reminded that they can fly to UTEP out of Jackson or Dallas on Southwest alot cheaper than they can fly out of Monroe or Shreveport -

And if worst comes to worse they can charter a bus and driver...
    Dwayne, I sure hope you told that to Jim. I can't imagine anybody just walking away, leaving that kind of difference in funding up in the air!

Ross
    ~~~~

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Ross -

I told Jim there would be no more money than that $1,700 coming in and it was up to them to get the trip in under costs and it could be done out of Dallas or Jackson - earlier in the week Jim told me that he had to have the $1,700 before he would allow them to book the trip...

Quite frankly - with a short staff at work and tax season, a new baby, church and other activities - its all I can do to keep my head above water right now -

I don't mind being the collector and courier, but outside of that - that's about all I have time to do right now...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy techtens1 is an unknown
    Thanks so much to all our supporters!!! The tennis team really does appreciate all you do. It feels great to have some people backing this sport. Some of the girls have been here for three years and every big conference trip has gotten cancelled by the athletic department. Thanks so much for all you guys did to make it all happen. We are very excited about playing Hawaii and UTEP!!!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    We also want you to know that we appreciate you and your team's efforts. I've heard about the last minute fiasco. I understand it has been straigtened out. Please forget about that and play your hearts out in El Paso. The people who count, the fans, will not let you down.

Now, go to bed, you have an early flight to catch.

JMW

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    http://www.latechsports.com/article....02_13_18:18:39

Tennis Techsters Snowed Out
    Posted Feb 13, 2004 18:18:39

Louisiana Tech's tennis team was snowed out Friday in El Paso, Texas.

Snow flurries and cold weather forced Friday's tennis match scheduled against UTEP to be postponed until Saturday as the Tennis Techsters try to bounce back from their 1-5 record with a win.

Tech will now play its match against Hawaii, originally scheduled for 10 a.m., at 9 a.m. Saturday before taking on UTEP at 1 p.m.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar
    It figures!!!

If it snows in Frisco, then you know the entire state is shut down.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    We have about 3-4 inches of snow here in Tyler this morning. Gorgeous! Time for snow angels

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Send some of that down here, Tyler. It's hot and humid, and I'm ready for a little cold weather - NOT!

TD
    ~~

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    What a pain! Hope they get to play twice today, but I bet those girls will have enjoyed the white stuff yesterday. They may have to do what I used to do when they'd try to rain out a tourney when I was doing well - go find an indoor court and pay to use it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Nothing has been posted anywhere on the Tech-Hawai'i match, but here's the Tech-UTEP story from http://www.utepathletics.com/news/archive/021404wt.htm

News: Tennis
    Feb. 14, 2004

UTEP Pulls Past Louisiana Tech

EL PASO, Texas -- The UTEP tennis team extended their win streak to four, as they pulled past Louisiana Tech 4-3, to garner their first WAC win of the season Saturday at the El Paso Tennis Club.

"This is a great win for us," said head coach Jamie Campbell. "We played as a team and won as a team. A match like this continues to build our confidence for the rest of the season."

Martina Rezar battled her way at the No. 1 spot, narrowly defeating Louisiana Tech's Holly Ready, 6-1, 6-7 (9-11), 6-3. Adriana Boykova and Danielle King garnered two-set wins to give the Miners two points to tie the match. Tea Spirta, Gilat Barzilai and Katherine Palider fell to the Bulldogs' Monica Kelly, (6-3, 6-3), Saharai Uriarte (7-6, 3-6, 6-3) and Avril Martinez (7-5, 5-7, 6-4), respectively.

The Miners (4-0) secured the doubles point with wins from Barzilai and Boykova at No. 2 and King and Spirta at No. 3.

UTEP returns to action on Sunday at 10 a.m., when UTEP will host Hawaii at the El Paso Tennis Club.

UTEP 4, Louisiana Tech 3
    Doubles
    Rezar/Palider (UTEP) vs. Ready/Kelly (La Tech), DNF
    Barzilai/Boykova (UTEP) def. Martinez/Uriarte (La Tech), 8-2
    King/Spirta (UTEP) def. Duque/Westbrook (La Tech), 8-4

Singles
    Martina Rezar (UTEP) def. Holly Ready (La Tech), 6-1, 6-7 (9-11), 6-3
    Monica Kelly (La Tech) def. Téa Spirta (UTEP), 6-3, 6-3
    Saharai Uriarte (La Tech) def. Gilat Barzilai (UTEP), 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
    Adriana Boykova (UTEP) def. Katherine Westbrook (La Tech), 6-2, 6-0
    Avril Martinez (La Tech) def. Katherine Palider (UTEP), 7-5, 5-7, 6-4
    Danielle King (UTEP) def. Anabella Duque (La Tech), 6-3, 6-3

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    That was a tight match. Looks like we had some girls play some very competitive matches. And then, they had to go do it again this afternoon 'cuz of their play in the snow day yesterday. Not sure what kind of team Hawaii has, but hopefully maybe it can be close but win in the afternoon session.

Here's the Hawai'i match recap http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/recap.html?rid=13145

EL PASO, Texas - The Hawai'i women's tennis team showed its muscle in a 4-2 victory over Louisiana Tech, Saturday afternoon at the El Paso Tennis Club. The Rainbow Wahine improved to 4-3 overall and lead the Western Athletic Conference with a perfect 2-0 mark.

The teams decided to play the singles matches first and the Rainbow Wahine took the No. 1, 3, 4, and 6 positions to win the match. Therefore the doubles matches were not played.

Junior Justine Boutet gave UH the deciding point when she rallied past Monica Kelly, 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 at the No. 3 court. Junior Lauren Fitzgerald won her team-leading eighth singles match with a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Holly Ready at the No. 1 spot. Junior Paige Mainor and reigning WAC player of the week Renata Camargo both won their matches in straight sets.

The Rainbow Wahine return to the court against UTEP, Sunday.

Match Results
    Hawai`i def. Louisiana Tech, 4-2
    Singles
    1. Lauren Fitzgerald def. Holly Ready (LTU), 6-1, 6-1
    2. Saharai Uriarte (LTU) def. Sylvia Jaros, 1-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6)
    3. Justine Boutet def. Monica Kelly (LTU), 2-6, 6-2, 6-3
    4. Paige Mainor def. Katherine Westbrook (LTU), 6-4, 6-1
    5. Anabella Dugque (LTU) def. Kana Aikawa, 6-2, 6-2
    6. Renata Camargo def. Avril Martinez (LTU), 6-1, 6-1

Doubles
    Not played.

+ Reply to Thread