+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: louisiana state university

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I knew that would get your attention. Saw this on the lsu board and thought it funny. Hey Reddawg, this post is for you:

I got a couple of tickets last night from a friend of mine that
    were located across from the student section (normally I sit
    in the upper level or in the student section). After attending
    the game at that spot, I can understand why nobody goes to
    the games. Geriatrics and little kids were the only people
    around as far as the eye could see...That really wouldn't be
    so bad, except that any time I made any noise, or stood up
    to cheer, about 20 sets of eyes were on me as if to
    say "What are you doing?". I would have sworn I was at a
    funeral instead of a bball game. If they ever want fanny's in
    those seats they really need to do something about who sits
    there and get some fresh blood in these seats. These are the
    same people who never show up anyway, so would they really
    miss those seats?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    I knew that would get your attention. Saw this on the lsu board and thought it funny. Hey Reddawg, this post is for you:

I got a couple of tickets last night from a friend of mine that
    were located across from the student section (normally I sit
    in the upper level or in the student section). After attending
    the game at that spot, I can understand why nobody goes to
    the games. Geriatrics and little kids were the only people
    around as far as the eye could see...That really wouldn't be
    so bad, except that any time I made any noise, or stood up
    to cheer, about 20 sets of eyes were on me as if to
    say "What are you doing?". I would have sworn I was at a
    funeral instead of a bball game. If they ever want fanny's in
    those seats they really need to do something about who sits
    there and get some fresh blood in these seats. These are the
    same people who never show up anyway, so would they really
    miss those seats?

That really sounds more like a post that YOU need to let sink in!!!
    ie BORING ATMOSPHERE = NO FANS .....GET IT :wink:

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I'm still trying to find this mythical place that you continue to speak of . . . . . it doesn't exist GET IT?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    I'm still trying to find this mythical place that you continue to speak of . . . . . it doesn't exist GET IT?
    Guess you didn't make the away game on Nov. 1 2003...

Look we will always disagree on this, but I wanted to share something with you. I was talking with one of OUR coaches (not football, but a major sport) the other day and one of his major complaints about Tech was the lack of passion by the FANS. He said nobody even cares if we loose and we (the fans) have a very apathetic attitude about our sports. It was very disharting to hear a coach talking about this. He said he WANTED the fans to put more pressure on them to win and not be happy with losing.

Like I said, we will always disagree and thats fine with me. I know that I do more good for Tech day in and day out than the "harm" my yelling and standing may do by annoying you and thats all that matters to me.

Brennan

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    We don't want to grow any more generations of "fans" like the ones we've had in the past. I'm with Reddawg.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    There are a lot of "fans" that are like the guy that called into a radio sports talk show a few years ago.

Said he had last been to a Tech football game in '77 and had not gone to another one since. His reason: Fans just "sat on their hands and wouldn't cheer their team on."

We've all heard this before and, yes, it would be great if everybody - even the "blue hairs" - stood up and cheered the entire game like the soccer fans do in Europe. But if you fit in the same category with this guy - looking for an excuse NOT to support Tech athletics - you don't have any right to criticize those who, at least, buy a ticket and show up.

I remember when people use to say that the North Carolina fans at basketball games were wine and cheese crowd. If there is anything that MD did was to get the student body closer to the court and enlist his own crew to be loud. This really helped the image of the crowd. I say this because his second year they didn't win much and fans still came out. A buddy of mine sold his season tickets mid way to his neighbor because he was next to kids. He has since reloucated to the other side of the endzone area. Maybe there is a way to get more people in those seats. To make it the "IN" thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    But if you fit in the same category with this guy - looking for an excuse NOT to support Tech athletics - you don't have any right to criticize those who, at least, buy a ticket and show up.
    Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I have had 4 season tickets for 7 years (since graduation) and have missed 1 home game(for my wedding) in that time. I don't plan on renewing my season tickets this year because of the coaching situation, but I have purchased a baseball season pass instead.

Reddawg

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    [quote:2bf7ddc044="Choudawg86"]I'm still trying to find this mythical place that you continue to speak of . . . . . it doesn't exist GET IT?
    Guess you didn't make the away game on Nov. 1 2003...

Look we will always disagree on this, but I wanted to share something with you. I was talking with one of OUR coaches (not football, but a major sport) the other day and one of his major complaints about Tech was the lack of passion by the FANS. He said nobody even cares if we loose and we (the fans) have a very apathetic attitude about our sports. It was very disharting to hear a coach talking about this. He said he WANTED the fans to put more pressure on them to win and not be happy with losing.

Like I said, we will always disagree and thats fine with me. I know that I do more good for Tech day in and day out than the "harm" my yelling and standing may do by annoying you and thats all that matters to me.

Brennan[/quote:2bf7ddc044]

Reddawg,
    Why on earth would we put so much heartfelt passion into wanting a coach gone when we're just left hoping at the altar. Keeping Bicknell despite the most pitiful of pitiful performances just really crushed my hope for moving on to higher places in athletics...and not just in football.

Its not very easy!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm embarrassed right now to talk about "fans on hands". Redstick DAWGS, do you realize we could have made an event out of the tennis team, and now the softball team's appearances here in BTR? The Techster softball team playing in the LSU tourney this weekend could have been a great occasion to congregate, tailgate and participate. Sorry we didn't see this opportunity and plan accordingly. It just stayed below the screen, or just for DFM, it was a stealth venture.
    DANG! One more opportunity, tonight @ 7:00, but I can't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE
    I'm embarrassed right now to talk about "fans on hands". Redstick DAWGS, do you realize we could have made an event out of the tennis team, and now the softball team's appearances here in BTR? The Techster softball team playing in the LSU tourney this weekend could have been a great occasion to congregate, tailgate and participate. Sorry we didn't see this opportunity and plan accordingly. It just stayed below the screen, or just for DFM, it was a stealth venture.
    I agree BLUE!!

However, I new nothing of the softball tourney. How hard would it have been for any of the Tech contacts to call/email us about this to see if we could show up. That's all they had to do for the recruit we went to see. They know we are down here and I have been asking for a year now "Let us know if we can do anything from down here". This is a perfect example of what these remote CHAMPS chapters should and could be doing.

Reddawg

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I did go to the tennis match, but I didn't really hear anything about the softball thing until today. The softball team was in Lafayette last weekend and I didn't know about that until after the fact either.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    I think there is a pretty good possibility of the Techsters playing in the Baton Rouge sub-regional next month...we gotta' keep our eyes on that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    [quote:4f5482c3e7="OLDBLUE"]I'm embarrassed right now to talk about "fans on hands". Redstick DAWGS, do you realize we could have made an event out of the tennis team, and now the softball team's appearances here in BTR? The Techster softball team playing in the LSU tourney this weekend could have been a great occasion to congregate, tailgate and participate. Sorry we didn't see this opportunity and plan accordingly. It just stayed below the screen, or just for DFM, it was a stealth venture.
    I agree BLUE!!

However, I new nothing of the softball tourney. How hard would it have been for any of the Tech contacts to call/email us about this to see if we could show up. That's all they had to do for the recruit we went to see. They know we are down here and I have been asking for a year now "Let us know if we can do anything from down here". This is a perfect example of what these remote CHAMPS chapters should and could be doing.

Reddawg[/quote:4f5482c3e7]

You guys or either liberals or state employees... Can't you just step up and say "I'm too lazy to look at the schedule!" No one is responsible for contacting you to inform you of a game in Baton Rouge.

Oh yeah... just in case you guys haven't heard -- our football team is playing in Baton Rouge in 2007. Maybe you should write it on your calender now -- or, better yet... maybe we can get JO to call you the Friday night before the game and remind you.

Here's a link to the softball schedule...

http://www.latechsports.com/schedule...sport=softball

The other sports are there as well.

"Some people think by the inch, talk by the yard, and ought to be moved by the foot."

+ Reply to Thread