+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Passion of the Christ

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    So, is it safe to assume that there will be a high percentage of folks here going to see the Passion?

For those of you that caught Diane Sawyer interviewing Mel Gibson tonight, it was pretty good, however, I would suggest that you catch the interview that Raymond Arroyo did with Mel on EWTN. I have heard that it will reair on Friday (not sure what time but my guess is 7pm central, but with the priest scandal stuff coming out World Over may be on that). It is about 45 minutes to an hour and the interview focuses on the film. It spends less time on the controversy.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I'm planning to see it next Friday. I heard that 25% of the tickets are sold for the scheduled showing dates in Baton Rouge on one of the local news shows today. I'd love it if its a great success and the movie makes a load of $$$ in spite of the worries over anti-semitism fears.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I hope it does well too. I think Hollywood needs to see that these type films have a huge audience begging for them to be made. I have read Catherine Emmerich's Passion (at least the crucifiction part, it is online if anyone is interested) and if he used any of the details from that to flesh out the Gospel account, which I have read that he has, then this movie will truly humble every one of us who call Christ our Lord. I have been anticipating this film for a long time and I am going in with an open heart and asking God to use this film to change me.

http://www.emmerich1.com/DOLOROUS_PA...SUS_CHRIST.htm

Of course this falls under the category of "private revelation" and all that entails. The part about the last supper is pretty neat as well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks for posting that link. I can not wait to see the film. I am going on opening night prior to a trip to Guatemala the next morning.

On a side note, I had a hard time watching Diane Sawyer and her interviewing of Mel Gibson similar to her interview of Bush. I see her as always being hyper critical and maybe just trying to be the next Barbara Wahwah only with a little vindictive "I'll catch them" streak. She gets old quick. On the other hand, I thought both did well in their interviews. There is no question that Gibson is being used by GOD in this endeavor. EXCELLENT!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I don't know if it is true or not, but I got an e-mail suggesting that people flood the theaters by the 28th to help determine the "hit" status. I hope this movie has the desired impact. Gibson certainly has put himself on the line for this. He invested $25 million for production and another 25 for advertising. I know our church has purchased 400 tickets already for people to see when it opens. I hope other churches will as well. It would be great for this to be a huge hit. This could impact peoples lives in a positive way.

I totally agree that this movie can impact lives in a positive way. I think it can impact society as a whole in a positive way. Nothing like an experience that leaves you humbled and broken before the cross. From everything I have read, that is what it intends to do.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I am going to see this movie, but I think I might have to wait until the crowds die down to see it.

I was excited to learn that James Caviezel plays the role of Jesus. This guy has been one of my favorite actors for a while now. Mel could not have cast this part any better.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    I'm with bitten. I was anxious about this movie, but I gotta wait until the hype dies down so I can get a middle seat...

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that link. I can not wait to see the film. I am going on opening night prior to a trip to Guatemala the next morning.
    Tyler,

What are you going to Guatemala for? I'm going to try to make a trip there this fall.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    Tyler,

What are you going to Guatemala for? I'm going to try to make a trip there this fall.
    My wife, middle son and myself are going on a 6 day mission trip, with a group from our church representing the Southern Baptist Mission Board (I believe) , to help the International Mission Board, their missionaries and their children in that part of Central America. Why are you headed way down south?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    My wife, middle son and myself are going on a 6 day mission trip, with a group from our church, to help the International Mission Board, their missionaries and their children in that part of Central America.
    Cool. I'm going to try to go down to work on a Compassion International trip. Mostly construction, but would also get to visit the little girl
    my wife and I sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    My wife, middle son and myself are going on a 6 day mission trip, with a group from our church, to help the International Mission Board, their missionaries and their children in that part of Central America.
    Cool. I'm going to try to go down to work on a Compassion International trip. Mostly construction, but would also get to visit the little girl
    my wife and I sponsor.
    Now that really sounds cool to see your sponsored girl. We will also do some work at an orphanage I understand. I know that one night we are staying in a place called the Arkansas House built my missionary builders from Arkansas, of course. Have you been there before? We will be in Antigua (sp?) and Guatemala City.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS

On a side note, I had a hard time watching Diane Sawyer and her interviewing of Mel Gibson similar to her interview of Bush. I see her as always being hyper critical and maybe just trying to be the next Barbara Wahwah only with a little vindictive "I'll catch them" streak. She gets old quick. On the other hand, I thought both did well in their interviews. There is no question that Gibson is being used by GOD in this endeavor. EXCELLENT!
    I did not have a hard time watching the interview because Gibson schooled her on numerous occasions. I thought he made her look down right foolish at times, but when you a blessed by God (which I think Gibson is) then defending yourself to your critics does not really have to be so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg

I did not have a hard time watching the interview because Gibson schooled her on numerous occasions. I thought he made her look down right foolish at times, but when you a blessed by God (which I think Gibson is) then defending yourself to your critics does not really have to be so hard.
    I agree!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar
    gibson's career hangs in the balance of whether its a "hit" or a "flop." Nothing but respect for that man. I pray that it starts a revival in this country.

+ Reply to Thread