+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dont sell Utep short

UTEP is a legitimate threat to La. Tech for the last spot in C-USA. The school is definitely one that is on the way up with the football hiring and basketball.

Sure, Mike Price has baggage but recruits follow big names and one has already left UCLA for UTEP. Who has the bigger name Price or Bicknell.........no contest. Facilities will be factor as UTEP's facilities make Tech's look like a high class High school. UTEP also sold out a basketball game against La.Tech a school with a losing record. If you can sell that game out then you can sell out any game. Sold out games aid in netting t.v. deals. I can't remember the last football or basketball sell out at Tech. I did go to a baseball game in 99 against LSU that was sold out.

Don't sell UTEP short especially if they want to go.

I did not know that 10 wins and 9 losses equals a losing record.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar
    I disagree. The negative on UTEP is the distance factor. It's simply too far. Did you know that the distance from Orange, Tx, at the Louisiana border, to El Paso is 854 miles! Typically, that's a 2-day drive.

Also, Price hasn't done squat for UTEP yet. How many parents would let their son play for a coach like Price? You know he's a role model with the problems he's had. Sorry, but that has to factor into it. And how many Texas players want to play out in that barren wasteland that's so far removed from civilization? No, Mexico does not count!

I think La Tech has a really good chance to get the invite, with the real threat coming from Temple. If North Texas had a couple of more years of success under their belts at this point and time, I'd say your real threat would be coming from Denton.

Some day, La Tech and North Texas will be knocking heads in the same conference. I'd like nothing better. Then I could come on here a flame old HogDawg until he says "I give"!

Either way, good luck wherever you land.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    And how many Texas players want to play out in that barren wasteland that's so far removed from civilization?
    That was a topic of discussion on our row last night at the Techsters game against UTEP. Women's basketball may be the exception to the rule, but the UTEP roster read like the UN, with players from Poland, Lithuania, Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and Denmark.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    DeepGreen says:
    "Some day, La Tech and North Texas will be knocking heads in the same conference. I'd like nothing better. Then I could come on here a flame old HogDawg until he says "I give"! "

Fat chance on that one, DeepGreen. North Texas could win a national championship in football and baseball (I know, you don't have a team), and he'd still not say "I give". But, alas, that's all moot anyway 'cuz it ain't gonna happen!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    Then again, it could be right around the corner. Who the %@$# knows.

+ Reply to Thread