+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Another View

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Otherwise, I think Louisiana Tech should give CUSA a hard deadline (say, March 15th) to issue and invitation or Louisiana Tech will be WITHDRAWING its name from consideration (publically).

HD
    I totally agree, HD.

It's kinda like telling a good-looking woman that you're breaking up with her. You know you're gonna miss her body an hour after she's gone, but, on the other hand, you're tired of her screwing you over.

On second thought, maybe it's not a good idea.

No, it is a good idea.

I need to think about it some more.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    :P

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderPride
    Dewayne from Minden,

The Sun Belt does in fact outrank the WAC in women's basketball. The Sun Belt RPI rating is ranked 10th while the WAC is 15th.

Also the tennis and track teams are very solid and has several nationally ranked teams such as Middle Tennessee, South Alabama, and Troy State.
    What about basket weaving?

Face the fact that the Sun Belt is a joke of a conference.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    How do the Sunbelt bowling teams stack up?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    How do the Sunbelt bowling teams stack up?
    I think we just added one ops: .

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I know.

GOTCHA!

What about basket weaving?

Face the fact that the Sun Belt is a joke of a conference.
    For crying out loud, dude. All you know is what you see in three years of the Sun Belt AND ONLY IN FOOTBALL. You guys haven't even given the Sun Belt a chance. You haven't even seen the Sun Belt in other sports except for maybe men's basketball which is the only sport other than football that the WAC can claim any superiority in?

Even with La Tech Lady Techsters, the WAC still ranked behind the Sun Belt in women's basketball RPI rating as I mentioned before.

Baseball, softball, and all the other sports you and a very few select La Tech fans don't care about can still garner national exposure for those schools in the Sun Belt which consequently had a higher RPI rating in both of those sports at the end of last season.

Oh yes, and did you know that Louisiana-Monroe's Cheerleader squad won a NCAA national title this year?

Granted, it's cheerleading, but it's one more NCAA-recognized national championship that ULM will have that La Tech won't.

It is so mind-boggling your hatred for the Sun Belt when the only reason you hate the Sun Belt is because you want to, not because you have a legitimate reason!

BlueRaiderPride,

The hatred some have toward the Sun Belt is more about being in the same conference with UL-Monroe. Kick the JuCo out and the Belt becomes a viable option. Let's face it... who's going to draw more in Ruston? ULL, North Texas, Ark St, and MTSU or UTEP, Nevada, and San Jose? I think I can count on one hand the number of fans those schools bring to Ruston.

The fact is we can't survive in the WAC... if we could we would stay there. It IS a better football conference than CUSA ... by far. We want CUSA, but if we don't get in... the Belt is the only viable option. Southland? Please, we're not going AA... Indy? In the days of 12 team super conferences with 8 league games, who are we going to play? AND, if we can schedule teams, who do you think is going to come to Ruston?

Keep that in mind...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    The main question with the Sun Belt--will it still be a Division I-A conference in 2005? If Florida Atlantic and Florida International both fail to reach the 15,000 home attendance requirement in 2004, the SBC will only have six I-A all-sports members on August 1, 2005, when it will take eight I-A all-sports members to be a Division I-A conference.

That's one reason I think Tech will likely stay in the WAC through the 2005-2006 school year over rejoining the SBC if C-USA doesn't come calling. I don't believe Tech will be looking to rejoin the Sun Belt if the SBC can't possibly meet the Division I-A conference criteria even with Tech included. Other options might still be available for Tech, and a premature retreat (not a slam at the SBC, just fact if you go back the way you came) could limit or eliminate those other options.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    All this discussion about the SunBelch? That conference serves only one function-

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderPride
    Oh yes, and did you know that Louisiana-Monroe's Cheerleader squad won a NCAA national title this year?
    I didn't know that. Obviously you didn't either since cheerleading championships are not sponsored or conducted by the NCAA.

There are several different cheerleading "national" championships, but all are run by the various cheerleading/dance organizations which have no NCAA connection.

If you are trying to debate any conference comparisons made on this board, stick to sports sponsored by those conferences and those that have championships conducted by the NCAA.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Oh FriscoDawg, you don't want to discuss football? You said you want to "stick to sports sponsired by those conferences and those that have championships conducted by the NCAA". Last I checked, football doesn't meet the "and" in your criteria... wish it did though.

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar
    BlueRaiderPride wrote:

As Paul Harvey so often says "Now for the rest of the story" --

There were only 4 schools in their division which was not conducted by the NCAA, but the Universal Cheerleaders Association. The Northeast Cheerleaders participated in the small school division. Louisiana Tech competed in the large school division and I believe were ranked 5th going into the finals.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    markay - Good observation for such an ungodly hour :P How do you think straight at that time of day?

+ Reply to Thread