+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certain CUSA fans aversion to Louisiana Tech

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    OK, we have seen a lot of speculations about who is going to join CUSA. You name a scenario and I have seen it.

I also see posters that have us as the LAST team that CUSA will take behind all Division 1-A teams, even going so far as to include Troy State and other teams who have recently moved up. There seems to be no middle grounders. Either they are pretty positive on Tech or they cannot stand us and would take any Division III college before even considering that Louisiana Tech would join their precious league.

I even saw a 14 team scenario and the 3 teams they took would be Toledo, Miami-Ohio and Temple. Draw that map up in your head and compare it to the WAC before SMU, Rice and Tulsa left.

Can anyone figure out why there is such an aversion to Louisiana Tech from some CUSA fans?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    As the old saying goes, there's no law against being STUPID!

What you are seeing on some of these message boards are the insecurities being expressed through stupid posts regarding Louisiana Tech. I'm constantly amazed at some of the crap I see posted.

But we saw the EXACT SAME HATRED for Louisiana Tech from 80% of the folks on the WAC board before we joined the WAC. Today, there's not a single member of the WAC that doesn't think LA Tech is a great member of the WAC. Two years after LA Tech joins CUSA, other CUSA fans will feel the same way.

One thing that is often overlooked is the fact that Louisiana Tech is a school constantly moving UP the ladder of repsectability. This is in sharp contrast to such CUSA candidates as UTEP (40-year member of the WAC) and Temple (kicked out of the Big East) who are moving DOWN the food chain. Even SMU and Rice have moved DOWN over the years from the once powerful SWC to CUSA.

Sometimes we forget that only 15 years ago, LA Tech was a Division 1AA member, with 1AA facilities and a 1AA budget, while most of of the aforementioned schools were playing in Div 1A and had been at the highest level for years. Face it, UTEP, Temple, SMU, Rice, etc...had a huge head start over Louisiana Tech.

The CUSA presidents simply need to decide if they want schools GROWING and moving UP the ladder of respectability, or do they prefer schools that have ALREADY proven that they can't cut it at the highest levels?

HD

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    Can anyone figure out why there is such an aversion to Louisiana Tech from some CUSA fans?
    I've sen the same thing on CUSA boards.

My 2 cents:

I think it comes from our anonymity in some areas and fear of us in others.

I think USM and Tulane fear that we will be poised to have a much better chance to beat them at recruiting.

UAB is probably middle ground. We've beaten them, but they probably see us as their equals.

UCF, once an ally, thinks they're better than us now.

And those that that we don't have any real history with (Memphis, E. Carolina) probably look at us like we look at the Belch schools.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Actually, the eastern CUSA teams wanting 3 from the east/northeast after just picking up 3 from the west (SMU,RICE and Tulsa) makes sense. Other than that, I think the usual cast of Tech FLAMERS from the WAC board are disguising themselves on that board. But you are right. It's a love/hate scenario over there. I am still a tad appalled and surprised at the USM folks that are so negative. Maybe it is because we had such a tough but great rivalry "way back when" a lot of us were at TECH. If we get in CUSA, I predict that every game against USM will be a blood bath! IT WILL BE GREAT!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    The CUSA presidents simply need to decide if they want schools GROWING and moving UP the ladder of respectability, or do they prefer schools that have ALREADY proven that they can cut it at the highest levels?

HD
    Yes, Mike, go ahead. Your thinking and mine are similar.
    My additions:
    The universities who have ALWAYS been against us are Memphis and USM. The other institutations have gone up and down in their opinions of us.
    Memphis and USM feel the same about us as we feel about the Junior College/Community College duo campus in Monroe. Word is USM has started respecting us more, but Memphis . . . they're hooked on their basketball court mentality. So, I'm honored they feel threated by not one, but both of our basketball teams.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    We are not even in this conference yet and I hate most of the teams already:

Memphis- These people think that Memphis is the next UT because they beat Ole Miss this year. Their football team sucks 99.5% of the time! The city of Memphis sucks. Tenn would be a great state if you could just cut Memphis off (save a small stretch of Moriah Road) and sail it down to the Gulf.

Thundering Turds- These people live in West Virginia. Should I have to say more? This is the state that gives us people like Jessco White, The dancing outlaw, who huffs gasoline on a regular basis to get high. They beat some teams like Buffalo and Akron then ESPN crowns them Gods of thier network.

Tulame- A damn private school with a bunch of Yankees (HD, word can be used in this case) that attend school in our state. We should open the levees of New Orleans just to flood the campus. The city could use a good cleaning too after having all that body funk down there a few weeks back from those tiger fans. Tulame has no real sports to speak of. Had one good football team back in '98 or so. What in the hell is a green wave?

Miss. Southern- A mixed bag of dumbass cajuns who weren't smart enough to go to school in La. and Mississippians. Athletics are ran by an nlu flunky. I won't dog their teams because they seem to be decent most years. I have never liked them and their crappy dump of a town slows me down on my way to the Beach every year.

UAB- You have a city in your name and you share the rest of that name with the real University down the road. No one in Alabama likes you nor do they care for your athletic programs. Neither do I.

SMU- Rich Dallas Dicks. Other than that, I feel too sorry for your athletics to criticize them. However, I am impressed by the females on this campus. The chicks on campus make an otherwise generic city and school look great!

Rice- I just can't hate teams and a school full of small, smart, overachieving kids. The underdog side of me just won't let me hate these guys. I have respect.

Tulsa- You will return to your mediocre to poor seasons next season. The new coach was good for a few wins. Sorry it has to end just like your bball prominence. Expect many whippings in every sport in CUSA.

East Carolina- I don't know about these guys because I have only been able to find North and South Carolina on the map. Once I find them, I will form an opinion.

UCF- They had a good QB once.

Houston- What have they done in the past 20 years besides get thier butts licked by Hawaii?

We may not be the school some of these buffoons want in thier conference, but we sure aren't as ugly as they make us out to be.

With that said, I have a customer who is a cougar. Last time we talked, I told him I went to Tech. He then started talking about how he wished that Tech was in the CUSA and how we would be a good fit for them in CUSA. He was quite surprised to find out that TCU was planning on leaving and we were on the short list of schools to be chosen by CUSA. Not everyone thinks we are ugly as some of these people try to make us out to be.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Dang, that post was aubunique sized!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    AND, I hope you retire that UGLY picture soon, Dawgbitten. I'm sure Mr. Brown has already cleaned up since then, and I'm not sure my stomach can take too much more of that!

Retirement will come soon enough.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    West Virginia ... is the state that gives us people ... who huffs gasoline on a regular basis to get high.
    DOES THAT WORK?!?!?!?! :shock: :nuts: :shock: :nuts:

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I am glad CUSA isn't allowing internet-focused fans to vote on our possible membership, because this thread alone would keep us out! But there were some funny comments.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Those were excellent DB! Your SMU comment is SO TRUE!

Champ, go ahead and huff away. Come back and tell us if it works or not.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    It's GROOOOOOOOOOOVY, man ......

That GASOLINE was AWESOME!!!

Can we get some more nachos over here??? Or maybe some waffles .... Ooooh, I know! How bout some WAFFLE-NACHOS?! That would RULE!!!

Thanks Pocko ... you are my main man, bud .... :wink:

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    AND, I hope you retire that UGLY picture soon, Dawgbitten......
    Surely you jest, Markay. That is one of the best self portraits of DB I've ever seen. Sure wish I knew what kind of camera he used!

TD
    ~~

+ Reply to Thread