+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM guaranteed to be I-A through 2014

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    All that is lacking is the required attendance and Jim is confident we will make that...
    Well, then I hope he is also confident that we will be winning a lot of games in the coming years, becasue we all saw what a losing team does to attendance (Rice). Like HD says, WINNING MATTERS!

cdawg
    [quote]After reading Frisco's analysis it looks like it boils down to the two Florida Teams making 1A status by '06. If that happens, they still have a chance if all the other belch teams remain 1A.

Looks like Florida A&M will be delaying entry into 1A. For how long I have no idea. see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1724934

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)
    [quote="CARTEK"]Game guarantees have NOT doubled...if they had, we be getting $1 million for our games at BCS school...and we aren't! I love "matter of fact" people from Arkansas...you guys think if you say it.
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""

Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black...AND...FWIW, Arkstfan just happens to be an attorney which means he thinks (and researches) before he posts, unlike a couple on this board who post first and then think on what they just posted.

Some La Tech posters are the master of transitional spinning that makes your school (smoke, mirrors and all) seem as if they are the Notre Dame of Crawfish Country.

A few simple visits to some campuses and checking out some finances and athletic budgets is going to tell CUSA presidents all they need to know about some schools who may be a tad delusional.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Arkyfan could be a tarot card reader for all I care...and the fact that he is a lawyer means damned little. Some of the biggest pricks I know are lawyers!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    There have been several articles from Florida media in the last couple of weeks regarding problems at Florida A&M. The statements by the FAMU president appear to validate those published reports.

This could eliminate a potential Wright Waters fallback plan for the Sun Belt if Florida Atlantic and/or Florida International don't make all of the I-A requirements. Florida A&M was one of the 11 I-AA teams that reported a 15,000 home attendance average last year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    [quote="PlummMeanGreen"]
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Game guarantees have NOT doubled...if they had, we be getting $1 million for our games at BCS school...and we aren't! I love "matter of fact" people from Arkansas...you guys think if you say it.
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""

Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black...AND...FWIW, Arkstfan just happens to be an attorney which means he thinks (and researches) before he posts, unlike a couple on this board who post first and then think on what they just posted.

Some La Tech posters are the master of transitional spinning that makes your school (smoke, mirrors and all) seem as if they are the Notre Dame of Crawfish Country.

A few simple visits to some campuses and checking out some finances and athletic budgets is going to tell CUSA presidents all they need to know about some schools who may be a tad delusional.
    Hey Plumm, you moron, CARTEK is an attorney too. Big woop! You act like that makes them smarter than everybody. What are you...about 10 years old?

At least we know CARTEK is smarter than Arkst fan and you UNT fans because CARTEK went to Louisiana Tech.

HD

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    What Arkansas gets is an almost guaranteed victory! Actually, I hope Northeast can win one of those games. If Tech played UA in Fayetteville or Little Rock that many times there would be some Dawg victories. In Ruston, it would be easy! The crowd in LR is known to be much better in supporting the Hogs than the much larger (for two years now) Fayetteville crowd. The UA athletic facilities cost more than the rest of the UA campus! But the teams still are allowed to use human beings, not robots!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Champion, if you read closely, they (as usual) took a shot at Tech by comparing nlulm/Little Rock to Tech/Sheveport. Typical News-Star BS.
    As usual? AS USUAL? Which other daily newspaper has a beat writer dedicated to Louisiana Tech again?

More like **typical cry-baby fan's BS.**

Playing Little Rock, let's face it, is no different than playing in Shreveport. It's ALL garbage. Sell out your own stadium or shut your trap.

Here's my credentials to forward such an idea: I live in Ruston. Do you??
    As such, I say ... keep the Bulldogs here until they can sell out Aillet. Every time. That hasn't happened lately. When it does, then take some pot shots at ULM.

Meantime, if you want to play the percentages -- and who doesn't?? -- then you take some off-site advantages and you go with it. Call that our glass house, however. Keep your stones in your pockets.

Lastly, get off The News-Star. Keep it up and you'll get the same coverage you're getting from everybody else: That is ... Little and None.

No stone throwing here Bug. I just expect accuracy in the media. I'm sure nobody from nlulm or the News-Star realizes this, but Tech has been playing football for over 100 years and we have been playing football games in Sheveport since 1916 (almost yearly since 1937). So please don't try to compare what Tech has done in Sheveport with what nlulm is doing in Little Rock.

BTW, I commend Hanks for this move. If 1/3 of you so called nlulm fans had the commitment he has, he would not have to take such drastic measures to ensure nlulm catches up with TECH, which will never happen.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningbuginmonroe
    Playing Little Rock, let's face it, is no different than playing in Shreveport. It's ALL garbage. Sell out your own stadium or shut your trap.
    CONGRATULATIONS

You win today's SPOD (Stupid Post Of the DAY) Award. Anybody stupid enough to think that ULM playing "home games" in Little Rock against Arkansas is the same thing as Louisiana Tech playing home games in Shrevport is a TRUE CERTIFIED MORON!

HD

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    When was the last time the Hogs lost in LR? Not in years. The record is better in LR than in Fayetteville. LR is the PREFERRED home field in Arkansas. They now have more seats to sell in Fayetteville and want to play there. But LR is the place they get the most NOISE when the Hogs are on defense.
    Dan, nobody said you were a BIG prick because of your professional choice.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningbuginmonroe
    You know for that comment you're gonna get laughed at. And so what you live in Ruston, I live in Little Rock and having ULM count the War Memorial game as a home game is rediculous.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Token ULM fan,
    I'm so glad to know there is A fan. Its otherwise hard to tell. You'r equating our Shreveport and your Little Rock games as the same thing is crazy. The biggest difference is we've been doing to with some regularity even before we thought of going I-A - not as some desperate attempt to fraudulently meet the attendance requirement.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Token ULM fan,
    I'm so glad to know there is A fan. Its otherwise hard to tell. You'r equating our Shreveport and your Little Rock games as the same thing is crazy. The biggest difference is we've been doing to with some regularity even before we thought of going I-A - not as some desperate attempt to fraudulently meet the attendance requirement.
    EXACTLY! The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! We have been playing in Shreveport looooong before there was any attendance requirement. Add in that Shreveport is IN OUR OWN STATE!

nlu is grasping at straws. I don't even understand why they want to stay 1a. They have no success and have a program that comes in last in the worst conference in 1a.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    LBIM...

Actually, Tech playing a game in Shreveport is different. Shreveport is 65 MILES FROM TECH IN THE SAME STATE and Tech has been playing games there SINCE 1906.

As far as the News-Star goes, you are correct. It is the only paper with a dedicated Tech beat writer and Scott usually does an excellent job.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    45,000 Arkansas Fans
    5,000 ULM fans (that is being very generous)
    Hard to call that a home game for ULM
    Ask your players if they think it is a home game after playing it, and I am sure it will come up during recruiting.

I have a hard time calling a game when your fans are outnumber 10-1 a home game. Arkansas is including it in their season ticket package. IsULM including it in their season ticket package?

All that aside, Tech needs to worry about Tech and not ULM. If we live up to our potential ULM will be nothing more than an after thought when it comes to athletics in north Louisiana.

+ Reply to Thread