+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today's game...Anyone going?

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    Hey all!

Just curious whether any of you folks will be traveling to the Lady Techsters game vs. SMU today...

We're planning on heading over from Tyler.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    It was good to see the Lady Techsters win at SMU today. However, we really need work on our defensive intensity. SMU was given waaaay too many wide open 3-point shots (nobody within 5+ feet of the shooter).

Keep posting the "W"s LA Tech!

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Sooooooo... what was the score???????

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    89 - 79 I believe was the final.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    89-79 was the final score in Tech's win over SMU. But that was Tech's biggest lead of the second half or really for most of the game!
    It was a frightening experience even on the radio. In addition to defensive problems and a few silly turnovers, the women lost their cool and started missing easy shots. That was good for them to experience now. If they fall apart that way in a tournament game they may be unable to recover quickly. I expect Tulsa to give them another tough game in Ruston. Wish I could be there!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    Another good thing about the game was the turnout for the Techsters. On one side of the arena, it was nearly all Tech fans, and there were plenty of Tech fans on the other side as well. If there were 1,500 at the game, 500 were Tech fans. Tierson was BIG in the game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I sure wish our home date with Rice was on a Saturday. I am trying like the dickens to clear my calendar so I can be there. Complicating matters is my wife will be out of town, and that means I'll have the lil girl. Not so sure she needs to be getting home so late on a school night. We'll see.

As for the game, both teams are 13-1 right now. Not since we fought off Western Kentucky have the Techsters been pressed to win the regular season conference title like this. When's the last time we didn't win the regular season crown? Probably during those lean years of the early '90's.

I hope, and kind of expect, the Techsters to pull away from Rice late in that game. But, ya just never know. Rice is playing with a lot of confidence right now. Should be a good one.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    If our guards don't score from the outside, it will be a ballgame.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Tough it out and win the conference title and tournament!

Any report on Crain?

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    I'm a little late, but I had to leave at 8am Sat. to get to the game on time. We're just back. Overall the Techsters played pretty well. What kept the game close were

1. TC went out with a stinger in the shoulder just a few minutes into action. A stocky Smu'er - White - smashed her with a moving screen. Tasha had already hit a three (we we're 1 for 5) and would have held White to a bucket or two. As it were White scored 24.

2. Amber had a bad shooting day. She got her shot, but it just wasn't dropping. She did get a couple of crucial baskets at the end. Barkus made a few impressive moves to the bucket but wasn't quite able to finish.

3. We had a few unforced turnovers.

4. We really only played 5 or 6 gals significant minutes. Shan played several minutes and did fine when she was in. Tamika came in for 2 or 3 minutes when Trina got in foul trouble. Thompson only played a couple of minutes. Ray-Boyd didn't enter. I was really surprised about that.

5. SMU hit a number of threes that we're at least 5 ft if not 10 behind the line. They also hit a lot of 12-15 ft. jumpers.

6. A couple of bad calls really hurt. On one play White carried the ball twice and then converted on an old fashioned three. On another Lakiste was slapped and shoved hard two or three times with no call. She retallliated with an elbow and was T'd up.

Trina had her best game since Michigan her Freshman year. She knocked down 20 in the first half alone. Misha played well and must have had 10 layups. I don't think we could have won without the play of Smith. She left it all on the court and made things happen when the others we're too tired to play effectively. She went after loose balls with a vengeance and drove to the basket on several occassions when SMU managed to defend Catrina and Misha. We probably should have defended better in stretches, but the girls played a lot of minutes and SMU isn't a bad team. They have some offense. I think they had won 5 of their last 6.

On SMU's post game radio they said that Frierson was a better all around player than Ford. She really did demoralize them.

In my opinion we have a shot at beating some top ten teams in the tournament, but to do it we're going to have to create opportunities with our defense. If you saw the first half of the Hawaii game in Ruston you know what I'm talking about.

It seems like the lanes on 635 get narrower every year.

Is Crain going to be back in action this week?

+ Reply to Thread