OK people, I've finially gotten off my a$$ to contribute to the maddness that is Tech verses the C-USA! but first a little history.....
I have to confess, being from South Carolina, before 1997 I had never heard of Louisiana Tech University. I acutally stumbled across it through an advisor I had at a previous school I was attending in SC, so my world at that time had basically consisted of schools in the ACC. I graduated in 99 from LTU and had a blast watching the Rattay/Edwards hook up in my time there and becoming a huge Tech fan in the process. I really believe that LTU is a jewel of an institution and possesses nothing but potential and I love to just brag about it to my coworkers and fellow employees, (especially since I'm in Tuscaloosa, AL home of the Crimson Tide....LOL!!!) Anywho, this C-USA opportunity is just to good to get left behind on, I mean if we need to bribe, lets get busy doing it!!!! I read the previous post on attendance and I was embarrassed to say the least!!! To be honest, upon reflection, I'm not sure what the move to the WAC did for us, I mean at least if you don't focus on the Humat. Bowl as a reason and remember as an Indy we had atleast 6 games or so that where geographically able to bring rivalry schools and double the attendance, but now when you have Tech vs Hawaii or basically the entire WAC you lose the visiting crowd and depend solely on the Home team to bring fans. CUSA is full of schools that I guarantee will spark interest and just plain old competition between schools. I have to say if this CUSA doesn't work, maybe going to Indy status for a few more years would be our only option to at least save us from losing Div 1-A status and getting bad press......Oh-yea and to having a few 9-2 or 8-3 seasons would be nice too!!!!
Just my 2-cents worth!!!
CYA :lol: