+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst President in History?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    The following appeared in a local paper as a letter to the editor.

Some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One person recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember. It was started by terrorists on 9/11. Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson
    turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has
    liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I thought it was Jimmy Carter. He had as little backbone as any "leader" I've ever followed. I surely wouldn't have wanted 9/11 to have occurred under his watch!

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
    In all fairness, I think that the order was:
    1. Japan attacks (a declaration of war). Sometime in August... I'm not good with dates...
    2. We declare war on Japan. (I think 6 months or so later)
    3. Axis powers (including germany) declare war as a collective with the United States. (In response to two)
    4. In response to the Axis powers' declaration, we declare war on them.

But I do get the point on the history of war and the hipocrisy of the left. It's fairly obvious that they expect more of us than they do of themselves.

But your point brings out a VERY GOOD statement about the history of war.

When the axis powers started land snatching, we stood aside. When they attacked our allies, we stood aside. The policy of what happens elsewhere in the world doesn't affect us then FAILED at Pearl Harbor. They had not "attacked us" yet, but our failure to act crippled our ability to respond.

Thanks for the post though. It's been thought provoking

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    WADR, FDR "itched" to get into WWII and Japan made it happen on December 7, 1941. The US had been involved in the Lend-Lease Program with Europe (especially the UK) since 1940 much to the chagrin of the isolationists.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    LBJ by far and there is no close second to him. America went backwards durings his presidency.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Bossdawg,

It's either LBJ or FDR. LBJ founded the welfare state, and FDR came up with so many early entitlement programs plus he "winked" while his administrations filled up with known communists. Of course, we all know who the greatest president of the last century was and history will treat him well when it comes to grading him as one of great (if not our greatest) presidents.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    WADR, FDR "itched" to get into WWII and Japan made it happen on December 7, 1941. The US had been involved in the Lend-Lease Program with Europe (especially the UK) since 1940 much to the chagrin of the isolationists.
    Hehe. I think I may have gone a little to history there for my own good. I can't even remember the correct month for the day that will live in infamy :-P :lol:

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Pop Ropp
    Dan Reneau

Pop Ropp is head-and-shoulders worse than anyone else. His most infamous quote: Why would an engineering school want a school of pharmacy?

Bulldog Bull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her gameBull619 is on top of his/her game
    No one has mentioned Bill Clinton. He carried him immoral values to new heights. How many children asked there parents about cigars and o//l sex? He also had opportunities to do something about Bin Laden, but didn't and 9/11 then came to pass. No body talks about Whitewater or the death ruled as a suicide ( Foster, I believe).

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Bill Clinton no doubt. At least we got him out of Arkansas, but his library will be open in a year or so. Can't wait for that. Maybe they'll have a section reserved for Clinton scandal tour.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I agree, Bill Clinton hands down. He set us up for 9-11, and he contributed greatly to the moral decay of our country. We have had worse as far as the economy goes (Jimmy Carter), but, none with the lasting impact as Bill. I don't think that it will even be shocking if the Kerry/intern story is true. I did hear this morning that Kerry's wife has made some comments about what she would do if her husband ever cheated on her. That could be the interesting story.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I don't think that it will even be shocking if the Kerry/intern story is true. I did hear this morning that Kerry's wife has made some comments about what she would do if her husband ever cheated on her. That could be the interesting story.
    CHOP CHOP! 8O

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

CHOP CHOP!
    Like I said, it could be very interesting.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    [quote:b572f1b9a0="TYLERTECHSAS"]FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
    In all fairness, I think that the order was:
    1. Japan attacks (a declaration of war). Sometime in August... I'm not good with dates...
    2. We declare war on Japan. (I think 6 months or so later)
    [/quote:b572f1b9a0]
    1. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor on the morning of December 7, 1941, BEFORE Japan's official written declaration of war on the U.S. was presented.
    2. U.S. declared war on Japan through congressional action on December 8, 1941.
    2a. Germany and Italy delcared war on the U.S. on December 11, 1941. U.S. reciprocates the same day.

+ Reply to Thread