+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Louisiana wrong?

My question is this: Why is it wrong for ULM and Arkansas to play in Little Rock when Oklahoma and Texas play every year in Dallas on a rotational home and home basis. Norman is 190 miles from Dallas and Austiin is 196 miles from Dallas. The University of Louisiana is 199 miles from Little Rock and the University of Arkansas is 191 miles from Little Rock so Louisiana has done nothing wrong or new this has been going on for years and years. The University of Florida and The University of Georgia do the same thing every year on a rotational home and home basis, as do Army and Navy. So it appears to me that Louisiana is creating a border war rivalry with the University of Arkansas. To me it seems that Louisiana Tech and its fans are just upset that they are not able to have this border war.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    The answer--TRADITION.

Texas and Oklahoma have played in Dallas for years, as have Florida and Georgia in Jacksonville. Army and Navy rotate between neutral sites such as Philadelphia, Pasadena, East Rutherford, NJ.

I would love to see Tech and Arkansas play a home-and-home between Little Rock and Shreveport, but Arkansas would never agree to it. Playing a "home" game at a stadium where your opponent annually plays at least two of its home games, and having that game sold as part of that opponent's season ticket package is a totally different situation from Oklahoma-Texas or Florida-Georgia.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by the_truth
    To me it seems that Louisiana Tech and its fans are just upset that they are not able to have this border war.
    NO. We would just like to see the JUCO go away. You are a waste of Louisiana taxpayer's money. You belong in the Division III ranks or at best, the Southland Conference. Personally, I think of you guys the same way I do Delgado in New Orleans. Does that place still exist? BTW, what is your definition of "border war"? :lol:

Tradition has to start sometime. Why can't it start in 2004?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by the_truth
    Tradition has to start sometime. Why can't it start in 2004?
    Traditional games in football are normally played annually. Oklahoma-Nebraska has lost traditional status since the two schools were split into different Big 12 divisions and only play twice every four years.

Traditional games are also usually balanced. Oklahoma-Texas and Florida-Georgia (and even the old Tech-Northwestern State series in Shreveport) split the stadium in half. The only way ULM would fill its half of War Memorial Stadium would be with about 20,000 Hog fans.

cdawg
    What is this so-called "Univerity of Louisiana"?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    [glow=brown:8718802737]University of Louisiana at Monroe[/glow:8718802737]

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    [glow=brown:e366473ba6]University of Louisiana at Monroe[/glow:e366473ba6]
    I see the NLU capital improvements are right on schedule! The flamingo is new, isn't it?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Some Tech fans would be happy to see Northeast State College win a game in Little Rock if smart alecks don't come along to try to justify this obvious ploy to meet attendance standards.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    The title of this thread is a riot!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Some Tech fans would be happy to see Northeast State College win a game in Little Rock if smart alecks don't come along to try to justify this obvious ploy to meet attendance standards
    Not anyone that I know.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    I feel bad on knocking on ULM all the time, I shouldn't be like that towards them. ULM is a respectable school. (not)

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    I agree there should have been much more thought put into the thread title. This thread could go on for years with a title like that.

Feel free to start a lista nd I doubt there would be many duplicates either.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    The title of this thread is a riot!
    Tylertechsas

Man, thats the truth! I thought we had a thread going about politics...

anyway

"Louisiana" ( ) is wrong for the same reason Louisiana Tech would be wrong to go to Mississippi or New York and claim it a home game. It AIN'T HOME. "Louisiana" or Louisiana Tech should only be HOME when they at least play in, well, LOUISIANA. Am i missing something here??

Now our neighbors to the east are now posting that we're just jealous because we didn't think of it first. Yeah, that's it. 8O

This is too funny. Hey, more power to 'em. Go get 'em "Louisiana" woo-woo-woo!! :indianch: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    [glow=brown:54755ceb95]University of Louisiana at Monroe[/glow:54755ceb95]
    Man, that new fieldhouse they got over there sure is nice!

+ Reply to Thread