+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passion of the Christ

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Who has seen it and what are your impressions, etc...?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Saw it last night. I honestly was NOT looking forward to seeing it. I did not want to see the reality of what I put my Lord through because of my sin. But I felt that i should see it. The violence is pretty brutal, espescially the flogging suffered at the hands of the Romans. I guess in total running time, there were not as many minutes of real brutality as I was expecting,(maybe 20-30 min, but you see the result of that brutality for the rest of the movie) but what was there was heart renching. I would definietly say under 10 should wait till they are older and think twice about taking anyone in the 10-14 age range (depending on maturuity). As far as cinematography. I thought is was well done. But its hard to think about that while watching the movie.

I heard it's very good. I'll be seeing it either tonight or tomorrow. I'm glad Mel did this, because the seriousness of Jesus's sacrifice is lost when displayed in the form of, say, a musical. There's just something about singing and dancing that doesnt quite convey "I died for your sins"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I saw it tonite. It's powerful...awesome.

I noticed this movie-going audience was different from the typical one. Very little chatting before, and NONE during, the film. People were spellbound by it.

Powerful.

+ Reply to Thread