+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More pictures from Aub

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    HOLY CRAP!!! They have a jumbotron at the BASEBALL field!

Notice the iron fences w/brick columns. I think I have heard about doing that somewhere. :roll:

Reddawg

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Oh, you're right - those fences are top notch looking. That SURE would look good in place of the chain link fences we have at JAS!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Notice the tailgating area outside the left-field fence. That will be full of people cooking and eating when warmer days come.
    The big screen scoreboard wasn't put up and working until just before the opening day. They plan to complete the whole frame with brick, etc.
    I believe Tech needs to get a big screen for football and then basketball and then baseball. But the decorative fencing is another huge expense that isn't nearly as exciting to the crowd or recruits as the state-of-the-art scoreboard itself. The game is on the field and the screen allows replays, etc. Anybody concerned about the fencing, etc., is missing the point of the GAME.
    Arkansas, remember, dominates its state as LSU does ours. Apparently, Arkansas will go to Ruston to play at Love next year for a three-game series and the relationship may continue in coming years. Playing before the home crowd will be an advantage and winning will still be up to the coaches and players regardless of whose home field is the most expensive. Love is already far superior to fields at many large colleges! We have nothing to be ashamed of. Getting corporate sponsors and getting people to the games are the major issues for now. I expect to see a good effort from our Dogs today. The sun is bright and the ice was already melting from my Labradors' water dishes by noon. The Bulldogs should feel a little more at home at Baum Stadium today.
    Remember, also, that Arkansas State hasn't played UA in any sport for years and nothing is in the immediate future. The northeast-Arkansas Indians are treated worse by the Hogs and any division I school in Louisiana is treated by LSU.
    A couple of my ASU friends from work will be at today's Tech/UA game wearing Bulldog pride pins! They want to see a Dawg victory in the Hawg's pen as much as any of us do. Both of them covered Tech/ASU sports a lot in the past before moving across the state to work in our sports department.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I hope EJ has time to post a few more photos today. I expect Lauren will build us a Tech in Fayetteville photo album later this week.
    Enjoy! Forget the score. They will get betta!

Lauren has the album with a whole bunch of fans and players and coaches pictured on the Web site below. The photos aren't as large as the ones that EJ posted on another thread here to reduce memory requirements to open the albums.
    If someone asks for a higher-resolution version of a particular photo, I will email it. First, however, see how the shot looks and expands when dragged to your desk top. You may not need a larger version.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Good bunch of photos, Aub. You're getting to be quite the professional!!! Gonna give Tmo a run for his money!

TD
    ~~

Tmo would have had all the game action up close and personal if he had been here. I am just trying to offer a feel for being at Tech games, something very different from a sports photographer's coverage of all the big moments. It was a thrill to have the Dawgs playing up here, regardless of the score.
    I hope I can go to Ruston next year for at least one game when the Razorbacks return the series!

+ Reply to Thread