+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which constitutional amendment?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    [quote:f6ef79f9dc="DCDAWG"]Fauntleroy Doctrine. I don't have a shop-vac handy to dust off that one. Regardless, a constitutional amendment could be overturned too. And the sky could fall.
    Are voting rights for women and minorities also "special privileges" for a "discrete" segment of society? I guess it boils down to whether you think gay people are born that way, or whether you think it's a lifestyle choice. If homosexuality is found to be a genetic condition, then this becomes a matter of civil rights.
    I personally can't imagine anyone wanting to be an societal outcast or being able to teach him or herself to be attracted to same sex if they originally weren't.
    I was born a sinner myself, but in order to live in society I refrain from stealing, killing, etc. just to get along better in society. We all have propensities for sin, but it doesn't mean we should force our weaknesses on others as normal. Bring on the amendment![/quote:f6ef79f9dc]

Exactly, Maybe i was born with a gene to kill, that means society can excuse my murderous ways because I was born like that, and any who oppose me would be standing in the way of my civil liberties, so let the killing begin.

By the way does any one really think that a gay couple with children will not have any repurcussions on that child Please! Litlle johnny is at school and people ask who mommy and daddy is. Mommy what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Exactly, Maybe i was born with a gene to kill, that means society can excuse my murderous ways because I was born like that, and any who oppose me would be standing in the way of my civil liberties, so let the killing begin.

By the way does any one really think that a gay couple with children will not have any repurcussions on that child Please! Litlle johnny is at school and people ask who mommy and daddy is. Mommy what is that?
    If you were born with a gene to kill, then you would kill. However, killing infringes on the basic rights of others, especially the rights of the person you kill.

Gay marriage does not infringe on anyone's rights. It's not going to hurt you in any way if two guys get married. I've noticed that republicans like to deal with problems by pretending they dont exist, since that is the easiest thing for them to do. By banning gay marriage, John Q Republican doesnt ever have face the fact that homosexuality even exists.

So, gene to kill = infringes on others rights. Gene for being gay = does not infringe on other's rights.

To bring up a comparison, restricting gay marriage is just like segregation. By not allowing them to marry, you are basically asserting that gays are not normal citizens, and therefore not deserving of normal rights. Same thing happened to African Americans- it's not their choice to be black, however they were viewed as second class citizens.

So, homosexuals have as much control over being gay as Michael Jordan has over being black. Being gay or being black does not infringe on rights of others, and therefore, anyone belonging to those two groups deserves the same rights as everyone.

And comparing that to a gene for killing is completely, utterly ridiculous. And you know it.

(And I've already adressed the argument about family environment. There are plenty of "normal" marriage households that produce messed up kids.)

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Why don't you ask the innocent vacationers that have planned for years for their trip to Disney only to do on "gay days" if their rights have been infringed upon. If I have kids I don't won't them exposed to that, and I would have to head for home...not exposing them to that immorality. I can't stand to see it in isolated instances just around. Its offensive because it IS biblically the equivolent of any of the sin that most people try to refrain from showing to others.

But what if they arent Christian? Why should they be bound by the laws of your religion? If religious morality is your main reasoning, it doesnt hold up.

Say, what if you went to Disney World on Black Power Day? Just because there was a disproportionately larger amount of AfricanAmericans, would you leave? I mean, you wouldnt want your kids to start listening to rap, or talking and dressing like that, would you? Or, what if you went during a Jewish conevention? Jews dont follow the same religious laws as you. If they're not accepting Jesus as their savior, then doesnt that mean they're going to Hell, as well? Would you want your kids around Hell-Bound Jews? Wouldnt you be afraid that your kid would all of a sudden stop eating ham? Well, if you're not worried about your kid becoming a street thug, or a rabbi, just by being around blacks or jews, why are you worried that he'll turn gay around gays? It's not like they're annoyingly trying to recruit people to be just like them (like some groups).

See? The issue here isnt that it's a sin in Christianity, or that your kids might "Catch the Gay". The issue is that, as Americans, they deserve the right to marry whoever they want, just as we do.

Oh, and if you think it's our Constitutional right to go to DisneyWorld... can I have some of what you're smoking? Claiming that your rights are being infringed by gay day at Disney, is like claiming that your rights are being infringed because Will & Grace was on when you turned on your TV.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker
    ........I've noticed that republicans like to deal with problems by pretending they dont exist, since that is the easiest thing for them to do......
    Dang!!! Doesn't that sound just like the Democrats and all other liberals when talking about WMD's in Iraq? :lol: You just juiced yourself, daybreaker. You must be one of those Bozo Heads! :twisted:

By the way, I agree with you - gays are not "normal citizens". They're just about as abnormal as you can get!!!!!

TD
    ~~

I never said gays weren't normal people. My point was that if you believe that they arent, then you're no better than someone who believes that blacks and women shouldnt be allowed to vote. But if this magical fantasy world you're living in is working out better for you than reading for comprehension and common sense, then go for it.

As for your potshot at Democrats, they werent ignoring WMDs- there was an active search for them by UN weapons inspectors. And while WMDs still havent been confirmed, homosexuals are very real, and will not go away just because they are not allowed to marry. This is an issue that will always be present until they are recognized as regular citizens (as they should be).

Oh, and what about goth kids? They're pretty freaking abnormal, too. But I dont see any Healthy Family Initiatives outlawing wearing black clothing and reading Anne Rice. You're just going to have to accept it that gays are people too, and they deserve the same rights.

I'm not saying you have to like the fact that they're gay. It's certainly not my type of thing. But they have every right to be that way, and deserve to be treated fairly.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Our basis for all of our laws was Judeo-Christian and you cannot get away from the fact that our moral values in society had its roots there as well. If I go to a Jewish Convention I can expect that I will be outnumbered (and actually I did stay in a hotel where this was the case while they were playing host to a Jewish history convention). I was not offended. There was no in your face I don't care what you think on their part or mine. When you've got two men (or women) acting out in public what should be private bedroom behavior in front of whoever, it IS NOT the same thing. Most parents (Christian or not) try to avoid exposing their children to bedroom behavior of couples of any sexual persuasion. I've rarely ran into heterosexual couples that felt the need to act so inappropriately in public.

You certainly don't understand the difference between in your face exposure that imposes on my space and a tv show. I've never watched Will and Grace and I won't. I can turn that off without personal financial consequences. If I go to Disney having invested a significant sum to get there and have my vacation ruined, they have bitten me personally with their immorality - 'cuz while staying it can not be just turned off.

If the law of our land becomes whatever any individual wants reigns above the common good, then we're headed for disaster in our land.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    'I've rarely ran into heterosexual couples that felt the need to act so inappropriately in public."--Markay714

I am going to stay out of this debate for either side, but I really have to ask you, "have you personally witnessed inappropriate acts in public by two gay people?"

Other than Gay Parades that I see clips of on TV, I can honestly say that I haven't seen anything inappropriate from gays in public. Of course Heterosexual folks act a little inappropriate during Mardi Gras. So what is the difference?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Our basis for all of our laws was Judeo-Christian and you cannot get away from the fact that our moral values in society had its roots there as well. If I go to a Jewish Convention I can expect that I will be outnumbered (and actually I did stay in a hotel where this was the case while they were playing host to a Jewish history convention). I was not offended. There was no in your face I don't care what you think on their part or mine. When you've got two men (or women) acting out in public what should be private bedroom behavior in front of whoever, it IS NOT the same thing. Most parents (Christian or not) try to avoid exposing their children to bedroom behavior of couples of any sexual persuasion. I've rarely ran into heterosexual couples that felt the need to act so inappropriately in public.

You certainly don't understand the difference between in your face exposure that imposes on my space and a tv show. I've never watched Will and Grace and I won't. I can turn that off without personal financial consequences. If I go to Disney having invested a significant sum to get there and have my vacation ruined, they have bitten me personally with their immorality - 'cuz while staying it can not be just turned off.

If the law of our land becomes whatever any individual wants reigns above the common good, then we're headed for disaster in our land.
    :wall: Call ahead!! In order to attract these publicly fornicating queers I'm sure Disney advertises Gay Day well in advance.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Well, in fact they did to the target audience. However, they refrain from letting other visitors in on the festivities unless specifically asked.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Very good. So we all know: To avoid seeing Mickey in leather asspants, call ahead and ask specifically ask about it.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar
    Kerry's and Edwards' positions on not approving of gay marriages but leaving gay marriage to be a state decision makes no sense at all!! Cailifornia state law says that gay couples can't marry, but SF is allowing it and a the liberal California judges will rule that SF does not have to stop because the state law is unconstitutional! So no matter what the state lawmakers decide, the judges are the final lawmaker unless the constitution is changed.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Well, in fact they did to the target audience. However, they refrain from letting other visitors in on the festivities unless specifically asked.
    A good friend of mine was not aware of the gay days at Disney. She and her family went to Disney only to be in the minority. She had a great time explaining to her children about why those 2 men were kissing and grabbing each other in front of everybody. I don't think that the average joe knows that it is designated as gay week at Disney when they plan thier vacation. I think it is only advertised within the gay community.

+ Reply to Thread