+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have ya"ll heard this? link

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    hmmm

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    I don't care if it's Pyonyang, Lumbasa and La. Tech. The travel costs wouldn't be that much more than the WAC. Just so long as we get in.

Actually, some MAC additions plus Tech would be a great deal for CUSA.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    I mentioned that possibility a few weeks ago but was told that was a very slim one.

It still makes sense. Why choose one when you can have all 3?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    EagleDon, frankly we've heard about everything. We've heard from what we consider real good sources that we have a very good chance of getting in.

We've read posts from fans of other CUSA schools that their real good sources say Louisiana Tech has been eliminated as a possibility.

And everything in between.

I like that idea (Miami, Toledo and LaTech). I hope it happens. I would think USM would probably be more in favor of that, since it would allow them to stay in the western division... USM, Tulane, Rice, Houston, Louisiana Tech, SMU & Tulsa in one division; Memphis, UAB, ECU, Marshall, UCF, Toledo & Miami in the other.

That looks like a conference with a lot of strength. The question is, would Toledo and Miami abandon the MAC? I have been thinking they would not, but lately signals out of Ohio seem to be changing.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    I hope Tech gets in, but I still think Temple will be given strong consideration simply because CUSA needs $ from Television contract and they can only get it from ESPN with a market Temple sits in. I think money talks at this point.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Chaney is NOT going to let it happen. At least that is what I am told.

Bama

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    I hope ESPN radio is correct!

On a slightly related topic, Louisiana Tech's desire to get in Conference USA is getting some publicity outside of Louisiana. The USA Today reported, "Louisiana Tech athletics director Jim Oakes said the school would like to move from the Western Athletic Conference to Conference USA, replacing TCU as C-USA's 12th member."

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice
    John Chaney is 72 years old and on track to miss the NCAA for the third straight year. His clout is fading.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkstfan
    John Chaney is 72 years old and on track to miss the NCAA for the third straight year. His clout is fading.
    It follows that the appeal of their men's bb program to C-USA should be fading.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    This is what I don't understand, killerdawg. Temple is losing ground. Their bball program is on the decline, not an incline. They have a losing record this year and barely a winning one last year. They have a name, but that is all it is. I think their coach knows it is really all over if they leave their present conference.

Their football is a big huge JOKE. No conference would want that. So, what is the appeal? They have a history and name in mbb. That is it. They have nothing else to offer.

I don't think that CUSA would go out on a limb with any type of arrangement just for that.

C110, you're using way too much logic.

Unless they have learned something from their earlier follies, C-USA will invite them simply because they're in Philly.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    True - one more big city with no more fans in the seats that what we have in Ruston.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    If Memphis is holding this thing up, then 3 is the way to get past it. You get votes from SMU, Rice, Tulsa, Tulane by inviting us and you get ECU, Marshall with the 2 MAC schools. UCF, UAB, Southern Miss okay with 3.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    then add utep too

west (5)
    utep
    tulsa
    smu
    rice
    houston

central (5)
    tech
    tulane
    memphis
    usm
    uab

east (5)
    ucf
    ecu
    marshall
    toledo
    miami, oh

i think 15 makes more sense than 14. 4 football games in you division 2 games each from the other 2 divisions. 8 basketball games in your division, 5 each from the other 2 divisions.

also, by moving to cusa, miami and toledo may be putting themselves in a position to join the big east next time they need new teams, maybe along with marshall and ecu, and it could keep memphis in cusa.

+ Reply to Thread