View Poll Results: Has the Cafeteria gotten a lot worse this year?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 75.00%
  • No

5 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Really Bad Cafeteria Food

Puppy dawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around heredawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around here
    Has anyone else noticed a drastic decline in cafeteria food quality this year? I'm a Jr. and the cafeteria was much better my freshman year, even though it was not all that great then.

BTW, Toliver is a waste of my time and money. Taco Bell is worth the walk.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    as my uncle used to say, "many complain about the food, but few lose any weight from not eating it"

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    as my uncle used to say, "many complain about the food, but few lose any weight from not eating it"
    I don't know Chou, when I left Tech, I weighed 180 pounds. That was from eating at Wilson's. Now I weigh ... well ... more.

Puppy TexasBulldog is an unknown
    I agree Dawgfighter, the Aramark food has gotten worse over the last year. It seems like it's gone down hill ever since Tolliver open. The quality and variety of food has vastly dropped.

And since you've open this can of worms, I know that Tolliver is a great building and a great place to hang out and study, but what's up w/ the fact that the food is fair at best, and WAY TOO pricey. I think they're trying to stick it to you when they close the food court down in the student center at 2 p.m. and force you to go to Tolliver and spend 7 bucks on a meal. It blows.

Oh and by the way, since last year, I've gone from 218 to 182 eatin' that mess in the Cafe. I think those who gain the "Freshman 15" spend way too much time over in the Chik-Fil-A line.

Wtf happened to tech cafeteria... it went from, somewhat edible...
    ... ... too ... well... what it is now...
    Seriously, I think there is a bug in most of the food or water around here
    because I will seriously get sick the first week or so back from home...
    not cool.
    I must agree that all prices in Tolliver are way to expensive too.
    I can buy 2 Large Pizzas from Pizza Inn for 5 -7 $ or so... I guess since
    we can't take the money off of our cards they will enjoy charging the
    crap out of us... sigh...

Oh yeah, I'd like an ICEE after 2:00 PM!!!!!!!!! wtf is up with that closing
    so f'in early. I'm in class or at work til after 2 everyday, so ya, I don't get
    to get a friggin ICEE ... that is lame. :cry:

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Ramen Noodles. Five for $1.00. Problem solved.

Puppy TexasBulldog is an unknown
    Ramen Noodles are great, don't get me wrong. The thing is, I'm already paying $550 for my meal plan, and I expect better than what I'm getting now.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Sooner,
    you are married now, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!! Marriage can add 30 to 100 pounds, its a proven fact.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Have you ever eaten my wife's cooking? Sometimes I long for the Wilson Cafeteria days.

maybe if she wore a hair net and grew a mustache . . . . .

Puppy dawgs4life is an unknown
    whenever tolliver opened, my friends and i were excited because now we would have 3 places to choose from for dinner...but now, they open something new (tolliver) and shut down something old (food court). it really sucks!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBulldog
    Ramen Noodles are great, don't get me wrong. The thing is, I'm already paying $550 for my meal plan, and I expect better than what I'm getting now.
    It's called "college" my friend. I had to eat that slop from 99-03, but I made things better by bringing a bottle of Tony's with me in my backpack. It makes everything taste good.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    Sooner,
    you are married now, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!! Marriage can add 30 to 100 pounds, its a proven fact.
    Only a good marriage -

I would have killed for a Chik-Fil-A at TECH when I was there in 85-90...

The only decent nite was "steak" nite @ Wilson - and the use of the word "steak" was liberal at best to describe what was on the plate...

Griffs saw me through -

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    The King and Queen Special - 2 for 1 steaks!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    DIM, "steak nite at Wilson" brings back some memories. When word spread that Wilson's was serving steaks, every student showed up and the lines were out the door at all four entrances. The steaks didn't seem like steak, but what the hell, when you are a poor hungry college student, it was great. Steaks at Wilson and the one pound donuts at Tolliver kept me alive.

+ Reply to Thread