+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remaining Home Games

This is my first official post on the BB&B! I feel like I should schedule a press conference for this great news. I figured if I'm going to be a Louisiana Tech Bulldog fan I should support them by posting on the board. I went to the Tech/SMU game earlier this year, and I really enjoyed watching a very inspired Bulldog team win. I also enjoyed having supper after the game with some fellow Bulldog alums.(which I want to thank again) I really think with enough fan support we can win these last three home games.(even against first place UTEP who is .500 on the road) I want to encourage everyone to not just show up but also cheer at these last few home games and bring a friend, too. After all, we will have to wait 8 months to see Millsap & the Dawgs play again!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Welcome! Good post and points!

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Classes resume Thursday, so we should have a little better "crowd" for the UTEP game.

We are averaging 2,037 (announced) this season in the TAC, which puts us 9th in the WAC. Only SJSU has worse attendance for men's basketball in the WAC.

Of course, that's not just a WAC anomaly; eight Sun Belt teams have better home attendance numbers than us for men's basketball this season.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1972
    Classes resume Thursday, so we should have a little better "crowd" for the UTEP game.

We are averaging 2,037 (announced) this season in the TAC, which puts us 9th in the WAC. Only SJSU has worse attendance for men's basketball in the WAC.

Of course, that's not just a WAC anomaly; eight Sun Belt teams have better home attendance numbers than us for men's basketball this season.
    I just don't understand the attendance problems. I LOVE watching Paul Millsap and the Dawgs. North Louisiana fans don't know how good they've got it.

HD

That was great to watch the dawgs comeback and beat the ponies in overtime. I guess that's 1 down and 2 to go for the last home games of the year. Pac the Tac thursday night as we play a very good UTEP team. Should be a good one.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I just don't understand the attendance problems. I LOVE watching Paul Millsap and the Dawgs. North Louisiana fans don't know how good they've got it.

HD
    No truer words have been spoken by you on any subject -

They didn't know what they had when Karl Malone was here -

They didn't know what they had when Randy White was here -

They didn't know what they had when PJ Brown was here -

They didn't know what they had when Lonnie Cooper was here -

They didn't know what they had when Gerrod Henderson was here -

And they sure don't know what they have right NOW with Millsap -

And it is all of North LA where any type of basketball is concerned -

Don't be mislead by the Techster attendance #'s - there aren't that many more in attednace than there is for Dawg's games -

Pitiful for a team ranked as high as they are...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Its my belief that the problem revolves around an "identity" crisis in North Louisiana. People are so insecure that they won't sell out to the home team because it might make them appear "small time". They try to maintain vicarious attachments with the Dukes and Kentuckys and LSUs and other big name programs that couldn't care less about their existance. Its really pathetic. As for me and most of ya'll, we've staked a claim in the Dawgs: such an investment creates a type of ownership which leads to loyalty.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    Its my belief that the problem revolves around an "identity" crisis in North Louisiana.
    AMEN! This is very SAD but very true! We have talked about this problem at length on this board. It can be easily observed more so by fellow DAWGS that live further away from N.Louisisna. There is a HUGE IDENTITY CRISIS at this point in time and probably will be forever. In all honesty, it is rather sickening! ops: If the good folks in N.La could only see how silly they looked chasing after other cultural identities, instead of embracing their own, they would be ill.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    boxerdog - Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. I think a big part of the lack of identity in north La. is the fact that the media slobbers all over themselves and each other trying to cover that school in south La. A prime example of how the media affects the public is that I am becoming a New Orleans Voodoo fan in the AFL. Why. Because that is who I get to watch every Sunday.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Voodoo football? Is that working out any better than voodoo economics?

Voodoo now 3-0!

AUB, "Voodoo economics" gave Klinton his 8 year run! Klinton should receive none of the KUDO's for the economic growth during his term.

I hope a good number of people show up for tonight's game vs. UTEP. I didn't feel that buzz around campus today since we are playing against FIRST PLACE UTEP! I guess it is finals week. If we win tonight that would be a huge boost of confidence because I think we can make a run in the tourney and maybe do a little dancing. Call me crazy but we do have some guy on our team named Paul Millsap who will be on several all freshman lists at the end of the year. And if we can get everyone playing well together than we can do some damage. Pac the Tac and beat the miners! Go Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar
    Well....

I just listened to the Miner Game Day on the Miner Radio network. The good thing is their radio guys were VERY gracious saying how BIG of a win it was for them. They must have said it 15 times in the second half. UTEP is good. I think we will be ok in the future!

GO DAWGS!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    Very disappointing crowd for the best of the WAC though. I was impressed that UTEP brought their cheerleaders and a small/loud contingent of fans. BTW Brad, Big Billy and I have enjoyed your old seats - now Killer and Mrs Killer's seats - this season. Billy says we just need to get Killer to leave the tickets for us too at the truck stop :P

+ Reply to Thread